• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Dexter

wanderlust

Bluelighter
this is a new series on showtime.... anyone watching it?

dexter stars michael c. hall (six feet under) as the main star- a forensic (blood splatter) tech. the big twist is that dexter is actually a blood obsessed serial killer who curbs his urges by hunting and killing other serial killers all while living a normal seeming life.

there are maybe only two episodes so far and i have only seem one... so it is a little early to call it
but....
everywhere i look this is getting good reviews. i tried it after seeing the episode recommended in one of my favorite magazines. they have a section each week of what not to miss on tele for the upcoming week.
when i did watch it i didnt like the tempo of this show, or the lead as much as i thought i might from the reviews...
but it has potential

i just saw it last night! insomnia woke me up at 3 am and had to find something new to watch, and chose this and it really was fabulous! can not wait for the next one.

i think it has potential

the actor that plays dexter does great in that role i like how he interacts with people like his co-workers does great at "acting" like a normal guy, yet its like he is just doing that "acting normal"

still early but i dont know about the other killer coming into the picture, have to see how that develops.

like yall ill be tuning in next week :)

first time i watched dexter i kept thinking to myself.... why cant showtime make weeds as long as dexter? the episodes are twice as long.

This show rocks. I love the way you can see his character's acting, and yet formulate what's really going on in his head. And they always keep you guessing with fresh things. Oh, and it's always great to see the character struggle with "should I kill him" when you know it's within his power.

PM me if you want to see it.

Last edited:
it got a little slow in the middle, but picked up, has been fantastic. i hope this last epi isn't the season finale, i gotta know what happens to you know who (don't want to spoil it for anyone ;) though it was a bit predictable)

Amazing show; it gets better with each episode. I have really gotten into it, and recommend the books the show is based on as well. You will appreciate the show even more when you realize how perfect the adaptation is.

1400095921.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V62236746_.jpg

0307277887.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_V62166505_.jpg

Dexter has almost made me get over Showtime cancelling Huff. :(

NOOOO they canceled huff? are you fucking kidding, that show was fabulous. gah. i can safely say i enjoyed that show more than any other series ever.

DarthMom said:
NOOOO they canceled huff? are you fucking kidding, that show was fabulous. gah. i can safely say i enjoyed that show more than any other series ever.

Me too...I have no friggin clue why either. I know it was picked up VERY quickly from season 1 --> 2 also...something seems strange, the show was too good to be cancelled. How could they have had enough viewers to sign it for a 2nd season quickly and drop it for a third season? Did all the viewers leave? I thought season 2 was amazing...I wonder if HBO could pick it up or something.

Dexter is the only show that has kept me as entertained as Huff, so props to Showtime.

apparently, from a quick google i did earlier when you said it was canceled, i saw that they had planned the second season before the first was even aired, so it was a given....i guess they weren't impressed with the ratings.

this was a sleeper. i heard about it here, from bl'ers. i can't imagine anyone watching this and not falling in love. it had so much, for every type of viewer, any age, and any interest...

oh well, we are derailing. wrong thread. suffice it to say, this was a major mistake. i am tempted to even write to showtime like some tv addicted loser. not that i am :D oh wait....

Anyone see the season finale? Pretty fucked up right there. I can't imagine a second season; this one is just too perfect.

The last episode was kinda anticlimactic though. But Doakes' character just keeps getting better.

yeah, i like doakes too. i had predicted the ending, but it was still fun anyway, and the flashbacks were too fucking sad.

I'm glad I'm not the only one watching this show! It almost makes me forgive Showtime for cancelling "Dead Like Me".

Can't wait for the second season! :)

Nor can I. :)

Although the show got a bit predictable towards the end of the season, for the most part it was brilliantly intriguing and extremely well written. How many people could write a show which features an amiable serial killer as the main character?

I liked it so much that I'm starting the book tomorrow.

Wow. I watched the first season Friday and Saturday. I am really impressed. Great show, great acting, a nice surprise twist at the end... overall i cant wait for season 2.

It interesting to watch Dexter develop as a human.

This really may be my favorite show right now. I really don't get to excited about television programs, but I really can't wait for the next season of this one. Have to wait all the way to October!