drugs and cars

flutter

Bluelighter
just wondering if anyone has ever had any bizare experiences while driving on drugs (i know this is not a safe thing to do but....)
I was pulled over for a breath test on my way home from a rave about 2 yrs ago and i had only been on my p plates for 2 weeks. I was seriously trashed and i'm sure the police knew that. I was covered in glitter and freaky clothes and was so paranoid. Anyway i passed the test and was free to go. It was scary but.
Another time i was leaving a party still candy flipping pretty hard (about a week after the breath test incident) and there was this group of people waving to me on a hill.I waved back and as i did hit a pole and left a huge dent on the front and side of my car.I freaked and thought i had damaged the car so much it was undrivable.(i told my parents someonre hit the car while i was in the party)
Anyway since then it's been smooth sailing for me.....

Driving on drugs? Dunno, I like my car too much to try. Being a passenger while rolling? Freakin' fantabulous!!
Anyone with a convertable who wants to cruise down the motorway some night with the music up... I'll be in
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
[email protected]
Sydney, Australia

noooo just recently had a bad experience with drugged driving, where i was so messed up i didnt even realize (well actualy i think i remember saying over and over that we should not be out on the road but was too much out of it to do anythign more than that)
the funny part was i never understood how anyone could be really messed up and not realize that they sohuldnt be driving before wait goddamnit im rabling, still fucked up about 18 hours after the last pill dropped the good thing is that i think i am finally starteing to enter 8up and am finally out of the fucked up phase
what was the question?
------------------
AleX

This was weird. I was blowing up hardcore when some of my friends decided it was time to go to a club. The drive there seemed forever, even though it was only like 4 miles. Had Oakenfold pounding through the subs and shit, I dunno what happened, I like blacked out or something. Anyway, I suddenly just like realized what the fuck was going on. I remember holding the steering wheel and not knowing what the hell I was doing in my car. This must've just lasted like 2-3 seconds but it was fucked up. Totally faded out to the trance. Won't do it again for a while.
PLUR
DJ Maurer

I have drivin on drugs before many a time. I would have to say tripping is probably the most unsafe. Rolling I can drive fine the only problem is stopping perception (stop early and long). Tripping on the other hand, makes 45mph look like 10. I was tripping so hard once that the turns looked as if they went in the opposite direction then they really did. Luckily, it was my hometown and my brain just went through the motions. If you do drive on drugs try to be as safe as possible. If your too fucked up, you should realize not to drive. Not only for your safety, but for passengers as well as others on the streets.

I drive rolling a lot, I'm usually the designated driver (why, I don't have a clue). I've only had one bad experience, where we had to leave a party early because someone got sick, and I wound up having to drive while I was BLOWING UP. Couldn't see straight, totally rushing, totally unsafe. Luckily nothing happened, but from now on I don't drive unless I'm at least reasonably sure that I can. Better safe than sorry, eh?

Man last nite we had a real funny experience with drivin f*ed up. We were drivin along, 3 cars of us, and make it to the after party all good and dandy. Well turns out the car we were in wasnt doin all that good a job of navigating the roads. We were told by the peeps followin us that our driver was constantly switchin between brakes and gas the WhOLE way. When we got there, the driver and i both just get out the car and walk into the afterparty. Turns out we left the car in drive, and on... luckily TAC noticed it was still on and turned it off for us... god knows we needed to stay out of the car, but the night just couldnt end soo early
smile.gif

ok well actually now that im not fucked up anymore i now remember what happened to me after my third time rolling, it was my first time at a techno club (salvation for those of you who know miami, icey, wendel and some other people were playing there)well anyways we had soem pretty strong pills that night and when the lights finally came on inside i was still rolling hard off my second pill and so luckily i had a freind there who was in the end part of his last roll (not yet in comedown stage) and who also had experience driving a big car drive us home but once we dropped him off i was finally in the end part of mine and couldnt go home at that time since my parents would be up by this tiem and my eyes were still dialated to hell so we went over to another freinds hoouse where the remaining two freinds smoked some danks, meanwhile i started to crash so i didnt realize what they were doing, and when they wake me up and said i had to go i was the soberest person there so i drove back, it was a drive i had taken many times before and there was hardly anyone else out on the road at this time so i drove and on one long stretch of road i totally blacked out and was snapped back to reality by my freind in shotgun seat saying, hey paul i dont think hes concious, ohh shit, slammed on the brakes and when i came to a stop i realized that i was in the middle of a four way stop sign
never again
------------------
AleX

holy fuck TAC, is that all one sentence? you know, the full stop is next to the comma on your keyboard!
smile.gif

please think about not driving whilst fucked up. i know it may seem like a fine line for some people, but we really don't need more deaths associated with e from people driving their cars around whilst pilling.
if you like driving around whilst dropping, buy a playstation, turn out the lights, and go for your life.
cheers
pinger

mmm, yes. I'll let hypocrisy rule right now, and say I agree with you pinger.
I drove home last night, and I really shouldn't have. I've been sitting here a lot of today thinking how silly that was. Especially seeing as I've already stacked my car, DUI (luckily the other party was the gutter, and the cops didn't happen to wander by), and thought i'd learnt my lesson. I obviously haven't, because I've driven stoned too many times since, and also whatever you want to call the state I was in last night.
Please, somebody give me a talking to or a pimp slapping or something, before it is too late!
Ben.
------------------
"Everything gets better all the time"

I love driving on ecstasy! I really love it. It gives me a....... I dunno a really good feeling that i can't really describe. Sometimes I have to admit that it is dangerous, I have gone straight thru a red light before (and was just damn lucky) and if you got halucinations starting, well then it's time to pull over. One time I had some halucinations start up when driving over Mt Henry Bridge (for all the Perth Bluelighters) I thought that the little puddles on the side of the road where the jagged edge of the bridge. But we all made it home safe. Thing is whenever I have driven on the chemical intoxicants it has been at times when there are very few ppl on the roads, I surely wouldn't like peak hour traffic but I think I would still be safe.
In conclusion i believe that it's wisest to avoid driving while off your head but i love it so much i'll do it again and again, and if i kill anyone while doing it i'll know that they where fully aware of my state before getting in the car cause i wouldn't begin to fool anyone about this kind of thing, but I would still feel as much reponsible and fuct up as if i'd killed someone whilst driving sober.
I think that if you are a competent driver (not female) and a competent roller and not totally peaking then you can pull it off.
P.S. the female thing was just a joke

well i only ever drive when i'm coming down once i tried when i was peaking but only managed to go around the block and then we parked in the same place back where we started cos there was just too much to think about and i wasnt doing too well. hmmm. oh well.
the only problem i have when driving is the glare from the lights due to dilated pupils. i wear contact lenses and i think that this intensifies the problem. smoke machines also intensifies the problem too. orange street lights are really bad and i seriously cant see like a metre i front of my car. i hate orange lights i wish they didnt use them- white and yellow lights are just as effective and musch safer too when there are people like me driving (even though i shouldnt be driving)

Oooh. I love driving while trashed! I know its bad and everything.. but at the risk of sounding arrogant, I must admit that I am a very good driver while on a pill.
I feel that once I get into the car.. I go into this driving mode. Vision becomes clear, I'm still alert etc, but it just feels excellent. Windows down etc. I don't know why.. Even just sitting in the car is excellent.
But then... Driving on speed. That is just magic. The road turns into a race track. I know its awful and I'm not just putting myself at risk.. But other people as well..
However.. I only drive like a maniac when I am the only person in the car. If I have passengers then I like to think of myself as being a very responsible driver.
[nod]
Jon.

I had a pretty scary experience. We had a group of 12 and we all packed into my lil' truck. I think we exceeded the weight limit, but we didn't really have anyone to drive so we tried to minimize cars. Anyways my friend drove home cause he was the "most able." It was scary cause my tires need air and the alignment's off so with a ton of people and wet rodes we were hydroplaning everywhere. We didn't even get above 40. Luckily we got home safe but it freaked out a bunch of trippers :p
peanut

Yeah. I love driving when i'm rolling. It makes driving seem so smooth. Tripping is a bit different. I get really paranoid especially if it's a sunday morning and all these families are out driving. I think am i going fast or slow, do they know i'm trashed.
I know it could be dangerous but if i didn't think i was right to drive i wouldn't. And i also hate public transport especially when i'm scattered.

well i had to drive rollin a couple weeks ago and i think i shouldve waited a little while longer than i did, i brought a friend of mine to a party and she was only on 1 pill so she came down a long time before i did, and i met a couple girls there who i said i would give a ride home and they were straight. well it was reachin about 5 and i was still out dancin and huggin and they were all just wiatin fer me to be ready to go, so i kinda knew i shouldnt drive but figured what the hell, they were bored and i felt bad cos they were all fallin asleep... so at like 5:30 we took off, luckily theres hardly anyone on the streets at that time, the passengers in my car brought to my attention that i ran 2 red lights and at one red light i stopped in the middle of an intersection, on the highway on the way home i noticed i was driving on the white lines but then tried to keep it on the d.l. so no one would freak... but it didnt bother me i was just all calm and happy
trippin and drivin well thats just not fun, i had to bring my friend back to her house after trippin out at my house for the nite, it was like 4 am and im trippin face in the middle of my town, crawlin with pigs. i swear i was goin like 50 and it seemed like i was goin 20. as someone else mentioned in the post, im so glad it was only in my town so it was kind of automatic, cuz i was sittin in the car wonderin "what the FUCK am i doin here???" and i was stopped at a stop sign for like 5 minutes because i was so petro a pig would pull me over... i dont think that driving on drugs is a good thing and really try not to make a habit of it...
------------------
"We hold these experiences to be self-evident, that all is equal, that the creation endows us with certain inalienable rights, that among them are: the freedom of the body, the pursuit of joy, and the expansion of consciousness."

i know there have been a few times where i just shouldn't have been driving, but i did anyway. Luckily, everything was cool, and nothing happened. The biggest thing I've noticed when driving and not being sober (I'm usually on the comedown when i get in a car... i won't get in the car if i'm peaking) is the white lines and reflectors on the highway. I see doubles of the lines and reflectos about 3 feet above the ground, and as i drive up to them, they sink back into the ground. weird, huh? just be safe everyone...

I LOVE driving when eeing
smile.gif

It feels so smooth, like you're floating around the roads. (I don't drive when I'm peaking or if I have too much eye movement).
2 words: power steering!
smile.gif
smile.gif

here is a quote that an experienced friend of mine told me about 2 years ago. "driving is a group effort while rolling" for me, when there are a bunch of people in your vehicle, and there are like 10 conversations going on, and you aren't really sure of where you are going, and you are really fucked up, that is the hardest thing in the world. i know it is hard, but if everyone is trying to help the driver and not distract him, it is much easier.
i have got pulled over about a year ago leaving a bar for supposedly not having my headlights on. i think i did, but i couldn't argue witht he cop. i had just done a bump of c before i left the parking lot, so i was pretty fucked up when he got to me, but i passed everything fine. i was also at a long light and cut through a gas station to avoid the light, and got pulled over. i had done x, k, and g within the past 2 hours, but he didn't even get me out of the car. lucky me!! and just last week, i was driving home with like 3 other people in the car. we did 2 big lines of k right before i left. i came to a four way stop, and stopped, but there was no stop sign. i was just stopped in the middle of the road for no reason. i think i learned my lesson from doing that. no more driving for me!!! i think it is the hardest to drive while on k or g!!
------------------
Yeah, and maybe we should go to college, stop putting gel in our hair, and start wearing blue jeans.

3 of my friends got pulled over, the driver hadnt changed the plates from the old owner, he didnt have his drivers license, the other 2 people didnt have their licenses, they had a pipe, 2 ounces of weed and 1 ounce of shrooms. so to the cop it looked like 3 kids stole a car, the cop didnt search them, or the car, didnt give them a ticket or anything he said "i should search this car and have a tow truck take it to the impound lot but i wont, just go and drive safely"
is their somebody out there looking over us?
"what ever it is i think i see, becomes a tootsie roll to me"