Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne club raids

pop-star

Bluelighter
Has anyone seen or heard about melbourne clubs being raided like the clubs up in brisbane? If you have, lets put it on notice so we can avoid this problem!!!

Have you actually heard of this happening in Melbourne or you are just hoping it will?

I'm confused by your putting it on notice ?

i have read previous threads containing information about cops walking through the city with dogs trying to catch users. Im just curious if anyone has ever been in a club and the cops actually raided it with dogs. Im talking about regular clubs, not raves like

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would i hope something like this would happen? Just being cautious thats all.

a) Drugs are ilegal, or did we forget that? taking them to clubs is the risk you take - thus getting done with it is your own fault.

b) cops read this forum, thus would probably know that we are planning to avoid them - thus most likely resulting in bullshit leads on our part.

c) It's really a dumb idea.. .tkae your fuckn drugs at home - where no one is likely to raid you.

yeah i was at a club in south east melb that got raided last year.

walked in got my first drink n my mate tapped me on the shoulder n goes 'walk that way theres dogs behind ya' i was like yeah bullshit mate. Turned round n there was 3 dogs surrounding me. Got done anyways but these were local clubs that aren't notorious for drugs. so watch out they can be anywhere

cheers

i dont think this really has a point.. whenever there is a raid, there is usually a news item posted about it.

Since the infamous raid which cost the cops MILLIONS in compensation (not to mention setting their GLBT relationship back years) the Melbourne cops seem very hesitant to run a large scale raid.

There is however a strong undercover presence in many clubs - I think cops have genuinely realised (at least the ones who deal with it day in day out) that going for the end user isn't going to help, so they're focusing on spotting the dealers in the crowd.

IMHO the visual sight of dogs (in the streets, etc) is more a deterrant to keep users at home - ie off the streets with the 'general public' can see the problem, therefore the politicians can say they're winning the war on drugs.

I'm not saying it hasn't happened in Melbourne, but club raids with sniffer dogs don't seem to be an everyday (or every week) part of Victoria Police's approach to tackling drugs.

If you read through these other recent threads:

Have you seen sniffer dogs in melb??
undercover police with sniffer dogs in melbourne CBD
Information on drug raids
melbourne cbd raided sunday morning 1,30am

I'm still yet to see anything make the news about a genuine club raid in Melbourne, with sniffer dogs, the way they have them in Brisbane and Sydney. Dance parties and music festivals maybe, but everyone in the scene knows which Melbourne clubs are full of drugs every weekend and so do the police, the fact they haven't done much about it suggests you'd be better off keeping an eye on overzealous club bouncers than worrying about dogs.

I have been in clubs in melbourne twice where they have been 'raided' by cops with dogs. Neither in the city, however, one in ringwod and one on a certain island a few hours from melbourne.

Bent Mk2 said:
There is however a strong undercover presence in many clubs - I think cops have genuinely realised (at least the ones who deal with it day in day out) that going for the end user isn't going to help, so they're focusing on spotting the dealers in the crowd.

I dont agree with this statement regarding the busting of end-user's.

Yes, busting end users does not affect the supply of drugs.

However, busting end users provides information and leads on who dealt drugs to the end user - hence giving them a starting point to work their way up the drug chain.

The new police-chief-bitch in queensland said it herself....

How many raids have the done now and how many users caught?...Still no dint in the market. The police can think what they like but its partly there fault Australia now has the highest amphetamine abuse rate in the world. There tactics didn't for years ago and there not going to work now.

bunt said:
However, busting end users provides information and leads on who dealt drugs to the end user - hence giving them a starting point to work their way up the drug chain.

I think you'll often find that in the run-of-the-mill dance (ie drug) club if there's undercovers/plain-clothes they'll definitely be watching people, not to bust end users (unless they're stupidly blantant)...but they'll watch where people go - they'll look for runners, and look to where those runners go. Then they'll follow them outside the venue and bust them.

If cops get heavy handed inside the venue on a regular basis (as opposed to one big raid as happens in Sydney for example, which is more of a PR exercise than anything) the night will pretty much shut down, where as if it can remain popular then cops have constant access to the dealers, and that's where they'll make their progress in getting up the tree.

Busting 20 kids just scares the crowd away, and they need the crowd to get the big guys. And realistically, what can those kids tell them other than they got the pills from some guy in the toilet?