• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man exacts revenge on thief who stole his marijuana

Skyline_GTR

Bluelight Crew
Thief saved from victim's wrath

Retaliation - An 18-year-old is held captive, threatened by a man he stole pot from, police say

The Oregonian
Friday, June 23, 2006
AIMEE GREEN

Infuriated that burglars swiped several pounds of marijuana from his Milwaukie home, Bradley John Poppino decided something had to be done. And it certainly wasn't going to involve the police.

Authorities on Thursday outlined what they say happened next:

Poppino went about setting a trap, figuring the bandits who'd left behind more than 50 of his marijuana plants would be back. He parked his car down the street, so it would look like no one was home, and enlisted the help of a neighbor, Andrew Paul Kester, to keep an eye out for intruders. And he sat down on his couch. And waited.

Three men eventually showed up, encountered Poppino and Kester and bolted. But Poppino, 43, and Kester, 27, tackled one of the men, Paul Abelino Canul, 18.

Canul said in an interview Thursday that he pulled a gun but that the men grabbed his weapon and dragged him back to Poppino's garage, where they duct-taped his wrists and ankles and kicked him to the floor.

Canul, who was in Clackamas County Jail on Thursday on $100,000 bail and charges of attempted burglary and unlawful possession of a weapon, described the next six hours as a harrowing ordeal. Poppino and Kester, also in jail under $250,000 bail and kidnapping charges, declined to comment.

According to Canul, the men threatened to hurt his family; forced him to call his friends and order them to return the stolen pot; and threatened to cut off a toe for each hour that went by without their marijuana returned. While using the phone, Canul covertly passed hints about his location.

When time passed without return of the marijuana, the men invited over a third man, who duct-taped Canul's eyes shut and threatened to use a chain saw to cut him into itty bitty pieces.

"He said: 'No body? No evidence,' " said Canul, referring to the rougher tone of the third man, whom police haven't identified. "I'm not a very religious guy, but I prayed."

Then, Canul said, he passed out.

When Canul awoke, he said the men were running out of energy. The yelling and the swearing had died down and then men started talking about ordering a pizza, Canul said. Then he heard a car pull up to the house.

"I think 'OK, maybe my homeys are here and they're going to knock some skulls, and we're going to get out of here,' " Canul recalled.

But it was Clackamas County sheriff's deputies, who were anonymously alerted to the situation. Police seized 50 marijuana plants from the home, more than seven times the limit allowed by the medical marijuana card that Poppino cited in his defense.

"It's a bit unusual when everyone involved is a victim and a defendant," said Chris Owen, the prosecutor handling the case.

Authorities have not determined whether the marijuana-growing operation was criminal, but Detective Jim Strovink, a spokesman for the sheriff's office, said such scenarios are common in the drug underworld: Drug dealers know they are targets, and they're ready to retaliate.

Canul said although he's angry about the ordeal, he can't say he didn't have it coming.

"I'd be pretty mad if someone stole my pot," Canul said. "If I was in their shoes, I'd probably have done the same thing."

Link

Lol, quite an amusing tale =D Maybe in future he'll think twice about being a thieving twat.

LMAO

that is hilarious! i feel sorry that the cops got him in the end. that thieving bastard deserved that treatment.

LOL, that was wild. serious charges though, probally get the owner on terrorist threats also.

Stealing medical marijuana? That's low. I think these guys showed incredible restraint. I would have stomped that dickwad.

"When Canul awoke, he said the men were running out of energy. The yelling and the swearing had died down and then men started talking about ordering a pizza, Canul said. Then he heard a car pull up to the house."

Does anyone else think that is a random detail? yea lets order a pizza because eh well, we just beat the shit out of this kid and threatened to cut him up with a chainsaw....whos hungry?

like omar says tho, its all in the game

Stealing several pounds? Im surprised he didn't end up getting cut into pieces.

Should have just cut off his cock, de-eyeballed him and left him to bleed to death. People like that, thieving cunts.

Shame they didn't HF him in the face and watch his skull melt=D

I would have just took him out to the backroads and had a good ol lynchin. I stole 1 plant before. That's about it, and some killers

After being burgled many years ago, I was determined that if I caught who was responsible, they were going to be given a good kicking, injected with a large dose of a psychedelic & atropine, stripped naked & left in the middle of nowhere, up in the Pennines...

Yes I was really fucking angry about it happening to me

glad to see im not the only one with some atropine stashed just in case...

I wonder what the conviction rate is for people that kidnap and torture their victims and then later let them go? 100%?

Victims that know the full names of the suspects and the address where they can bee found? Brilliance!

Brag about your shit, invite people over, show em what you got, cross your fingers and hope for the best. Sounds like a successful pot business to me. A business that will last a lifetime. 8)

fastandbulbous said:
After being burgled many years ago, I was determined that if I caught who was responsible, they were going to be given a good kicking, injected with a large dose of a psychedelic & atropine, stripped naked & left in the middle of nowhere, up in the Pennines...

Yes I was really fucking angry about it happening to me

remind me not to piss you off ;D.

but honestly, if i had a grow that is of course, and someone stole from me i would fucking kill them.

lol @ `blow?

This is what puzzles me the most.

forced him to call his friends and order them to return the stolen pot

Biggest mistake! Lets get god knows how many other people involved. He really expected his dope to bee returned? hahahaha Would have NEVER happened.

The minute he allowed ONE friend in his home, is the same exact moment he should have folded the losing hand.