Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Best available benzo for sleep

Jug

Bluelighter
Hi.
What would you guys say is the best benzo for sleep that is available on a healthcare card and a doctor would be most willing to perscribe in WA?

you'll likely end up with temazepam or if youre luckier, diazepam.
more than likely they'll give you stilnox first though

Stilnox is ambien isnt it? I hear americans talk about ambien alot, and ive had stilnox, never knew the 2 were the same thing.

my dads GF had a script for temazepam for sleep, i never had one but i have had seraquel for sleep and that worked very well (not sure how often they script it out for sleep though)

go for that if you want sleep... never tried ambien either.

^
it aint a benzo unfortunately

i wouldn't go for a benzo if i want to sleep

seems like a waste

get some ambien or sleepy anti-histamine

benzo's make me too happy to sleep

Diazapam is pretty poor for sleep because it has such a long half life (approx. 72 hours). Ideally you want something with a short half life, so oxazapam, or alprazolam are better candidates.

yes i know bingeboy, was meerly stating that seroquel is good for sleep.. and seeming as though it has little recreational purpose, i thought it was likely he'd get scripted that

it was straying a little from the topic none-the-less

seroquel has a lot of bad side effects which usually means doctors usually dont use it as a first choice for medicating insomnia.

temazepam will probably be scripted if youre lucky. if youre not, you will get imovane/ambien which is not a benzo.

the best benzo for sleep in my opinion would be halcion. halflife of ~4 hours, doesnt leave you drowsy the next day.

Immortal Teknique said:
Stilnox is ambien isnt it? I hear americans talk about ambien alot, and ive had stilnox, never knew the 2 were the same thing.
Yes, Stilnox and Ambien are both brand names for zolpidem tartrate, which is, in my opinion, a better alternative for periodic insomnia than any benzo. Tolerance builds way slower, they are less euphoric (and I personally believe, without statistical support, that there is a correlation between euphoria, tolerance and eventually addiction).

Also, they seem to have much less of a hangover for the majority of people. Whereas tempazepam/diazepam take me a few hours to shrug off the "cloud" (as I call it) in the morning, Stilnox is usually un-noticable by the time I've showered and had breakfast (ie. 15 minutes after waking up).

Is there a particular reason you want a benzo? Because speaking from recent experience, the withdrawals are *not fun* - unless itching your ass off, having 18 hour long panic attacks and freaking out over all the shit, all the time is your idea of a giggle. It's worth considering alternatives.

Just out of interest, i have a couple temazepam that are orange/10mg pills, so I guess the 'footballs' (white rugby ball shape) temazepam are out of circulation?.. My mate who is a mental health patient had his benzo scripts declined/was now prescribed 'zopiclone'?/not a benzo.... Just a thought..

Incidentally, eszopiclone has now been marketed under the name Lunesta as a prescription sleeping tablet that appears to be relatively devoid of addiction after six months

Lunesta sucked for me. It also gives you a horrible taste in your mouth and when you breathe in. No food or drink can make the taste go away either.

[mod edit: Stilnox] would be your best bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you just talk to your doctor about it, ultimately it will come down to what he is willing to prescribe. Just going there and asking for such and such wont do you any good.

I recieved nitrazepam (mogadon) from my doctor, best benzo for sleep by far. But alot of doctors do not like to prescribe it, I was just lucky enough to have a doctor who will prescribe just about anything accept S8 painkillers.

best benzo is one that has a 1/2 life of about the same time your going to be sleeping and that has a primarly hypnotic effect, i suggest temazepam 10mg

only use when you need sleep, dont use everynight or youll end up hooked on this shit. btw i think valium is a bad choice, lasts to long

xanax is perfect for sleep, but it is way too addicting to even think about using it for an extended period of time.

Xanax for sleep? Doesn't work for me. Diazepam works sometimes, but Stilnox is still the best option (although tolerance to Stilox builds too - takes me 20mg to get about 3-4 hours of sleep).