• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Cruise mum drugged, raped: inquest (Updated 7/13/07)

Raw Evil

Bluelighter
From National Nine News

Cruise mum drugged, raped: inquest
Thursday Mar 9 19:29 AEDT

A Brisbane mother was stupefied and sexually assaulted by fellow cruise passengers who considered throwing her body overboard after she died in their room, a Sydney inquest was told.

Mother of three Dianne Brimble, 42, set out on the holiday of a lifetime aboard the P&O cruise ship Pacific Sky on September 23, 2002.

The following morning she was found dead, apparently of an overdose of the date rape drug gamma-hydroxybutyrate, otherwise known as GBH or fantasy.

Mrs Brimble's body was found in a cabin belonging to four men she had met at a disco on the ship the previous night.

The court was told police had found explicit photos of at least one of the men engaging in sexual acts with Mrs Brimble shortly before her death.

According to police witness statements, one of the men who was staying in the room told another cruise passenger that "some shit went down last night", and that a woman had died, naked on the floor of their cabin.

He said the men had tried to carry Mrs Brimble back to her cabin but "there was too much traffic around".

According to the witness statement read to the court, the man went on to say they were going to throw her body overboard, but faced the same problem.

They had tried to give Mrs Brimble mouth to mouth before telephoning the ship's medical emergency number, the witness said.

Medical staff pronounced Mrs Brimble dead a short time later.

Counsel assisting the coroner, Ron Hoenig, told Glebe Coroner's Court Mrs Brimble died in "absolutely reprehensible circumstances".

"The evidence will clearly show Mrs Brimble was killed," Mr Hoenig told the court.

"(She was) preyed upon by some people, having had administered to her a substance that broke her will or interfered with any ability of her to say yes or no."

Mr Hoenig read from statements from family and friends of Mrs Brimble, who said the Brisbane woman considered sex a private matter that was an intimate thing between her and her partner.

"She would never entertain the idea of involving herself in any perverse, deviate or experimental sex," Mr Hoenig said.

Others who said they had been close to Mrs Brimble, including her de facto husband of 15 years, David Mitchell, gave evidence to the court.

They all said Mrs Brimble was a devoted mother and a very moral person who did not approve of promiscuous sex or drug taking.

An ex-husband, Mark Brimble, represented family at the inquest and asked questions of witnesses.

Mr Hoenig said the court would hear evidence from other passengers from the cruise who said the men implied they earned a living from drugs and bragged about bringing drugs onto the ship.

GBH, the illegal drug apparently given to Mrs Brimble, interferes with the body's central nervous system.

It can cause the body to shut down and can be fatal if used in conjunction with other drugs, including alcohol.

Mr Hoenig said the men linked to Mrs Brimble's death also had apparently told passengers a coroner's report had cleared them of any wrongdoing.

They also reportedly said the captain of the liner had apologised to them and offered them a free cruise.

Meanwhile, Depute State Coroner Jacqueline Milledge ordered the subpoena of interviews with Mrs Brimble's family recorded for an upcoming episode of Australian Story.

The inquest continues on Friday.

©AAP 2006

The woman in question was my friend's mother. I recall him telling me about it on MSN back when we were at school.

When the hell will people learn that dosing people is just plain wrong?

^ Yeah. Raping and killing them is pretty wrong too.

I saw this on the news tonight. Horrendous.

^
her dieing is a result of having been dosed by someone else (shw was probly drunk already)

god drug rape is so WRONG!
there r sum sick fucks in this world if u ask me....

ya, ive been drugged and raped. Kind of makes me want to kill the person who did it. OH well i hope they burn in hell. all of them.

What a tragic way to die. I also feel sorry for her partner and kids.

"GBH, the illegal drug apparently given to Mrs Brimble"

...dyslexia.

Me too
8.gif

I hate rapists and molesters. This is fucked up. I hate G, its negative outweighs the positives. Too many rapes go down, I know 2 girls personally who had it happen to them.

MildKandy said:
I hate rapists and molesters. This is fucked up. I hate G, its negative outweighs the positives. Too many rapes go down, I know 2 girls personally who had it happen to them.

shit i only know girls who got raped or kinda raped (they dont admit it vcause hey they were drunk so its kinda their fault they think) on alcohol

nothing wrong with g

any downer can be used to knock someone out right?

GreenBarts said:
ya, ive been drugged and raped. Kind of makes me want to kill the person who did it. OH well i hope they burn in hell. all of them.

1. Aren't you a guy?

2. Why would someone say they've gotten raped, if they really have. Just 'cuz it's the internet?

I was always wondering why girls I hardly knew that long come out to me and say they have been raped.

Most of the time it is made up for attention. Some girl told me the first day I met her that she has been raped. Not only that, but that she slept with 30 guys. This just makes it so much harder for a real raped victim to contact the police. Rapists deserve terrible punishments, but child rapists are definately the absolute worst.

One other dumb girl tells people she got "raped" all the time.

Even though the slut is intoxicated, and decides on her own will to fuck a guy. Then she turns the situation around and calls it a rape. Oh, please, "I'm fragile and can't be rejected; please be with me forever. <3 hubby"

fruitfly said:
I hope they throw the fucking book at these guys.

well, wait now, I have gotten fucked up with a group of guys before. Not some sexual orgy, but just some typical partying. Just bc the hubby and the friends are trying to save her rep by saying she wouldn't do this means they are correct. we dont know if she did this willingly or not. the guys didn't throw her body over, they called the medic and attempted CPR. we can't assume they dosed her.

^ apparently according to witness statements the reason they didn't dump her overboard is because there were too many people around.

Also, they coroner said "The evidence will clearly show Mrs Brimble was killed."

typical partying doesn't usually lead to dead bodies, or one chick who is so intoxicated she's about to die while a bunch of men are sober enough to try to dispose of her body

Let's make alcohol illegal, it's lead to a thousand times more rapes than G ever has or will. Who's with me? Didn't think so.

And you know it's great reporting when they call it "GBH". Much like you gotta watch out for DMX.

sockwaveal said:
Let's make alcohol illegal, it's lead to a thousand times more rapes than G ever has or will. Who's with me? Didn't think so.

And you know it's great reporting when they call it "GBH". Much like you gotta watch out for DMX.

Ay, you do, that nigga will fuck you up worse than any old Tussin.

Death cruise men 'offered women drugs'

The Australian
David King
March 21, 2006

AS Dianne Brimble lay on the floor of a cabin dying from an alleged fatal dose of the drug fantasy, a group of Adelaide men offered the same drug to three women in a nearby cabin.

Kellie Davis told Glebe Coroner's Court yesterday that Dragan Losic, Petar Pantic and Ryan Kuchel had come into their cabin and taken small doses of the "pink liquid" before offering it to her and her two friends.

"Dragan said, 'do you want some?"' Ms Davis told Coroner Jacqueline Milledge.

"I recall saying two or three times, 'what is it?'. They would not give us a clear answer. He would reply, 'don't worry just have it'."

The women refused to take it.

Ms Davis was giving evidence at a coronial inquest into the death of 42-year-old Brisbane mother of three Dianne Brimble.

She died in the early hours of September 24, 2002 after meeting a group of eight men from Adelaide in the ship's disco on the first night of the cruise.

Lawyers assisting the Coroner alleged that she was given a dose of the drug gamma-hydroxybutyrate, which is also known as fantasy, grievous bodily harm (GBH) and liquid ecstasy.

The eight men -- Letterio Silvestri, Mark Robin Wilhelm, Matthew Graham Slade, Dragan Losic, Petar Vladimir Pantic, Ryan Kym Kuchel, Luigi Vitale and Sakelaros "Charlie" Kambouris -- are considered persons of interest by police.

Ms Davis told the court that at about 6am on the first morning of the cruise, she had seen Mark Wilhelm running down the corridor wearing only a life vest.

He later came into her cabin with his friends Mr Pantic and Mr Losic and discussed having sex with Brimble.

Ms Davis said Mr Wilhelm had shown her photographs of him having sex with Brimble in his cabin.

She later went into cabin D182 where Brimble was lying unconscious on the floor.

At some time during the morning Ryan Kuchel entered Ms Davis's cabin, bringing with him a glass containing what she described as a "pink liquid".

After taking the liquid Mr Kuchel passed out and Ms Davis was photographed putting a Puppetry of the Penis stubby holder over his penis.

The inquest continues.

Link

Puppetry of the Penis stubby holder over his penis. __> ????