Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How many of you are actually NORMAL?

zephyr

Ex-Bluelighter
Do you think you are normal? What is normal anyway?

NORMAL:
adj 1: conforming with or constituting a norm or standard or level or type or social norm; not abnormal; "serve wine at normal room temperature"; "normal diplomatic relations"; "normal working hours"; "normal word order"; "normal curiosity"; "the normal course of events" [ant: abnormal] 2: in accordance with scientific laws [ant: paranormal] 3: being approximately average or within certain limits in e.g. intelligence and development; "a perfectly normal child"; "of normal intelligence"; "the most normal person I've ever met" [ant: abnormal] 4: forming a right angle n : something regarded as a normative example; "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors" [syn: convention, pattern, rule, formula]

Is being "normal" kinda boring and dull or is being called "normal" another way of saying you fit into a socially acceptable mould, you're a little plain but youll fit in and not "rock the boat"?

Whats wrong with being a little different anyway?

all i can say is 'normal' is boring, to me anyway
ill never be normal so why bother with the stress of trying to be normal - and i never tend to get on with 'normal' ppl, they get on my nerves :p

Sometimes people who try really hard not to be normal just end up the same as everyone else. I don't even really know what normal is, in all honesty. I guess I'm pretty normal on most levels. At least, I don't go out of my way to be weird.

I've had people say to me, 'um, you can be really fucking strange' but it doesn't happen that often.

I've only met a couple of truly weird people in my time. Barring the ones who have a mental disability they were nearly all bluelighters... one in a pink nightie comes to mind... ;)

**raises hand**

`fraid the above description fits me to a tee, as normal as they get and I like it that way:)

I'd say I'm fairly normal. I'd also say that most people are normal.

These people are also NORML

Last edited:
^ hahahahahahahahaha

best first post ever!!!!!!

yeah i'm with UAN, i'm a bit 50/50 with the whole normality thing.

i'm probably normal in the sense of the people i hang around with and stuff....i think normal is subjective, and has to be contextualised with who you are.

like what is normal for a student would be vastly different to what is normal for a CEO (i imagine, having only ever having been one of those two things ;))

meh, i don't think i'm vastly abnormal - but i know people who would disagree with that statement.

but i hate people so bent on not conforming that they lose just as much of their sense of identity as the people who insist on conforming.

yeah, i concur.
try-hard conformists are almost as bad as try-hard nonconformists.

there exists a subtle mix of apathy and contempt that makes me very special and not normal or abnormal.

Three inch heels said:
I'm about as normal as anal penetration
... but really, isn't that normal? Who hasn't tried it?

I was about to say that I have led a pretty normal life. But after reading the definition, I am far from normal.

I think I'm relatively normal. I've never really thought about it.

But as for trying to be normal, ugh no way. Thankfully I left that back in high school.

I believe the characters on neighbours are "normal" thats why I watch the show, to keep in touch with the normal people :D

Is anyone normal?

who determines what normal is?

What someone in this world considers weird may be totally normal in another world.

what someone in this country thinks is weird...........may be totally normal in another country.

normal in this city may be weird to another city.

normal in my house may be weird in another.

I think we all have parts of us that are normal and parts that are not normal.

In the end who really cares.......... we are all ourselves.

I am the most normal me that the world has ever seen.

zephyr said:
2: in accordance with scientific laws [ant: paranormal]

Yup, Newton's laws, v=d/t... big fan ;)

Whats wrong with being a little different anyway?

Agreed, but what's wrong with being the same? I think sometimes people see conformism when actually you just happen to like the same stuff as everyone else.

I think I'd say I'm 'normal', but still individual.

Normal is a Contradictory word, established by society to make everyone feel inadequate.

that is all

hee hee, lol, *snicker*

Srylsy, the only nomal people are the ones you dont know very well.

I don't really know if I'm normal or not and I don't particuarly care to be perfectly honest. I've always done my own thing anyway.

m4dd0g said:
Srylsy, the only nomal people are the ones you dont know very well.
Well put. When you only see a small amount of someone, it's very easy to slot them neatly into a category based on what they have shown you of themselves. A lot of people will be careful about exposing their eccentricities until they have a chance to suss out the people they are meeting to determine whether these traits will be welcomed or shunned.

Most people are far too complex to be easily thrown into a category like normal, especially when you try to determine where the boundaries of normal are. To people on the edge of normal, those just over the line don't seem too weird :\

Normal is just what you are used to.

MazDan said:
I am the most normal me that the world has ever seen.
You're also the weirdest you that the world has ever seen. ;)