• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Northern Exposure

tribal girl

Bluelight Crew
Anyone else a fan of Northern Exposure?. I used to watch this when it first aired. I must have been about 10 years old. I always used it as an excuse to stay up late instead of going to bed early for school. But I always really liked it's quirkiness on some level and used to discuss eppisodes with my teacher at school the next day. I always felt like I knew these strange little characters personally. And I used to wish that I lived in a town like Cicely aswell.

So, with all those nice little nostalgic memories of the show, I was interested to see if it was still up to scratch all these years later. So, I went ahead and bought the first 3 series on DVD (not all at once) not expecting it to live up to much. But I have to say-it was great!. Although it's true to say that they stretched out the whole O'Connell/Fleischman thing for a bit too long :\ .

north.jpg

I liked most of the characters, but for some reason Shelley was always my main favourite. She always seemed so naive, but with her heart in the right place.

shelley.jpg

I always found Chris Stevens' meaningful anecdotes/poetry during his radio show quite poignant. And the hilarious and obligatory case of Maurice flying off the handle just because someone disagreed with him on something or other was great too.

What were some of your favourite eppisodes, characters, and general memories of the show?.

Last edited:
Sorry tg, but it completely passed me by. My best mate loved it though, does that help? :D

I did always mean to watch it, but it was on quite late, wasn't it? I had to be in my beddie-byes. %)

FUCK YEAH! My girl and I love this show. I too have memories of it being on when I was young, staying up late on school nights to watch it.

They were recently re=playing all the seasons in order on the Halmark channel. Unfortunatly they were only on at like 2 in the morning. It gave us a great excuse to stay up late every weeknight anyway.

felixdahousekat said:
Sorry tg, but it completely passed me by. My best mate loved it though, does that help?

No it doesn't help!. Go buy yourself the first series from amazon (it's only cheap) and that might make up for it ;) =D

I loved that show. Adam, the chef who may or may not have worked for the CIA (and who is missing from that group pic) was my favourite.

adamqo5.jpg

Which reminds me... I need to get this!

^lol yeah. He finally got married to Eve the hypochondriac =D

Also, Marylin always annoyed me. It's like she never put any effort into acting. She was always so monotone :\

Yeah it is a good show, thankfully the DVD release has made it a little easier to remember.

Fans of Northern Exposure should look into Corner Gas. Not as broad and complex a show, but similar giggles, imo.