• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Glaucine HCL

Kalle Pook

Greenlighter
Has anyone here tried Glaucine (glaucine hydrochloride, glaucine hydrobromide or glaucine phosphate)? If so, what was it like? I was recently offered Glaucine HCL powder by a vendor who claimed the effects of Glaucine are similar to codeine and morphine. Was he trying to ripp me off, or is this something new hitting the market?

The product is an alkaloid extracted from the plant Yellow Horned Poppy (Glaucinum flavum Grantz). It possesses antitusive action. Unlike codeine, it does not suppress respiration, does not inhibit intestinal mobility and does not produce drug dependence addiction.

It seems Glaucine is like Codeine in the way it's extracted from a poppy and supress cough; but it doesn't have any enjoyable effect...

Kalle Pook said:
Has anyone here tried Glaucine (glaucine hydrochloride, glaucine hydrobromide or glaucine phosphate)? If so, what was it like? I was recently offered Glaucine HCL powder by a vendor who claimed the effects of Glaucine are similar to codeine and morphine. Was he trying to ripp me off, or is this something new hitting the market?

I have tried it. I took 150mg and felt a content feeling similar to kratom. And everything became very colorfull. With slight visuals that reminded me of mda. The experience was definitely not as strong as codeine or morphine. Maybe in higher dosages it may give more interesting effects but it's not really worth your money if you're gonna do 150mg and I don't know if higher dosages are safe. It also kept me up all night as I was trying to sleep.

Yes, I know. I'm late :D

jasoncrest said:
It seems Glaucine is like Codeine in the way it's extracted from a poppy and supress cough; but it doesn't have any enjoyable effect...

I found it to be enjoyable.

this is a poppy alkaloid? Strange i have never heard of it. You would think any alkaloid extracted from poppies would be somewhat illegal in most countries. It seems this vendor is treading a fine line legally. I like to see that in a vendor, keep a step ahead of the law :)

has a funny effect and different dose's.
I found many people just get sleepy and don't get the good effects

Glaucine was the main magic ingrediant in Funk Mind Music pills out a couple years ago on the legal highs market

ive done it and will a second time it was nice...... dont do more than 180mg youre risking yo ass i weigh 160 so people lighter than this should naturally go lower on the dosage

This is available to me as Glaucine HBr. I've read it's supposed to colourfully psychedelic but the only report in erowid mentions that it's more like Kratom. Now I'm an insomniac so the sedating properties intrigue me as do the disassociative qualities. But does anyone have any info on the visuals? And what doses are supposed to achieve this?
Much thanks for any help!

I'm on it now. Lower doses are pretty much like an opiate. Just be careful - I just did some reading, and it seems some people get very strong effects from a therapeutic dose of 40mg - the dose in a single pill in places it is sold OTC. I worked my way up too fast but I can say it definitely starts to do some more interesting things as you get to higher levels. I am going to post what I just posted in the "I'm High" thread about some glaucine experiences. After that, there is info about recent panic attacks I had before using the glaucine - I thought it important to include that because I had a panic attack with some strange delusional thoughts while on a high dose of glaucine. I think having those panic attacks along with a current situation that is causing me stress and anxiety is partly to blame for the weird panic attack I had and seeing the similarities between the panic attacks before the glaucine arrived, while on it, and some afterwards should show they are fairly similar. I probably went into too much detail and am wasting your time by typing too much, sorry, I got meth shot into my vein a little while ago and now I'll shut up. I used plugging/rectal/anal dosing for the glaucine - not very soluble unless you heat the water up really well. A certain person I allowed to try it, instructing to eat or plug it, pulled out an insulin syringe and IV'd the stuff after dissolving and filtering even though I asked him not to and told him it may not be safe. He said it reminded him of heroin but did not have the rush. Now he has me wanting to do it, but I think I will pass on shooting up glaucine unless I see some positive trip reports of IV use and I doubt I'll see that unless it becomes popular. Oh, and it is really good with hydrocodone - plugging like 100mg with 30mg hydrocodone (enough to prevent withdrawal if I have more later) made me feel pretty damn good but neither of those alone would do much for me. Here is that info:

Here is some info on that glaucine stuff I had been talking about from eBay when taken by itself at the 425mg dose a couple of hours before any hydrocodone or benzo and general effects at lower levels -

At doses of 100-300mg it has a pleasant, opiate-like effect and is really nice with hydrocodone. It definitely starts to enhance and make music sound better when you get around or above 200mg. Things also start to just look more beautiful and emotions are intensified if you are exposed to stimuli that would normally produce significant emotional reactions, but the feeling is of an opiate-like contentment along with a glowing radiating love (I'm not sure how to describe it, I am pretty high right now). There were hints of a psychedelic mindspace, but not much and definitely not the colorful visuals described by Wikipedia.

A 425mg dose caused that hint of a psychedelic mindspace to become more than just a hint, but it would only be what you'd expect from something like a +1 level trip on something such as Mescaline. Things looked different in a way I can't describe or define and it seemed like patterns were trying to form in the popcorn like texture of the ceiling. The opiate type effect did not seem to get much if any stronger but it seemed like mild empathogenic and entactogenic effects were manifesting. Mood became very serene and peaceful. Feelings of gratefulness for the ones I love came forth strongly and I wanted to tell everyone how I felt, but this was at night so I ended up spending much of the next 5 or 6 hours with my raccoon (his name is Lucky - if I thought I could tell how I got him, you would see how well the name fits but I doubt I'll ever let anyone know that). I went to the computer 3 or 4 times to listen to a few songs during that period.

One song (From My Hands by VNV Nation, if you want to know - and actually the song before that started to make me cry: 4th and Pine by Monster Movie) made me really suicidal and I started to think about jumping off of a particular building in January if I was too depressed to go back to university. I quickly became very paranoid for about 10 minutes or so, feeling like up to three people at my university knew what I was thinking and it felt like someone was putting thoughts of not wanting me to jump and trying to put a guilt trip on me by inserting his thoughts into my head (I mainly believed it was my counselor and thought the university psychiatrist might be doing it as well. I had no idea who the third person might be (if there was a third person, my counselor and the psychiatrist at the university are the ones I mainly feared, the third person was not as important as they were less likely to have connections to get me sent to a mental institution as far as I was concerned at the time). It was alarming that I had no control over how my thoughts were flowing out of my head and into the minds of others. I've felt that before - it is never pleasant. For a couple of minutes, I feared the police were coming to take me to the mental institution and I kept looking out the door and through my living room windows. For some reason, I just all of a sudden started laughing my ass off and I don't know why. The paranoia and suicidal thoughts left instantly and for a few minutes, I could not control my laughing and had no idea why I felt this way out of the blue. I then went back to how I was before. Spent more time with Lucky, then it was morning. I'm sure my mom knew I was on something because I rarely tell her or anyone else I love them, but did so to everyone at least once. It was wearing off by now and in 2 or 3 hours, I was ready to go to bed.

I had a number of bad panic attacks and lots of anxiety before I got the glaucine and became very paranoid that the police were going to search my house (something involving someone other than me was going on causing me anxiety, I will not go into the who or why but if it happened, my existence on Bluelight and the Earth would have been self-nullified, if you know what I mean) and I felt like the cops knew I was thinking this and were inserting both suicidal thoughts and fear into my mind. I had this bad anxiety with frequent panic one night and was fucking terrified to get near the window because I thought someone would come through the window with a knife to kill me (I used to have this irrational fear every night as a child). I think it was this series of severe panic attacks with paranoid delusions (thought broadcasting and thought insertion are the names for these particular delusions - the one where your thoughts are broadcast to or read by other people/another person or thoughts are put into your head, I did not mean the one about someone coming through the window with a knife to kill you - that doesn't have a name as far as I know and I don't know if the fear I had as a kid would be considered a delusion or a phobia - it also did not always involve knives, just someone coming through the window to kill me and I was just as fucking scared of being burned to death while sleeping - I was fucked up).

Yesterday and the day before, I was pretty sick and felt horrible. This always causes severe panic attacks and often with bizarre thoughts. When I kept puking and dry heaving really bad, I thought I was puking up pieces of my liver and was going to die. When feeling sinus pressure and a headache, I thought growing brain parasites were pushing my eyes out as well as killing me.

After reading that this morning, a bit more, and seeing it pop up here... Im really curious about this stuff. Gonna sniff out some studies on it I guess, what I've read isnt enough.

I take 150 mg of glaucine on and empty stomach and I love it. It has the same body high as shrooms-- a feeling of weakness/extreme relaxation, lots of yawning. Dissociative effect makes it very difficult to perform tasks, it is by far the strongest appetite suppressant I've ever had. First time there was a minor altering of my vision, made me incredibly calm, couldn't get angry at anyone or anything on glaucine. Also seems to be an empathogen, very huggy and lovey on my wife, very compassionate to everyone. CEVs? I couldn't close my eyes long enough to try, but it felt similar enough to robo or codeine that I would probably expect to get a hypnogogic effect. Had it by itself, had it with Kava-- very nice, not yet tried with weed. Had it with 1,500 mg phenibut and half an adderol and it felt like I was on MDMA, like a middle range dose. Glaucine made me horny, but make erections (even by itself) a bit difficult and orgasm too hard to achieve. Not a strong psychedelic, per se, but an unbelievably pleasant and strong tranquilizer. Very introspective mind trips, so I felt very uncomfortable that taking this stuff too much might make me lie around like a junkie too much. I'm beyond impressed with this stuff, but the mind trip keeps me from falling asleep on it.