Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Clonazepam

GABAlover

Bluelighter
I would be interested to hear other members opinions/experiences with clonazepam (Rivotril, Paxam, Klonopin)

Please state doses used.

try OD. And UTFSE, this question is asked almost daily in there.

I have tried clonazepam on a couple of occaisions but unfortunately cannot remember the exact dosage. I seem to remember they came in quite a small dose per tablet something like 0.5 or 0.25mg each. Anyhow for me 1 tablet had a fairly mild effect but 2 or 3 was more pleasant. Not being a big benzo user they were relatively similar to the other benzos ie valium, zanax etc. The last time I used it was before I had to do some public speaking which usually makes me quite nervous but with these I was calm as.

If you are using them for the first time, as with anything start off with a low dose and see how they effect you before using a little more.

Start low: unlike valium and xanax, clonazepam lasts for ages. Overdo it and you'll be semi-conscious for days.

2mg are the stronger ones I believe.

Clonazepam (Paxam) comes in two strengths - 0.5mg and 2mg. I don't find clonazepam euphoric or a "cool thing to try". I take mine for medical reasons, to make me less anxious/phobic. For someone who hasn't taken in before, start with a very small dose (0.5mg taken at a time when it's ok to go to sleep in case it makes you sleepy). I can now take a 2mg tablet and it will be almost like a lolly. A first time user taking a whole 2mg may well be seeing double, have dilated pupils and be semi-comatose. It's quite sedating unless you take it regularly, but if you take it regularly you need to be aware that it's addictive.

gerrym
New Zealand

I'm very experienced with benzos. I find Rivitril (clonazepam) some of the most enjoyable. If your goal is heavy sedation with amnesia this drug certainly helps your cause. I usually combine it with other downers mainly Heroin or oxycontin. I think the tab's I take were 2mg tablets. I would take up to 10 or so tablets before using opiates to add to the sedation. Rivitril I find has more amnesia attached to it than most other benzos with maybe the exception of Flunitrazepam (Rohypnol)

[EDIT: Threads merged, next time do a search before starting a new thread, see the second post in this thread. hoptis]

Have just come into two packets of this drugs this arvo, has anyone had experience with either recreational or theraputic i would be very interested to know. they are orange and doubled scored 0.5mg round tablets

in my mims it falls under anticonvulsants, with the usual perc. abrupt withdrawal, myashisis gravis , phycosis, addiction prone etc.

anyway any ideas anyone?? cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry hoptis is was just being lazy8) thanks for megering the thread, any way i'll start with 1mg.

All benzo's have anticonvulsant properties, just like they all have anxiolytic properties. Whether they are one or the other really comes down to marketing which makes the decision based on their potency and their half life.

Clonazepam is marketed as an anticonvulsant because it is one of the strongest benzo's up there with xanax (alprazolam) and it has a long half life of about 30 hrs. As a rough guide 1 mg of Clonazepam is equal to about 10mg of diazepam.

If you compare alprazolam half life of 6 hours to Clonazepam's 30 you can see why alprazolam is marketed as an anxiolytic. It's fast onset and short half life make it rather non sedating when compared to other benzo's and in theory good for a panic attack. Clonazepam is also potent but it's long half life makes it good for stopping spasms.

At the end of the day all Benzo's in high doses are going to sedate you and give you memory loss to boot. You also develop a tolerance to them...and pretty quickly so what might knock one person out another may not even feel.

A good website about all the different benzo's:

www.benzo.org.uk

Last edited:
Had a huge weekend with my friends, i'm on 0.5mg Clonazepam for muscle relaxation. i can usually take 4-5 and i'm sweet. my two mates took 18 each over a 15 hour period starting at 8.30am as they couldnt sleep, one of them was awake but dreaming mumbling a whole lot of crap but could still have a conversation with me, the other snored his head off. i left the house went to see a movie and grab some food got home at 8.30 that nite they were still in my bed, took a few more stopped at 18, they felt smacked out as if they were on heroin.

^^^^^^

That is 9mg of a very powerful benzo, which is a lot for someone that is not used to it. There are tonnes of threads here where people talk of taking even larger doses, many of those people are quite tolerant and often addicted to them.

I don't know what you guys were on but I have found that less can sometimes be more for getting sleep, take alot and you can easily wind up like one of your friends did kinda mashed and in limbo.

Follow SeveredPyche advice start low. Be aware that all benzo's are not equal, 1mg of clonazepam is equal to roughly 10mg of diazepam. Something alot of doctors even fail to grasp. In my experience they seem more than happy to prescribe me 1 or 2mg clonazepam but not 10 Mg Diazepam...go figure.

It is also important to remember that if mixing Benzo's with other drugs you need to use extreme caution...especially if any other CNS depressants are involved. Just because they are prescription drugs does not make them any safe.

Unlike K for example Benzo's can seriously depress your respiratory system.

If someone has had alot of alcohol or even a small amount of GHB/14b a dose like that could almost certainly result in a serious medical emergency.

Sorry if this post sounds preachy. I don't want to be a kill joy, just saying be aware and be informed. Take the time to read up how they work and their interactions. It is worth noting that while they work quickly it can take up to an hour for them to reach their maximum concentration in your blood so the effects can sneak up on you.

Taking that all into account IMO benzo's can be great for making a hard weekend land nice and softly. I've also had a bit of fun with them in LOW doses with a few beers (take it slow or you'll get totally shattered) and paradoxically found that this combo can even make you pretty chatty and energetic. Good old alprazolam (xanax) is probably the best, clonzaepam might be a bit to sedating. Great for talking utter crap with your friends and visiting planet memory loss.

That www.benzo.org.uk is well worth the read. A lot of info about the various benzo & their drug profiles, medical uses and also tapered withdrawal schedules.

Last edited:
yah got 100 mg in the mail made me break my friends nose and end up psychotic somehow and i had to have people tell me afterwards.

hmmph i cant handle my benzos anymore

AlexxRed said:
^^^^^^^
Was that a once off? Or were you taking it daily?

well i finished it and drank and smoked with it

so i guess it must have been over a week at the least otherwise id be pretty dead

AlexxRed said:
^^^^^^^
Was that a once off? Or were you taking it daily?

well i finished it and drank and smoked with it

so i guess it must have been over a week at the least otherwise id be pretty dead lol