Votes: 21 19.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 43 40.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 32 29.9%

• Total voters

axl blaze

Bluelighter
it appears the first trailers of this movie are on the television. for the unknowing, V for Vendetta was a comic created by (arguably the best comic writer) Alan Moore and it depicts a totalatarian British government not unlike 1984. one man stands up against the dictatorship and he/it is V - a revolutionist who wears a funny looking white mask that is equally versed in Shakespeare and guerilla warfare style anarchy.

due to the bombings of London's subways this movie was pushed back a couple months. due to the recent value of comic-to-movie movies lately I am trying to keep my hopes for this flick modest...

i saw the commercial during the little bit of the superbowl i watched, looked pretty neat.

I can't wait for this.

Alan Moore is a fucking legend in my eyes.

I just hope that the studio has the bollocks to release it uncut, & doesn't shy away from the themes present in the story. The Western world needs a film like this right now - it's timing couldn't be any more apt.

the trailer certainly grabbed my attention. maybe this one will be worth going to the theaters for?

excellent hype for the movie by debuting the trailer during the super bowl, looks like the studio really wants this to make a splash

i am eagerly awaiting the release

PinholeStar said:
... Alan Moore is a fucking legend in my eyes...

I very much agree with you on this statement. if the movie turns out to be actually alright, I will be even more pumped to see Moore's Watchmen whenever it comes out. it's been pushed back so many dates I am starting to doubt that, though.

I reccomend to check out the V for Vendetta graphic novel, the artwork is pristine and the way it is written affects me like no other actual book I've read. it's like the anarchist's cookbook for comic's =D

I have just realised I have the 'collected books' of V for Vendetta. I have no idea why I haven't read it though. I think I need to go into a corner and have a word with myself...

AxL BLaZe said:
I very much agree with you on this statement. if the movie turns out to be actually alright, I will be even more pumped to see Moore's Watchmen whenever it comes out. it's been pushed back so many dates I am starting to doubt that, though.

I reccomend to check out the V for Vendetta graphic novel, the artwork is pristine and the way it is written affects me like no other actual book I've read. it's like the anarchist's cookbook for comic's =D

News of the film has prompted me to go back & read it again. It's so, so good. Your description of the artwork as "pristine" is spot on. A timeless work.

The problem with Watchmen though I think, is that it would be very, very easy to completely fuck it up, & totally squander what is, in my opinion, one of the greatest pieces of source material that comics & graphic novels have to offer. We shall see.

I've gotta say though that the trailers for V look great - it seems as if they've managed to get the look & tone of it exactly right. Let's hope the end product lives up to its promise!

I think that the problem with adapting Watchmen to film would be that everything about the book is so 1980's. everything from the look and feel, background info, and especially costumes looks so cheesy 80's. take for example, Nite Owl's costume. remember how blocky and goofy it was?

and since I am becoming horribly off-topic, here is how the revolutionist/anarchist V looks:

1852862912.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I absolutely love both V and Watchmen. I'm not confident about either of them being adapted for film (how many good comic adaptations have there been? Batman maybe?).

I'm a bit more confident about V, because it's got a more straightforward narrative, seems like it would be easier to film. And because the Wachowski Brothers are involved.

^^
I thought Sin City was exceptional, the spiderman adaptations have been good, and that Hellboy and the fantastic four were passable.

The Xmen movies, most of the batman movies, LOEG, and the superman movies have been terrible.

Still, thats a pretty good ratio. Directors and producers recognise that a good comic book can make a good movie, and still be a cash cow, if they do a good job, and stay faithful to the source material.

cant wait,alan moore had a big influence on me in my teenage years,especially V,lets hope they dont fuck it up.

Sorry folks :(

Alan Moore, co-creator of the "V For Vendetta" comic, has publicly disassociated himself from the upcoming Warner Brothers movie project based on the comic book and written and produced by the Wachowski Brothers. And as a result, he has cut his remaining ties with DC Comics, including future volumes of the "League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen."

and

Alan On The "V For Vendetta" Movie

Alan gave some details about bits of the V For Vendetta shooting script he'd seen. "It was imbecilic; it had plot holes you couldn't have got away with in Whizzer And Chips in the nineteen sixties. Plot holes no one had noticed."

What Moore found most laughable however were the details. "They don't know what British people have for breakfast, they couldn't be bothered. 'Eggy in a basket' apparently. Now the US have 'eggs in a basket,' whish is fried bread with a fried egg in a hole in the middle. I guess they thought we must eat that as well, and thought 'eggy in a basket' was a quaint and Olde Worlde version. And they decided that the British postal service is called Fedco. They'll have thought something like, 'well, what's a British version of FedEx... how about FedCo? A friend of mine had to point out to them that the Fed, in FedEx comes from 'Federal Express.' America is a federal republic, Britain is not."

see http://comicbookresources.com/columns/index.cgi?column=litg&article=2153

^ yeah it's been obvious knowledge that Alan Moore has put himself as far away from the V adaption as possible.

atlas: man, you didn't like the X-men movies? I thought they were fun and accurate.

X-Men movies were awesome IMO. So far, i think those have been the best comic-to-movie films made. I cant wait for this flick though, i too saw it during the superbowl. Im not familiar with the comic at all, but the previews made this movie look interesting to say the least.

i think as far as comic adaptations go the x men movies were very good, spider man was alright, the new batman and the original burton batman were great, from hell and sin city were awesome... but pretty much everything else has been fairly shitty

JerryBlunted said:
excellent hype for the movie by debuting the trailer during the super bowl
Am I the only one here who saw this trailer weeks, maybe months ago?? I caught a trailer on Access Hollywood a while ago, and also maybe during a movie preview or something.. I forget, but I saw it long before the Superbowl.

Regardless, I've been wanting to see it since I first heard of it. Looks pretty wicked.