• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Melb] Amon Tobin & Kid Koala, The Prince - Fri 8 Dec REVIEWS!!

intothevoid

Bluelighter
2nd attempt to get this thread started:

im really looking forward to this gig,
is anyone else going?
last time Amon was in town he released a live cd of his set wihich is totally ace. =D
im expecting a mix of drum n bass, dark trip hop , bossa nova, creapy cinematic weirdness , breaks and a few more surprises.

http://www.princebandroom.com.au/index.php?option=events&task=viewEvent&eid=424

KID KOALA & AMON TOBIN (Ninja Tune, CA/UK)
Tickets Buy Tickets
Adult (Standing) $42.00

Times
08-12-2006 21:00:00
at the Prince Bandroom on Friday 8th December

Tickets $42 + booking fee on sale from Polyester Records, Central Station, Missing Link, Greville Records, Prince of Wales public bar (12 noon - 10pm, 7 days), phone book 03 9536 1168 (credit card only, 10am - 6pm Mon - Fri) or book online at princebandroom.com.au

Doors 9pm
FRIDAY DECEMBER 8

TOUR PARTY FOR KID KOALA’S NEW ALBUM ‘YOUR MOM’S FAVOURITE DJ’!!
ONLY MELBOURNE SHOW

It’s true; we’ve all been waiting patiently for the two sides of that shiny Ninja Tune coin to represent, and now finally – together at last! - the dark and the light, the moody atmospherics alongside the whimsical glee - KID KOALA and AMON TOBIN - return together to tour Australia this December! Yay! Hooray!

These are two of the few sonic manipulators to wield the wheels of steel with genuine artistic grace & ambition. To demonstrate not just dazzling wrist-actions, a sly sense of hip hop humour, and a comical mess of musical detritus, but also maintain the belief that the turntable, as a musical instrument, can be used well outside of its perceived comfort zone. And amongst the madness of it all, still managing to pull charisma from the crate time after time…

Party of the year! Damn straight!

www.kidkoala.com
www.amontobin.com

Im working unfortuantly. Im not fond of The Prince as a venue either :/

Perth Itinerary

Morissey said:
It fucking sucks that Amon Tobin isn't comming to perth :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

KID KOALA & AMON TOBIN
FRIDAY DEC 15 @ The Bakery

What "sucks" is Kool Keith and Edan are only doing shows in SYD & MELB!

best. gig. ever.

UPDATE: Amon Tobin is the King of the World. One of the best things i have ever witnessed!

8o 8( =D :p 8o %) ;) 8( =D :p :) 8o %) :D

well i feel like a bit of a retard for not going... oh hang on thats right i didnt go because i was working :\

LSD: are you feeling ok? All the smilie faces threw me ;)

What was the turn out like?

sold out.

my highlight koala joining tobin for his encore and smashing up slayers angel of death.

^yep that appealed to my inner bogan immensely
anyone that didnt go missed out on a ripper