• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

OVERGROW cannabis growing website busted

From what I've read the site admin also ran a seedbank and he was 'busted' (despite it been a legitimate business in Canada, just like the Marc Emery deal afew months back) for running that.
Apparently the overgow servers havn't been siezed but the site has been taken offline for the moment.
You can read all about it here - http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21351

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:
It's a shame very informative site for all hope we get another one soon....Overgrow The World.......
While i fully support the right of free speech and i support the legalization of drugs..

Site like overgrow and shroomery just freaking ask for it. They post sources, they post links to online shops that sell seeds and spores and things of that general nature.

Bluelight toes the line legally, in terms of most american and european laws.. these two sites simply cross it. There's a reason this site has a very strict no-sources rule, and why we're strict about linking to a plethora of things.. like pirate/warez/torrent sites. There's a reason for where the servers are, and where the domain name is. There's a reason the gallery is being more heavily moderated recently in what drug pictures get approved and which ones don't. Same as with the disclaimer that BL doesn't promote or encourage drug use.. but merely is a harm reduction site. BL welcomes the press to contact it and has a section speaking out to parents.

Shroomery or Overgrow took no such measures and because of that stupidity, they got what was coming to them.

^^ You argue that Bluelight toes the line. Yeah right, it gets crossed in any number of threads/forums. Prices get mentioned in the US/Europe threads all the time.

Sure sources are forbidden but it could be easily argued that the social community Blue Light has created, indirectly, and caused the connecting of people, sources and buyers, producers and distributors, users and dealers.

I think it’s this “drugs are bad but we're here to stop the kids from dying” philosophy which is flawed, and is almost hypocritical. There are few, if any, members of BL who do not use. Whilst using drugs yet giving the appearance that we are not condoning drug use, though condoning safe drug use, only shows those whom are unconvinced by our argument how contradictory we are. It laddens us with a image that continues to perpetuate the liar, cheat and addict profile that is so often used to characterise drug users.

The problem with the legislation movement is that we're a bunch of wimps.

Christians went to the death for their belief. This not only legitimized their belief and practices but changed the world forever.

On the other hand we cower and hide, we're everywhere from the highest offices of the land to the beggar in the street yet we deny our beliefs and practices, to ourselves (when we’re addicted) and to others (our loved ones) for fear of retribution.

What we need to do is what the gays and homosexuals did. (Well in Australia anyway).

Get up and proclaim to the world what we do and to show them the pain and agony their interdiction and laws cause on us. Block streets and show that we’re not a bunch of deviants (as how they were portrayed), addicts and losers. For their bravery against possible retribution from the law, employers, and their families they won the right to practice their way of life.

Until then we'll be demonised and attacked, and quite rightly because for the simply fact we don't stand up for ourselves.

With most of the drug debates I’ve seen the most passionate and logical of speakers tend to deny taking drugs or claim that they are only fighting to stop people from dying.

That is not what should be about. A consequence of legalising drugs will be the improvement in quality and education, resulting in less harm and death – but that can’t the primary reason for drug legalisation. The real point of drug legalisation is the intrinsic right that every human being has to alter their state of consciousness. Until we stop hiding behind bullshit arguments we’ll never reach our goal of legalisation.

Last edited:
Prices are not really supposed to be discussed on the site. and i am a BL'er that doesn't use (anymore).

BL isn't condoning or damning anything either.. there is no contradiction. The BLUA states that Bluelight does not condone drug use but recognizes that just b/c you oppose it, or don't condone it, that it will simply go away and that a matter of pragmatism and practicality must be taken with drugs so people don't end up killing themselves or making themselves sick as hell.

It's not a matter of being wimps, it's a matter of being strategic. As you can see.. no one on this board has the upper hand here. Anyone caught.. can go to jail, pay fines, lose their job. How can you fight for, or spread info in support of legalization from behind bars. When you lose your job, have a legal record, and then live a not so wonderful to talk about lifestyle..or you don't get into a college b/c of a legal record, then guess what? You're not really going to help the legalization image. Non users are just going to see you as another troubled junkie.

But.. also, BL is not a political advocasy site though its controversial subject matter is over a very political issue. Neither is the Shroomery, Grasscity, Overgrow, Lycaeum, Erowid, etc..

i dont understand why erowid hasnt been busted, they pretty much tell you how to make stuff and they have vendor links and sources too. lets just hope they dont get busted.

^^ i think some in the US government once praised it, saying its the biggest database of psychoactive drugs available

DigitalDuality said:
Prices are not really supposed to be discussed on the site.

there's a bit of leeway as far as that "guideline" (as opposed to the source 'rule') is concerned, my understanding is that forum mods can choose to enforce it or not.

While i was re-drafting Kubenzi's old DC guidelines, i came across this, double-checked with the BLUA and didnt spy anything in there to say its not allowed, but as a rule i dont allow it, even though another previous mod (infinity) had a mega thread for it - but that thread had its own 'special' rules on how to discuss that particular topic, and at the moment PDX and I dont have the time between us to devote to such a demanding thread.

But theoretically, we could have one.

(nb: I very much stand to be corrected on this by admin. I did mean to bring it up in staff, but my mind has been on other things for me to have time to focus on trivialities such as this :\)

Price discussion is a non-official guideline as I understand it. Some forums do allow it, most don't. Price discussion just creates moronic dick sizing threads but if the information is factual it could be used by law enforcement agencys. Further discussion on this would probably be suited to the staff area.

The sources thing is exactly why websites such as overgrow run into problems and get shutdown. Theres a big difference between supplying information and supplying substances or direct methods to obtain them.