• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

film : tom yung goong

vegan

Bluelighter
it's a thai martial arts movie with tony jaa (ong bat)

the story is not any better than most martial arts movies
the bad guys are so stereotyped it's funny
but the aesthetics are quite good and the colours are pretty

anyway, i started this thread to mention a 3.50 minutes fight scene with no cuts that's pretty amazing
it takes place on several floors of a restaurant and the camera follows tony jaa as he makes his way up, breaking things and people on the way
it must have asked a huge amount of preparation and is a masterpiece in the genre in my opinion

i hope for them they got it on the first time

also, if you feel like counting the broken arms in the last scene, there must be a record there
i'm betting on >30 arms and 10 legs

Weird, I just finished watching this.

For those in North America it's being released as "The Protector". It had good action, but I have definitely seen better stories from these types of films before. I thought Ong-Bak was faster paced and had better fight scenes overall.

It doesn't try to be anything else other than a showcase of tony jaa's talents, and i was entertained throughout the film even without subtitles.

just to answer my own questioning, i read on a web site that they filmed this scene in 4 days

Spoilers

It would have been 100x better had they completely cut out every scene with the cops, news broadcasts, and transvestite gangsters, which make absolutely no sense whatsoever. This film has one of the absolute worst stories of any martial arts film I've seen, which is saying a lot. As most people familiar with the genre know, stories are almost always subpar, but here it's ridiculously bad. It didn't have to be either, the premise of him trying to find his stolen elephant was good enough, but when they tried to incorporate the cops into the story for no apparent reason (these scenes, honestly, go ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE and make no sense at all). But, of course, who really gives a fuck about that when there's such awesome fight sequences?

The fight scene in the restaurant going up the stairs is incredible from a cinematography standpoint. The fight scene in the warehouse is pretty cool, other than the very stupid idea of the rollerbladers to use flourescent lights as weapons (seriously, what the fuck?), but Tony Jaa is amazing as usual, so it doesn't really matter. The bone breaking scene is one of the most brutal scenes I've ever seen. I loved it. The best fight though, I thought, was the one with the Capoiera fighter in the temple. Amazing display of talent from both fighters. The Capoiera fighter should have his own movie he was so good. One of the best martial arts films I've seen lately.