Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Twelve in hospital after suspected overdoses

intothearms

Bluelighter
I have been told by a few friends that last night in the main area at [Event name], that announcement was made to "Not buy or take Lighting Bolts, Monsters Inc's, or Horse Shoes."

Apparently a few people had been taken to hospital?

Does anybody have any more information on these pills, or in general what happened?

Might be a good idea to steer clear of 'em...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dmn , SWIM is on yellow bulbs right now...thanks ..lol nah SWIM had em past two weeks just bulbs..fall apart real easy.

Where's [Event name] exactly? I praise you for your harm reduction spirit but a bit more information wouldn't go amiss :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmm, when I was in my days I had no trouble with them either, Yellow ones. Must have been 6 or so months ago though. New batch mayhaps.

Bound to happen with all the bust in Oz....people use the oppurtunity to dump some crap...

nah...friends had thunderbolts last nite....same as lightning bolts and yeh....good chargy pill..nothing dangerous

i'm going to move this to Aus Drug Discussion if you haven't already made a thread there. this will get more traffic and help more people there than it will here.

mods, move as necessary

I was there. The anouncement made was that if anybody had taken blue somethings (didn't hear it properly) or beige monsters inc's that they should monitor their condition and that if they had any on them to throw them out. 12 people were hospitalised on these pills on the night.

Have to say that this is the first time I've witnessed such an announcement at any event. Big props to the organisers for stopping Technoboy's set to make it as I'd imagine that a lot of promoters would want to brush such an issue under the carpet. Reminds me of the announcement made at woodstock regarding sunshine acid.

Removed the event name & renamed thread

Twelve in hospital after suspected overdoses
Sunday, July 2, 2006. 4:09pm

Twelve people were taken to hospital after apparently overdosing on drugs during a rave party in Sydney's inner-west overnight.

They are in a satisfactory condition in hospital.

Police say five people were arrested for alleged drug possession during the party at the Sydney Showground which attracted a crowd of 4,500 people.

From ABC Online

Last edited:
YellowDart - No disrespect mate but your info is wrong. The MC announced that people should be cautious about taking any beige lightning bolts or brown monsters inc's.

I was chatting to a few people at the event who had taken either one of them and also been reading alot of different forums where people have said they also took them. The general concensus was that there wasn't anything real dangerous in them, it was just that they were pretty strong. It looks as if many inexperienced users have got their hands on strong pills and just got in way over their head. To me this highlights the real need for harm minimisation and education towards the community.

I applaud Powerhouse's decision to stop the music (even if it was technoboy :/) and give the warnings because even if it only helped one person to remain safe it was worth it. Besides all these drama's it was still a great night for me with great music and great company.

the beige lightnings are definetely not dangerous - just strong as said above :)

the beige monsters inc just did they rounds in my area in vic.. not dangerous just strong too..

i might actually have to take back my above statement.. at work today i found out three of my freinds, who are experienced weekly pill takers, all got very sick from just one or two of the monsters..

These are guys who never get sick of large amounts of pills..

Did your friends test these pills? Are we all definately talking about the same batch of pills?

Not a whole lot of concrete information here.

was there sniffer dogs at the event? i have had previous expereince when young kids see the dogs and freak out and dump all their pills before they have to pass the dogs, only to besmacking out on the floor 45 mintues later