Church

Bluelighter
...In Illinois, anyway.

Taken from http://www.pjstar.com/stories/052606/REG_B9U05SIP.025.shtml:

Governor signs law advocated by Peorians

Friday, May 26, 2006

By Adriana Colindres

OF Copley News Service

SPRINGFIELD - Buying or selling the pure form of a drug known as DXM will be illegal in Illinois under a plan that Gov. Rod Blagojevich signed into law on Thursday.
Greg Frary of Peoria, who with his wife, Linda, had lobbied for the new law, said it was "a real thrill" to learn of the governor's action.

Their son, Jonathan Frary, died in September 2003 from what authorities ruled was an accidental overdose of dextromethorphan hydrobromide. The 22-year-old Illinois State University student, a psychology major, had a particular interest in dream research and apparently thought that DXM would enhance his dreams, Linda Frary told lawmakers earlier this year.

He was able to buy the drug legally on the Internet, according to his parents.

In e-mailed comments Thursday, the Frarys called the newly passed law an important one.

"Our hope is that this will spare other Illinois parents the agony of losing their child to this dangerous drug," they wrote.

They added that they would like to see similar legislation passed either at the federal level or in each of the other 49 states.

Dextromethorphan, or DXM, is an ingredient in some cold and cough medicines. The pure form, a white powder, acts as a hallucinogen.

The new law, which takes effect Jan. 1, 2007, will make possession of the pure form of DXM a Class 4 felony, generally punishable by up to three years in prison. Selling or distributing pure DXM will be a Class 2 felony, generally punishable by up to seven years in prison.

"The idea that kids can go online and easily get their hands on a dangerous drug is appalling," Blagojevich said in a news release. The new law will help to stop that, he added.

The measure sailed through the General Assembly this year as House Bill 4300. No one in the Senate or House voted against it.

Big brother is watching you.

hahaha^^ Yeah fuck the law I doubt that many people will be cauht with the shit.... and most of the kids that are doing dxm are usually drinking sizzurp or taking fucking pills.

Our hope is that this will spare other Illinois parents the agony of losing their child to this dangerous drug..."The idea that kids can go online and easily get their hands on a dangerous drug is appalling

blah blah blah dangerous drug blah blah blah

do these people realize this "dangerous drug" is purchased and used by millions of people every day with little or no problems? 8)

i mean seriously.. all drugs are dangerous when used excessively, including drugs like aspirin. Most people would laugh if you called aspirin a dangerous drug though, just like most would also laugh if they knew that they were talking about cough syrup. and how much you wanna bet aspirin is actually deadlier than cough syrup?

The pure form, a white powder, acts as a hallucinogen

omg a white powder! you know it's bad then! lol just like aspirin 8)

goddamn lol.. and i dont even like dxm.

Figured, it was Illinois. Man I hate this goddamn state with a passion. Our state is rediculous man. We are the first to pass any law involving drugs it seems (And the one that still pisses me off is the law allowing cops at any traffic stop to call in drug dogs.).

frizzantik, everyone knows something white and powderous is dangerous, and obviously evil

pin said:
Figured, it was Illinois. Man I hate this goddamn state with a passion. Our state is rediculous man. We are the first to pass any law involving drugs it seems (And the one that still pisses me off is the law allowing cops at any traffic stop to call in drug dogs.).

I think salvia is still legal here. DXM sucks anyways, it's the dirtiest drug I've ever tried. Plus, couldn't you just throw in some talcum powder to make it 50% DXM so it's not "pure". But yeah, fuck this state, seriously.

Maccas will never be banned, even if the death rate was 25% after every meal.