• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

THe George Foreman Grill-How God Grilled Food

PARooolller

Bluelighter
I was just curious as to how many Bluelighters actually own a George Foreman Grill. I think that it's one of the best inventions for someone who follows a healthy lifestyle and prefers to cook all of their meals opposed to just heating up shit in the microwave. I've owned mine for well over 2 years now and use it at least 3 times a day without any product failure. It's reliable, easy to clean, fast as fuck, affordable, portable, versatile, and it cooks food in a healthy and unbelievably appetizing way. You can cook anything on it! I feel that if you are an individual who eats a lot of fast food or packaged food and are trying to start following a healthy routine then this is the first step to amazing health. I've lost a good 40 lbs in 2 years and have the body I have always desired and I feel that I owe one to good ol' Mr. Foreman. What a random athelte to promote such a wonderful godlike product for us fat unhealthy Americans.

You say it works well on many things.. how does it fare with vegetables?

I would think it might do a mean eggplant grill..

I broke mine trying to close it with too many chicken breast in it.:(

Yeah, I love those things. The one I bought was too small though and was a pain in the ass to clean. What kind of stuff did you use to clean it ? It seemed like some of that shit was just cemented on there...

Mine stayed pretty dirty looking,though it actually was clean.Like you said,some of that stuff just won't come off.It would be better if they made it where you could remove the grilling plates and put them in the sink.Or maybe they do now,mine was pretty old.

I have one of these (not the 'George Foreman' brand though)

I think it's fabulous - especially for stuff such as Kebabs. 2-3 minutes in the grill and my lamb/chicken kebabs are done. Chicken fillets and steaks are easy in it too.

The only thing is, the ridges don't suit cooking sausages and burgers so much - I find it sort of flattens them and they work better in the non-stick frypan.

I use mine for chicken breasts if I'm in a rush. For any other meat I use my Jenn-Air indoor counter top gas range/grill. While the Foreman is quick and efficient, nothing beats cooking over fire.

psychetool said:
Yeah, I love those things. The one I bought was too small though and was a pain in the ass to clean. What kind of stuff did you use to clean it ? It seemed like some of that shit was just cemented on there...

With the model that I have you can actually remove the top and bottom grill plates and just run them under your sink while scrubbing with the brillo pad it came with or a wet paper towel. All you have to do to minimize the build-up is spray Pam(Cooking oil spray) on the grill before you drop the meat on.

Yah, I just got a Foreman grill and it is pretty sweet.

Mine also has those plates that can be removed and washed. I thought that was one of the cool things about it?!?

I bought my friend one for her and her husband's wedding present... I got them one with the stainless steel outside.

When my friend got back from her honeymoon she sent me an email to thank me for it - saying another wedding guest gave them a George Foreman, only a white one... and they returned that one and kept mine... hehehe :)

When I get my own place I'll probably buy one... I love grilled vegetables and can't get enough of lamb chops! :D

it's the closest thing to grilling you can have inside a kitchen. i have the small one...i like grilling tuna, slalmon, swordfish....
but, the only negative is the cleaning part. i just wish there was someway to take it apart and get it into a dishwasher

Word. That's why the newer version has removeable plates for a 30 second clean-up

i have a george at home too, it's amazing. it cooks everything and is extremely easy to clean.

Sounds good, but nothing beats the bbq in my opinion. All the fat drips through the grill, you're cooking over fire and cleanup is non existent.

Cleaning a bbq is sacreligious!

chopped_chimp said:
Sounds good, but nothing beats the bbq in my opinion. All the fat drips through the grill, you're cooking over fire and cleanup is non existent.

Cleaning a bbq is sacreligious!

Word. BBQing is definately an experience but I don't always have the time to go outside and fire up the grill. I use the Foreman grill for basically EVERY meal I consume throughout the day excluding breakfast. There is nothing like that backyard BBQ with some beers on a hot summer evening though.:)

*buys the grill today*

I have always used one of those grills where you put the food on a tray and it heats the food from above, and I love grilling food, as much as I love the BBQ its too much fuss.

I have one of these and it's awesome. It's not exactly a George forman but it's an Australian version.

Sometimes I will use it for every meals of the day.

Breakfast:- Grilled Tomatoes, mushrooms on toast
Lunch Grilled chicken or Tuna steaks
Dinner Grilled eggplant.

StagnantReaction said:
You say it works well on many things.. how does it fare with vegetables?

i think that it's better with vegetables because you don't have to worry so much about watching what you're cooking.

i've used one off and on for years. unless i am cooking meat from frozen i usually won't use it because it's too easy to overcook the outside of whatever you're cooking.

the best use i have found for it is quesadillas.

:)