• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne Winery tour proposed for early January next year --- testing the waters.

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT

Bluelighter
Mods hope you don't mind my posting this in Social firstly to garner some interest and ideas from the good folk of Melbourne-town. :)

OK, so it goes like this. NickyJ and a few other inter-staters are coming to Melbourne to ring in the new year and were wondering if people would like to attend an official blue winery tour during this time?
Think a more refined, more organised Goon 'n Coon.

Proposed dates would be 3rd, 4th or 5th of January.

I realise people's budgets will be pretty stretched at this stage, which is why I'm alerting everyone well in advance.

We're also open to ideas for venues to attend on the day.
The general idea will be hiring a bus and driving around a few places in the Yarra Valley, but obviously this will only be a viable option if we have enough interest.

So let us know! Talk, argue, complain -- do what bluelighters do. :D

What a great idea! :D Could we do this as well as the goon and coon picnic? I've got no problem with having too much of a good thing :D

I'll have to get a permission slip from Kat 1st tho. She's my Mummy while I'm in Melbourne :D

The 3rd of Jan sounds good btw ;)

Lolz. have vague plans for a winery trip when down in Melb around then
But in very late Dec and up near Rutherglen (great wine area)

Think i'll be back up here by the 3rd

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
-- do what bluelighters do. :D

I'll say that i'm keen and that i can make it, and then pike either a few days before the event, or when money has to be produced in some way or form.

I thought the goon and coon picnic was going to be on the 3rd? I don't know why I think that. Was that the date it was last year?

I've got a wedding to go to on the fifth but if I'm around when you guys go I'll consider it. How much are we talking? I'm usually more of a pub crawler type than wine taster. ;)

^ Yeah, teh goon and coon was on teh 3rd. And it still can be next year :)

yarra valley?
id be happy to oblidge, and perhaps get us some discounts as my brother and parents both live in the yarra valley, and both live next to wineries.
very close to home for me, but am away until the 4th in torquay. so if its the 5th, im definately up for it :)

My boss runs a wholesale wine warehouse, does online sales etc. wwww.winesheddirect.com.au

Not sure if I can attend, but if I do I might be able to sort out some definate discounts and other special treatment, hopefully ey!

up all night said:
I thought the goon and coon picnic was going to be on the 3rd? I don't know why I think that. Was that the date it was last year?

I've got a wedding to go to on the fifth but if I'm around when you guys go I'll consider it. How much are we talking? I'm usually more of a pub crawler type than wine taster. ;)

Mooosh and Witch Doc were talking of coming down for New Years, so call her and you may be able to plan a road trip together [coz we all know if you're left to your own devices, we won't see you in Melbourne ;)]

This idea sounds REALLY familiar :p

I spell checked this moe in case you read it, fammiliar looks a little off to me :p

I definitely won't be at this.
Wine does not agree with moe, unless he is broke and it comes from a cask.

I dont live in melbourne, but for the spirit of things ill drink some wine

iamtha1 said:
I'm away until the 6th. We should so make it the 6th or 7th - Saturday or Sunday! But I bet nickyj and interstate crew may have gone home by then... :\
I remember when iamtha1 used to turn up to my regular melb visits
Not anymore tho, now shes all anti-social and shit
So sad :(

As nice as it sounds, I doubt I'll have funds available (even with this much notice). The new years period will be a bit of a costly one.

I'm down for the second annual goon and coon though!

:)

Can we NOT have it on a sunday? Some of us are going back to work on the 8th :X

I will be up for anything post the 2nd when I will be returning from QLD - but the earlier the better IMO as then the longer I have to recover before stupid work work work work...aaggghh!!!!