Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DXM in australia

Portillo

Bluelighter
Hi. I was wondering if its true that you can buy cough syrup with dxm in it?

Sorry i didnt mean to say dmt. And also is it safe to get high off cough syrup?

Its not completely safe to get high off anything, some cough syrups can be very dangerous to consume in high doses though.

This topic has been covered numerous times before if you search this forum.

Yeah its pretty safe. Robotussin DX is the brand name. its sold at chemists for about 12 bux.

Before rushing into putting any substance into your body you need to be fully aware of it's effects, dosage rates and any contraindications. As with all substance use you need to be fully informed of every aspect of it's use before even considering taking it.

Have a look at this link and familirise yourself with the substance you ask of. THE DEXTROMETHORPHAN FAQ

mista - This is a harm reduction/minimisation site, so lets try and ensure that the information we provide is of that nature.

lil angel....ooooooh moderater wannabe......yeahhhh

put it this way robotussin DX is made to australian standards in sterile labs....so at least you know what your putting into your body....unlike bikkies and whizz or anything else for that matter

no dont go there ... go to www.dextroverse.org

^^^

It has nothing to do with wanting to be a moderator. It has to do with harm minimisation which is what this site is all about.

I think it is nice that Robo DX is made in sterile labs as you say but that has very little do to with ensuring that someone uses it safely. A person using it for the first time needs to know things like possible enzyme deficiency, dosage rates for their body size, that DXM should never be taken while on medications such as MAOIs and SSRIs and any other contraindications. These are just some of the factors that need to be considered.

BTW, thanks for the dextroverse link. I had a quick look at it and it will make a good addition to my collection.

mista_200 said:
lil angel....ooooooh moderater wannabe......yeahhhh

put it this way robotussin DX is made to australian standards in sterile labs....so at least you know what your putting into your body....unlike bikkies and whizz or anything else for that matter

no dont go there ... go to www.dextroverse.org

Just because something is pharmaceutical grade and quality-controlled doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't come with any dangers. For instance, Oxycodone is always manafactured by pharmaceutical companies, but heaps of people still overdose from it.
Alcohol is quality-controlled and look at how many people overdose from it.

Dextromethorphan is very far from safe. There are contraindications with DXM and many different prescriptions, SSRI's included.
Alot of people are prescribed an SSRI of some sort and if they decide to dose on DXM not knowing this, they can suffer from 'seratonin syndrome' which is known to be deadly. That's not my idea of safe.

Also, there is a particular type of DXM containing cough syrup which has corriciden (sp?) in it, which in the high doses it requires to experience a DXM 'trip', could quite easily kill you.

A thread that will show you how dangerous it can be: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=252503

Be extremely careful of the misinformation you leak on the internet. It could very well take someone's life next time.

Cool, thanks for all the great answers. Come to think of it i was after dmt, thats a trip type drug yes? One were ppl see aliens and stuff??? That was the one i was after. But dxm is the cough syrup one.

^^ Whats your definition of a trip type drug?!

BTW... the search engine is there you know!! :)

DXM is great fun. Read up on it before you do it though. Robitussin DX is probably your best bet. Be careful. Not all cough syrup has DXM in it. Bascially you are after syrup with DXM being the ONLY active ingredient. Any other actives mixed in with DXM are bad news. Some of them can make you really sick.

Portillo said:
Cool, thanks for all the great answers. Come to think of it i was after dmt, thats a trip type drug yes? One were ppl see aliens and stuff??? That was the one i was after. But dxm is the cough syrup one.

if you arent familiar with other psychedelics then DMT should not be first on your list to try. spend some time reading about it on erowid (follow their links to some other good sites) and test drive some shrooms and acid in the meantime.

Sorry about my english. The only 'trip type drug' ive tried is salvia 5x, although i havent gone right into the trip yet. It feels too weird and its like someone is telling me to pick something up from the floor or something really weird.

potillo you seriously have no idea!!!!!!!!

DXM will give you the most hardcore visuals and hallucinations you will ever want! You just have no idea.. DMT is different make from plant extracts....do yourself a favour ....go to a chemist buy some ROBotussin DX ....actually 2 bottles... then go online and research your dosage and make sure u dont have ne amphetamines in your body 24 hours b4 or after.. study the effects...

dxm is the most powerful hallucinogen ever! way more powerful than lsd

^^

I would dispute that. I've done both drugs quite a few times and would have to add that DMT is alot more powerful visually then DXM. They are in totally different leagues. DXM visuals are ok. They are 2D in nature and remind me of one of those classic PC games. Rather square box-like geometric shapes are common too. I know its all really subjective, but DMT visuals are a massive psychological and physical onslaught of manifested colour, sight and sound. They dont last as long as DXM visuals but the intensity is greater.

candyraverp said:
potillo you seriously have no idea!!!!!!!!

DXM will give you the most hardcore visuals and hallucinations you will ever want! You just have no idea.. DMT is different make from plant extracts....do yourself a favour ....go to a chemist buy some ROBotussin DX ....actually 2 bottles... then go online and research your dosage and make sure u dont have ne amphetamines in your body 24 hours b4 or after.. study the effects...

dxm is the most powerful hallucinogen ever! way more powerful than lsd

Its my first time but ive been doing drugs for ages. Ive tripped on 2cb and mdma heaps of times, crazy closed eye visuals. And im a psychonaut aswell. Thanks for the help though, i had no idea what dxm was.

endlesseulogy said:
DMT visuals are a massive psychological and physical onslaught of manifested colour, sight and sound.

I could never describe it until this :D

Ok i bought a bottle of robitussin dx and drank the whole thing. It felt ok. It reminded alot of 2cb and that warm feeling you get inside. The room didnt change and i didnt have any open eye visuals. This morning i feel kinda positive.