Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Enlighten - Donation Drive

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
Enlighten needs your help. Your support is always encouraging but support only gets us so far. We have not started a donation drive for a long time, but we feel it is time to now. Enlighten is run by volunteers and this movement and your public voice is not without associated financial costs. If you believe in the cause, and believe in effecting political change then please support us by donating or buying a test kit for yourself or for a friend!

We also need your support to collectively rally all drug users by posting this request on other forums to gather financial support. We are aiming to raise funds to complete the pillreports.com site among other projects which has stalled due to funding constraints.

In an effort to reward the support of our donors, the usernames of those people will be posted in this thread, as well as on our website. Donors may also remain anonymous if they wish.

Thanks, Cowboy Mac.

Last edited:
Just a reminder of some of the good things Enlighten has done for you lately:

I love you Enlighten but I'm very poor. You've done so much I wouldn't even know where to begin. Anyone with some extra coin, please donate =)

I'll buy some pill-test kits and make a donation but I need someone to email me the Direct Debit details to [email protected] because the only email address I have here is my work one, and that aint cool.

Cheers guys.
Keep up the great work. :)

Just bought a kit last week, will try to make a donation when some more funds come in too.

Keep up the good work Enlighten, Cheers!

Everyone dig deep to support enlighten. They do fantastic work and it can be as simple as buying a test kit from them, a must have for everyone :)

Yeh keep up the great work Enlighten :)

Gotta love the test kits but, everyone wins! You get a test kit to avoid damaging yourself, Enlighten get money and the satisfaction of helping all of us out. The way the world should be :D

Just a heads up for kiwi's on this board or lurching, dont forget (your decision of course, but just a choice) to ask for a receipt (if you are employed) so you can claim it back via next tax finan year as donating to an organisation (ird).

I don't know how it works in NZ but in Aus we are NOT a registerd charity and you cannot claim what you give us on your tax.

Yes we really do want to be registered but it is very hard for us to do so, being dedicated to breaking laws and all. But we are working on it.

Oh ok, thanks johnboy! basically I was hoping the kiwis who are on this board, who are financially sorted, to donate to an important cause, but know they can claim back donations, I will ring IRD and query their policies. Also it is great to see EZ testers at the local head shops.

BongoBongo did

Yes, finally put the hand in the pocket and assisted.

Considering the fact that better, more informed "choices" have been made with the information supplied on Bluelight and Pillreports as well as Enlighten, I think it only fair that a little bit was returned.

Imagine attempting to gain information without Bluelight or Pillreports!!!!!!

So think about your past "choices" based on the information provided.:)

well I can't be having a pill tester around my house... so i'll just buy one for a friend :)

Thank you to the few who have donated. Enlighten always needs your donations as we are always working for you. Here is a brief excerpt from the raw Hansard of myappearance at the Ampetamines and Other Stimulant Drugs Inquiry a couple of weeks ago, where I think I was the only person asked back to give evidence again.

Mr Davidson—I know. Remember the model that I mentioned about the psychologists and doctors. You do a questionnaire and they talk to you about your drug use and your state of mental health, whether you are on any other anti-depressants and that type of thing. They sit you down and assess that sort of thing. At the end of it, quite honestly they say, ‘Mixing this drug with SSRIs, which you are currently on, is very dangerous for your mental health. You have just described to me that you had a psychotic break episode two months ago. Do you really think it is a good idea to be taking this drug at this moment in time?’

Senator POLLEY—But these drugs can have an effect with—

Senator FERRIS—If they are addicted to—

Mr Davidson—Excuse me?

Senator FERRIS—If they are addicted to a drug, do you think they are going to go in and say to a counsellor, ‘I had a psychotic episode two months ago, but test this pill’.

Senator POLLEY—Or that they had no psychotic episodes.

Mr Davidson—Excuse me. We are talking about recreational users of MDMA. To use the word ‘addicted’ in that sentence really loses all credibility in this argument. I am sorry. You have to look at the model of non-problematic recreational—

Senator FERRIS—Get real.

Mr Davidson—No, I am sorry, you have to get real with this. The fact that there are non-problematic recreational—

Senator FERRIS—I basically do not have to do anything.

CHAIR—Now, now.

Mr Davidson—You are dismissing my arguments by talking about something completely different. You have asked me here as an expert on a drug that is used recreationally in the majority by non-problematic drug users. I have to speak within those boundaries. To throw up words like ‘addiction’ to dismiss my arguments—come on!

Senator FERRIS—You do not know if they are addicted.

CHAIR—Let us question civilly.

I'll be posting the whole session soon but this should give you a taste of both what we have to deal with, and how Enlighten is standing up to these fools and telling them to STFU if they aren't going to think before they open their mouths.

Buy a kit or just make a donation. Help Enlighten to continue helping you.

Naturally they are probably the sort of people that can only understand drug use within the context of addiction. Frustrating indeed but good work nonetheless.

Donated :)

Hello.

Sorry im a little bit drunk and may very well be a little high at the moment so if this post turns out to be irrelevent then please feel free to do so. Although im a poor apprentice I feel quite willing to donate some money because I feel that this is an important issue with the youth of today. Hopefully when I get my tax back I can shift some aside. It would be easyist for me if I could make a direct deposit and if so can you please post the bank details here (so others can do so as well).

But, another idea I have floating around in my head which may raise some revenue is an automatic deduction. I wouldn't have any problems if Enlighten were to deduct $5 from my account every month and figure that there would be many Bluelighter's that might be willing to part with the cash the same way. It would be a steady, consistant income and the giver wont have to do anything, all the work is done for them. Win win :)

Just an idea, please don't hurt me for my stupid ideas. I went to a public school :(.

Peace static_fly

That is a really good idea. If anyone wants to donate via direct deposit they can do so to here:

Account Name: Enlighten Online
Account Number: 126019629
Bank: Bendigo Bank
BSB: 633-000

As for regular payments I am pretty sure that all internet banking facilities these days let you setup a regular payment. You can just select a checkbox to automatically make the same payment to the same account every week or month or whatever.

Even just a couple of dollars a month from a handful of people would make a difference.

Interesting John's discussion with Senator Polly and Senator Ferris.......!

I am glad that John's belief, hard work and compassion with the subject matter has helped the legislators "expand" their frame of reference to rationalise the discussion further.

Support John in his pursuits as it certainly helps ours.....!!!!!!