Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[sydney] "360"-hordern Pavillion (15/04) - REVIEWS

bengalaas

Bluelighter
anybody else up for this besides me? just looking at the map gets me all excited.. DODGEMS wtf. oh and PENDULUM are playing too. SWEET!!!!11 a hefty $79 dollars though - i reckon it'll be worth it this year though. for those of you who have never heard of 360:

Where: Hordern Pavillion
When: Saturday April 15th 8pm-5am
Tickets: $79+bf from fuzzy, ticketek and inthemix

http://www.fuzzy.com.au/coming_up.asp?eventId=89

360 is the forward thinking party with a diverse line up of international DJs and live acts from all corners of the globe. From cutting edge talent to big name party smashers, we’ve got it all! Over the last two years 360 has presented some huge names in dance music and introduced new and amazing sounds to ecstatic ears, and this year will be no exception.

Surround yourself with the best of dance music in Sydney’s biggest all-night venue, the Hordern, plus a second stage in beautiful historic building The Dome, originally home to BDO’s Boiler Room, countless Mardi Gras parties and many other memorable events. Seize this rare opportunity to see a festival sized line up at one huge nighttime event in the heart of the city.

With devastating sound systems, awesome visuals and huge dance floors with enough space to really go off, for an all-round good time come to 360.

HORDERN
This year’s 360 will see The Hordern Pavilion turned into the ultimate party environment: A truly devastating, crystal clear sound system and no sound restrictions - so you can enjoy it at its full potential, a dance floor that can comfortably hold 5,000 people, a huge, custom designed, souped up, pimped-to-the-max lighting rig flying in the Hordern’s majestic upper reaches, teamed with unique themed decoration and breathtaking visuals on a massive screen. Walk in – be blown away!

THE DOME
Draped in red curtains, with chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and a 360 degree rotating stage - The Dome is an exciting addition to Easter’s biggest dance party. A legendary venue that you probably haven’t experienced in dance party mode – and which nobody’s seen transformed as it will be for 360! The Dome also boasts a courtyard bar and outdoor seating area, the perfect place to relax and take a breather from the two main dance areas. THE CHILLOUT LOUNGE
This new grassy area will be showcasing some of Sydney’s new and undiscovered talent, including the winner of the FBi DJ comp – it could be you! Grab a drink and soak up the relaxed atmosphere on the lawn.

BOARDWALK BAZAAR
Follow the red carpet road from The Hordern to The Dome along the Boardwalk Bazaar. Grab some food, browse the markets, get a massage or find out your fortune while you are entertained by freaky and astonishing performers.

FORECOURT
Dodgems! That’s right; we are taking over the forecourt and bringing in everyone’s favourite festival road-rage riot – Dodgem Cars. Add a massive bar and plenty of seating and you have another great spot to chill out and chat to your friends – or ram them mercilessly up the rear, ahem.

THE ALL NIGHT MUSIC FESTIVAL:
• WEATHER PROOF!
• LOUD: NO SOUND RESTRICTIONS!

ACTS

FELIX DA HOUSECAT
Trailblazing the electro-house sound his influential album ‘Kittenz and Thee Glitz’ spawned a synth club revival, followed by the post punk nu-wave edged ‘Devin Dazzle and The Neon Fever’. Take an exhilarating ‘Rocket Ride’ through the mind of this Grammy-nominated feline and his odes to excess.

AUDIO BULLYS
One of the UK’s hottest acts right now for their unique British hybrid of house, garage and hip hop with Sarf London stories, as heard on new album ‘Generation’ and predecessor ‘Ego War’. Hits include ‘We Don’t Care’, ‘The Things’ and ‘Way Too Long’ and they famously sampled Nancy Sinatra for the hit ‘Shot You Down’. Splintering basslines, crisp beats and swaggering vocals will make for a dramatic show.

TOM NOVY
Underground, overground, it’s all good for this German house producer who straddles feel-good house and twisted break-house sounds in his career with no concern. He’s created monster hits aplenty: ‘Your Body’, ‘Superstar’ and new number ‘Take It’ featuring Lima on vocals, plus his mix of Sander Kleinenberg’s ‘Fruit’ all set clubland alight. Anticipate jackin’ electro-tech house peppered with big choons.

A-SKILLZ
The Skillz this man possesses are in evidence on the ‘Tricka Technology’ album he co-produced with the infamous Krafty Kuts, which generated the massive singalong singles ‘Gimme The Breaks’, ‘Peaches’ ‘Simple Things’, ‘Roll Over Baby’ and more. A turntable trickster and bootleg battler who has proved himself with blinding sets at Parklife and Harbourlife, he throws together funky raps, disco basslines and kick-ass party grooves, and always has some special surprises up his sleeve.

THE LOOSE CANNONS - DJ set
Anyone who has seen these guys perform would know this must be the most aptly-named group on the planet. Unrestrained energy and wild moves from the flamboyant creators of club hits ‘Superstars’, ‘Got It All Wrong’ and ‘I Like It When Ya’. Pop frenzies are shredded over breaks bombs with shards of disco-grunge - who can tell if this is dance music or rock n roll? Hedonism at its most enthralling.

20:20 SOUNDSYSTEM - Feat RALPH LAWSON, SILVER CITY & DUBBLE D - live
The 20;20 house label have reinvented themselves as right now’s hottest electro-house label. Ralph Lawson’s brainchild sees him at the band’s helm providing beats, loops and fx, with bass and keys courtesy of stars in their own right Silver City and drums by Danny ‘Dubble D’ Ward. Combining the adrenalin of a live show with the flow of a club set to make musical magic, all systems GO!

STACEY PULLEN
Seduced by the underground at an early age, Stacey started out his musical career on remix projects with Derrick May and Kevin Saunderson - not a bad way to earn your stripes! His debut album was the poetically named ‘Today Is The Tomorrow You Were Promised Yesterday’ and he runs his own label Black Flag. No slave to genres, he says ‘I just play from the heart and I don’t categorise it. It’s house, techno, broken beat or whatever’ mixed together with blazing musical chemistry.

BUGZ IN THE ATTIC
Spearheading the ‘Broken Beat’ soundwave, this smart West London collective make strength in numbers work in their favour, with their own label Bitasweet Records, quality remixes, a Fabric CD and a Lifestyles compilation under their belt. The band work from a shared common goal: to create and promote contemporary electronic afrodisiac soul. Oh yeah!

PENDULUM feat MC J RIPPA
Last year this Aussie outfit released their debut album ’Hold Your Colour’ on Adam F’s Breakbeat Kaos label, which quickly became Triple J’s Album of the Week. They’ve created a hybrid mix of drum ’n’ bass, nu-skool breaks and classic rave, keeping their underground roots while crossing over with singles like ’Slam’ and ’Another World’. They also joined the breaks boys at their own game, hooking up with Freestylers to pen the mighty anthem ‘Fasten Your Seatbelt’. Fast and furious but boasting big hooks and melodies, prepare to take your fancy footwork to the next level with DJ Anscenic at the helm.

UBERZONE - live
For years the ‘zone has spawned the biggest baddest basslines to emanate from the nu-skool scene, and that’s saying something! A slew of successful 12’s on TCR and City of Angels - ‘The Freaks’, ‘Bounce’ and the gargantuan Rennie Pilgrem collaboration ‘Black Widow’- plus a Y4K album have earned Uberzone a stellar reputation. Crisp science fiction breaks coupled with danger-zone low frequencies mean this live show is gonna rock, rumble and roar.

edit: I put the essentials in up the top for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi bengalaas,

Could you please go back into the fuzzy url and paste all the information in your first post? Posting just a url is not acceptable as all information should be included in the first post. Obviouslly it will be a bitch to type it all out cause its a moving advertisement but i figure cause you started the thread you should be able to handle it ;)

Cheers.

Hey bengalass I added the 'essentials' in the top of the original post for you :)

I would LOVE to be going to this cos I LOVE Pendulum, the Hordern is only a walk down the street from home and they look like they have gone all out for it this year. But money is always a factor...and I'm lacking it. Who wants to buy me a ticket!

Sounds great! I'll be there rocking out to Pendulum, Felix, and Uberzone, plus the rest. Does anyone know the set times?

PLAYING TIMES*
Hordern
8.00 - 8.45 John Glover
8.45 - 9.30 Trix & Goodfella
9.30 - 10.30 A Skillz
10.30 - 11.30 20:20 Soundsystem
11.30 - 1.00 Tom Novy
1.00 - 2.30 Audio Bullys
2.30 - 4.00 Felix Da Housecat
4.00 - 5.00 Ajax & Jonathan Wall:
Field Day Rematch!

Dome
8.00 - 9.00 Mo Funk
9.00 - 10.00 Q45
10.00 - 11.30 Bugz in the Attic
11.30 - 12.30 Uberzone Live
12.30 - 2.00 Stacey Pullen
2.00 - 3.00 Loose Cannons
3.00 - 4.00 Kid Kenobi & MC Shureshock
4.00 - 5.00 Pendulum

Courtyard Chillout
9.00 - 10.30 FBi Winner
10.30 - 12.00 Mark Pritchard
12.00 - 4.00 2 Swing

*All playing times are approximate

wtf?!?! pendulum from 4-5am. so glad i didnt buy a ticket now.

[QUOTE='lil leecie]wtf?!?! pendulum from 4-5am. so glad i didnt buy a ticket now.[/QUOTE]

So am I. ;)

Man, that is a fucking ace lineup!

Felix Da Housecat AND Bugz in the Attic?

Mmmmmmmmmm.... nice, but 80 bucks is steep!

I doubt it very very much Fred. I havent been to a single Fuzzy event in 6 years that was all ages. Its a gamble if you're underage too cos sometimes they dont check IDs and other times you get the third degree.

it is an all age event. you just need to produce photo ID if you want to buy drinks. oh and whats wrong with pendulum playing at 4am? i think they'd be an awesome end to a great night! :D

Last edited:
bengalaas said:
it is an all age event. you just need to produce photo ID if you want to buy drinks. oh and whats wrong with pendulum playing at 4am? i think they'd be an awesome end to a great night! :D

I somehow doubt Fuzzy events are all ages. They'd have a considerably larger police presence if they were.

The problem with 4am is most people are coming down, worn out and miserable by then. Thankfully I've grown accustomed to the multi-dayer.

i just checked ticketek and its 18+

and pendulum totally needs more than an hour

strange. my ticket reads..

"All Ages. Photo ID required for alcohol consumption. Dangerous activities will not be tolerated"

Yeh I was pretty confident in it not being an all ages event. Oh well.

[QUOTE='lil leecie]i just checked ticketek and its 18+[/QUOTE]
You sure that isn't a ticketek policy, rather than the event's?