Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

3aw radio station (693aw)

technix

Bluelighter
3aw is melb's and australia's most popular radio station...
does anyone actually listen to this?? mainly Neil Mitchell from 8:30am to 12pm? in melb
I called up today after the politician (Chris Pyne) rang about banning bongs/making laws tougher for marijuana and basically said theres no proof that hardening laws for drugs reduce the use, but theres evidence to the contrary..
everyone might think what a commercial station, but Neil Mitchell actually agreed with some of what I had to say about strengthing drug laws.
It is a small start but if people like Neil understand what we're on about maybe other people will listen?

Just which part did Neil Mitchell agree with you about? If you do a search for his name and show the results by posts in this forum you'll see he has a bit of history here, especially in regards to pill testing.

I was nervous as hell while talking to him and couldn't think rationally..
He said something like "It's all apart of a big conspiracy - the drug lords are paying the govn etc" and i relpied to that "well if it were legal that would not happen" and he replied, "true". I started out saying that making drugs laws harder do not slow down the usage of people, but in fact makes the problem worse. which he basically agreed with.

When the government is conservative, talk back radio gets a bit bi-polar. They flip between outrage at moral issues and their need to stand up for the little guy in the face of government opression. This can be useful when you turn the debate around on them.