• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Heroes

DarthMom

Bluelighter
my hubby and i saw a preview for this a while back and saw a firefighter saving some kid and thought, oh yay, yet another post 9/11 wet dream for the cops and firefighters of the u.s...but no way. i had heard someone talking about the show on the radio, so we caught the pilot last night, and it was fabulous!

it is actually about superheroes, people across the world who find themselves having powers such as teleportation, flying, etc.

you really need to catch this if you can, it is great so far!

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

yay! someone posted!

yeah, this is the best tv show in quite a while. i tried to get into lost, and it got old. this is clever, and really entertaining.....anyone who hasn't seen it, please, go find it and watch it!

I love lost to though but it was more difficult to get into.
hero is awesome.

I can't believe more people around here aren't into this show. I would think all of the comic book-reading, superhero-loving boys would be all over this.

Anyway, I think it's great! Have either of you two gotten into the symbol-spotting? I would love to have my own Hiro, he is just adorable. Character I like least? It's a tie right now between useless Simone and milquetoast Peter.

If either of you have Livejournal, there are a lot of good discussion groups going on over there.

ive heard on the radio it has one of the buggest internet buzzes going around, should it should be fitting that this show has it own BL thread

my friend downloaded the first 2 episodes and I was enthralled. It seems like there will be a lot of uncovering and things to ponder like in lost, but it has the ability to introduce new heroes at any given time

I think a lot is going to play around the guy who can draw the future, but as I alluded to earlier, a lot still remains a mystery

I love this show, so far! And how clever is it to introduce an audience to the show's concept the way they did? By showing us what was shown to us, and then the Japanese kid bending time backwards to undo all that had just happened, leaving us, the audience, in a state of knowing anticipation?! I look forward to seeing more... anyone know when episode three will air?

Daisybabe said:
I can't believe more people around here aren't into this show. I would think all of the comic book-reading, superhero-loving boys would be all over this.

Anyway, I think it's great! Have either of you two gotten into the symbol-spotting? I would love to have my own Hiro, he is just adorable. Character I like least? It's a tie right now between useless Simone and milquetoast Peter.

If either of you have Livejournal, there are a lot of good discussion groups going on over there.
i am not a fan of livejournal, or going to sites to discuss t.v. shows, but i may geek it up for this one =D

i agree hiro is the best, he is absolutely charming. and claire and ali larter (forgot her show name) are the two most gorgeous girls on tv.

and agree on the boring and useless peter and simone. i have a feeling though that peter is going to turn...something about how he is too proud for his own good.

i can't wait to see next week when clair barrels that car into a building with that rapist =D

the only person i don't like on the show is mohinders love interest (the girl who lived across from his dad). she is a really awful actress! cute though.

Yes,Hayden Paniteire(sp) is beautiful.The chinese kid looks like he's taking a dump when he travels time.

"The chinese kid looks like he's taking a dump when he travels time"

hahahahahhahahahhahaha, true

I watched the first three episodes yesterday. I'm going to enjoy this series, but so far it looks like something that I'll enjoy watching only once.

Ooooh I love this show. A guy from work downloaded it and was going on about how great it was, and I was kind of "Yeah, X-Men wannabe" (I love X-Men) but then a girl from work gave me the first 3 episodes and I was hooked.

I was worried that this was going to be something we didn't get for another 2 years here in Australia but it's coming onto the screen real soon which is good (though I've watched the first 12 episodes so I don't care - take *that* free-to-air TV!

So far I dont have a favourite character, though I'm still slightly puzzled about Ali Larter's powers and what they exactly are. So far she just seems bipolar LOL

Loving the show. Its only just hit British screens and I was so enthralled I have now downloaded every episode up to 16 and watched the whole lot pretty much in one go.

SPOILER BELOW
If I'm right I believe episode 17 (Company Man) is on US TV tonight (Monday) with quite alot of answers with regard to H.R.G. as well as a big fire at Claire's house.
Also expect a guest appearance and the death of a Hero.
(so I'm told)
Can't Wait!

Last edited:
Is it just me, or can anyone else completely not stand any of Ali Larter's scenes....honestly she is the worst actress I have seen in awhile, (her whole cheesy and lame attempt at split personality) Everytime I have to waste time watching her story unfold it takes away valuable time from the other real heroes who I enjoy following their story very closely in the limited time slot that heroes has..........Has anyone else noticed that there are 5 commercial breaks during an hour long show...Fuckers figured out a way to sqeeze them in by cutting on show time.

I know what you mean about the commercials dshock. Though I only had to suffer them for the first two episodes that i caught on the Sci-Fi channel.
As I'm now downloading them they've had the breaks edited out.

Don't agree with you on the Ali Larter thing though. I actually thought her scenes (given what she's got to work with) have been very convincing and I'm sure will add up to a massively important part of the plot.

Time will tell.

Heroes is probably the best show i'm yet to come across (that's not a comedy).

The mind reading with the cop taking direction from Claire's dad was SO cool, as is Peter's (?) telekinesis coupled with all his other abilities.