Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

BL Meetup (VIC): Cycle Ride

ruski

Bluelight Crew
This is a split off from the "What car do you drive?" thread as there was a little interest in a cycling meetup.

Looking for interest in cyclists (mountain bikers are well as racers welcome but you may be left trailing behind a bit hehe) who would be willing to meet on a Saturday or Sunday morning around 7.30-8am to do a Elwood --> Frankston or some other pre-determined route ride.

Beach Road is a popular and safe route and given I'm still a bit of a amature it'd be nice to at least learn how to pack ride on a road I'm familiar with, but I'm also happy to adapt to suggestions.

If you need route suggestions or want to plot the course to get a better idea of the area I'm talking about check out www.bikely.com.

dammit i just posted in the car thread :)

Saturdays down beach rd is good for me. i can only go every other weekend though due to work commitments.
I'll be heading off this weekend... generally Kew -> Carlton -> City -> St Kilda -> Black Rock or maybe a bit further.

Would be happy to meet in St Kilda around 8-9am ... getting to there by 7:30 is probably pushing it a little since i'll be riding the whole way from home.

But i'm definately in whenever it happens, if it became regular it would be great!!

And yeah Bikely or Gmap-pedometer are both great sites =D

Duckboy said:
... Kew -> Carlton -> City -> St Kilda -> Black Rock or maybe a bit further.

I don't ride, but Black Rock is right near my hood.
So if you plan on being that bunch of cyclists that sit around in lycra in coffee shops - then i might just pop down and say hello.

However, i can't guarantee that i will be wearing lycra.

DB: Yeah the later interval is fine w/me, was just accomodating those with earlier tastes as well :)

Bloss, sounds good.

8am sunday morning? Half of these bluelighter's wouldn't even be out of a club by then.

bloss, I'm with you. fuck-off-guccis ahoy? :)

I'll bring the frozen oranges and be the water girl to see men in lycra.

I'd say we'd stick with Saturday, but hell, I've got for a good ride with only a few hours sleep. Albeit not for the faint hearted nor do I recommend it :)

^ as I've already told u n Duckboy once I'm certain nothing is going down Friday night I'm in. If so will I be the only girl hmm? c'mon ladies *sings the push bike song*
In the summer time when the weather is hot......oh wait it ain't summer. N I bet it's raining Saturday morning haha.

yes c'mon ladies!!...

and yes, saturday is best all round :)

biiiicycle....biiiiicycle! I want to ride my bicycle, i want to ride my bike!

;)

If i was in VIC, i'd be there in a heartbeat! I love going for a peddle, alas, noone i know up here is keen.

(i guess i could ride down from qld ;)... i'll need about a week to get there)

lance_seven-711333.jpg

Join us!

<3

I would be in in a second but alas, I'm still very very much in the amateur stages...
Working a fair bit on the exercise bike at home and my real bike when it's not too mind numbingly cold to try to get my strength up so I can last the distance. Unfortunately I haven't improved enough to even begin to give Duckboy anything that resembles a nice trot for him on his swanky bike. :)

Maybe in a few years I'll be able to join you. :p

How about we just go to a pub that has a bike nailed to the wall or something?

^ when you pass out you could be used as a speed bump.

<3

^Hehe. Nice try boys but it looks as though you'll have to offer something a little more appetising than your fine selves lycra'd up to the hilt to entice this crew out of the house. ;)

Mary Poppins said:
that picture almost makes cycling look pleasant.

It's the glass of champagne.
Champagne makes anything look pleasant.

I wish i could ride with only one hand.

^ of course it was the champagne. you think it was the helmet that was doing it for me? ;)

better to ride with no hands...then you have 2 for champagne! :)