Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb - Pharmacy Fri 26th May @ Metro - REVIEWS

nursey

Bluelighter
Is anyone other than Hijinx, doof_kittie and myself going? Gaz West is playing and I've only ever seen him back home once and he's fucking kick-arse, as is Steve Hill, who owns the dubious pleasure of once calling robertrollie his girlfriend for a night...!

The line up is:

MAIN ROOM TRANSMISSON: MAGIC CITY
10:00-11:00 BEN KAKOSCHKE
11:00-12:00 MASTER KAOS vs. SOUL T
12:00-01:30 RANDY KATANA (HOLLAND)
01:30-03:00 MARK SHERRY (UK - Public Domain)
03:00-04:30 HELLRAISER
04:30-06:00 ZANY (HOLLAND)
06:00-07:00 DARK BY DESIGN [LIVE] (UK)
07:00-Close STEVE HILL (UK, now based in Sydney)

GODS BAR: PHD
12:00-02:00 TELEMEKIS vs. JFX1 - X-STATIK vs. GANJAGURU
02:00-03:00 KARPE DM vs FUSION
03:00-04:00 DJ NITROUZ [nsw]
04:00-05:00 NFX [live]
05:00-06:00 LCK
06:00-Close OTEK

BOURKE ST BAR: BACK2MINE
11:00-12:00 RUCKUS
12:00-01:00 DR WILLIS
01:00-02:00 DAVE PHAM
02:00-03:00 JOSH ABRAHAMS
03:00-04:00 OSYRIS
04:00-05:00 BREWSTER B
05:00-06:00 AGENT86
06:00-Close KID SUICIDE & ELYSIUM

Date: Fri 26th May, 2006
Time: 10:00 pm
Venue: Metro Nightclub
City: Melbourne
Cost: EB - $29+ BF / Std - $39 + BF
Tickets: inthemix, www.hardwarecorp.com.au, ticketek and usual outlets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks - I'm somewhat crap and it's been a looooooooooooong time since I posted on Bluelight and the first ever time i've started a thread in the Oz sections!

Huzzah! We'll be in the highly *cough* tasteful lime green Hello Kitty outfits - if you want to meet up we can arrage a time/place if you like :)

I think I might actually come to this to see Abrahams, Brewster & Pham & Hellraiser :)... Anyone else?

ah what can i say DJ ZANY, DARK BY DESIGN woo hoo not missing them for anyone or anything :)

Righty ho, for those who want to meet up with us, we'll be in the main room by the booths on the left as you go in at 2am. There will be three of us wearing lime green Hello Kitty dresses with bright pink gators and fluffy ears. Hopefully so tasteless that no one can miss us!

Back to the good ol' days. I love Pharmacy! Got my tickets this morning, so I'm happy

Can't wait to see the dresses in person, Nursey :)

nursey said:
Righty ho, for those who want to meet up with us, we'll be in the main room by the booths on the left as you go in at 2am. There will be three of us wearing lime green Hello Kitty dresses with bright pink gators and fluffy ears. Hopefully so tasteless that no one can miss us!

Yeah, I saw you, only two of ya's though. You stood out heaps. Good shit. :)
what happened to the third?

the rabbi said:
ah what can i say DJ ZANY, DARK BY DESIGN woo hoo not missing them for anyone or anything :)

I didnt think much of dj zany. Thought he could of done better.

We had a great time, we waited at the meet up point and no one turned up, but never mind. I had an absolutely great time. I thought the middle of the night inc. DJ Zany was a bit dull, but Gaz West and Steve Hill rocked my world - I danced until I hurt! Glad people liked the outfits, they were so much fun to wear :)

=d

I had the absolute best night!!!!

I thought it was going to be pretty trancey and cruisy, given the last few Pharmacys I've been too lately, but this was like the old days, but better! You couldn't keep the smile off my face all night =D

Hellraiser was back in fine form, which was awesome to hear. Dark by Design and Steve Hill were fucking awesome - I've never danced so much in my life! I was so sore yesterday. And I managed to convence a friend to stay for The Second Trip, as he was going to leave early, and he was so glad he stayed, becuase it rocked!!! And there was a lot of dancing space, so it is was ever too crowded at one spot you only had to wonder off and find a better spot.

And of course, the kitties looked lovely as always :)

You did have the biggest of big cheesy grins on your face all night - it was awesome to see! I'm sore from dancing too - but only my right calf and left quads, I'll have to learn to wiggle backwards or something ;)

Pharmacy clip, from motorola 3vx mobile phone.wmv

One of those boring saturdays for me, nuthen to do. So I'm doing this.

Think it was near the end of the night. Didnt realize that the video would be that good through my mobile. Next rave I go to, I might record more video and maybe post it up on bluelight. and I'll be sure to stay away from any obstructions. (Like that thick pole)

Last edited:
I ended up attending this event, was sort've a last minute thing. But yeah, the last Pharmacy i attended was in 04' so it had been a while, but i enjoyed this night....which is great considering i went their sober, and that i'm nowhere near as enthusiastic about hard dance/trance as i once was. But yeah, i went for Randy Katana and he was unreal....steve hill was not bad, Hellraiser puts on a great show everytime even though i don't really like what he plays, and Zany was alright, unfortunately i was tired and left half way through his set. Oh yeah, big props to the bangers & mash room.....everytime the main room got too much I headed in there for some cruisy broken beats.

But yeah, Metro wasn't too packed either which was a pleasant change. It seems that this event received good reviews from most who attended, i think what made it so special was the fact this was a Transmission event (the first in vic) inconjunction with Pharmacy :)