• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

~Girly thread~

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrissie

Bluelight Crew
The girly thread!

A good way for all of us to ask questions and share suggestions on beauty products, clothing, feminine care and anything else considered "girly."

But this thread is not limited to only girls! Guys, feel free to ask any questions or recommend products that you like :)

Last edited:
Ummm, like...;)

I use Cetaphil lotion. It's non-comedogenic(sp?), fragrance free, etc. So basically really good for sensitive skin. (and doesn't cause breakouts).

i still love my venus razor...i think though, that it's basically the first non-cheap disposable i ever bought...so i am probably coming out better because of that. i have really coarse hair though, so it could be that too..

i just use proactiv stuff...mainly just the cleanser/lotion because my face can't handle anything else :(

i get no yummy smelly stuff from the waist up, but my legs don't act up as much as the rest of my skin, so i have some of the body shops coconut lime verbena lotion mmmmmm smells good and summery. i miss the sunsweet kiwi though...i might have to hit up ebay for that one :)

Anyone know a good moisturizer that's good for dry/oily skin? I just moved to a completely different climate and my forehead is greasy-feeling, yet flaky! Ack!

*walks in*

*burps*

*changes the channel to ESPNews*

*leaves beer bottle on the ground*

*walks out*

the loreal couleur experte is awesome...it's the one with the color and the highlights in one box for like $18 or so (there are always coupons around!). I thought it was going to be harder to do the highlights, or they would bleed onto the other sections of hair, but it's turned out perfectly every time. I love it :)

Reds do fade quickly, but you can get a shampoo from sally beauty supply (or a similar place) that actually has some red tint to it, that sort of enhances the red and keeps it there longer. Also trying to find some sort of sunscreen for your hair will help, as the uv rays sort of fade it faster.

I don't use much, but what I do buy is quality ;D

I'm a Dermalogica whore through and through, my fav products are:

Active Moist which is a really light oil free moisturiser

The Bar - an amazing cleansing bar that is just out of this world ;D

Skin Prep Scrub - a fantastic exfoliant..

They are expensive but SO worth it ;D

My other fav is hair products by MOP - Modern Organic Products, particularly the basil mint shampoo ;D

Hadn't seen this until today,

Face: Been using Clairns for years, cleanser, toner and moisturiser.

Make Up: Usually, it is Revlon Colour Stay Foundation, with a Loreal Powder, blush I tend to use Natural Glow, love the stuff. I love my Christian Dior Eye Shadows and Eye Liner, and mascara, usually Loreal, but trying the Rimmel one with the comb, not bad. Lipstick, could be any brand, any colour, mostly glosses.

Shaver: I have a venus shaver, have tried the intuition but don't like it prefer the venus shaver!!!!

All I can think of for now!!!!

=D

Yeah there's no way on earth I'm going to a salon everytime I need to redo my color. My hair grows so fast I'd just have to give up color altogether. It's just not happening. That being said, I am really not lifting the color up to platinum blonde or anything, and make sure to do all the deep conditioning stuff.

I haven't even *been* to a hair place in over 6 months....(the horror!) ;)

hehe yeah i don't have layers sort of on purpose...it's one of those poor grad student things you learn after a while....my haircuts are all of the $12 variety and getting special shampoo means something other than suave...

when it gets summer i'm getting my hair cut shorter again though, and i'll get regular cuts then, but i'm also out in the sun more and do more crazy things to my hair then too

i vary on the brands of nail polish i get, but as far as a clear coat/base coat, you HAVE to get some Nail Envy by opi....it makes your nails so strong :)

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Is there something like a shoe rack for bags?

I use a shoe rack. It's tall and screws to my closet wall and i hang my purses on it as well as belts.

faris - to give your hair more body you can tease it.

I stole this from some "80's hair" site on how to tease your hair:

LIGHTLY spritz all of your hair with Rave and let it dry. Rave dries quickly, making it ideal for this hairstyle. Crimp your hair all over. It takes time, but it really makes your hair bigger more easily. Tease/Rat all of your hair. To tease your hair, grab a small section and hold it up by the end. Comb downward with the teasing comb in short fast strokes until it gets tangled at the bottom. *If you want more volume, start at the roots, working your way up. Re-spritz with Rave, more liberally than the first time, but still not heavily. While the hairspray is setting, pull the hair into the basic shape you want it to be. I usually don't do much after this step, because it tends to turn out nicely. Re-spritz very lightly and blow-dry, with the dryer set on the gentlest setting possible. If it still moves your hair too much, hold it as far away from your head as you can. Spritz any weak sections of your hair with Rave, to make sure it won't fall down in a few minutes. *Sprinkle hair with glitter, for a more glam look. Close your eyes, hold your breath, and cover your hair with a good coating of AquaNet. Repeat this step until you think your hair is stiff enough to withstand the elements and toxic enough to choke a third world country.

I know it sounds funny but it will work.

*just in case you don't know, Rave and AquaNet are types of hairspray

**Also, you don't have to crimp your hair. It just helps to give it volume. But the teasing alone will be fine.

ok, i don't care how gay this sounds coming from a guy. but as far as dry skin goes, the thing that works well for me is Avon's Silicone Glove. i've worked in a freezer environment for 5 years and this product has stopped my cracking and dry skin.

i just skipped 6 pages of this but...any MAC whores in da house? I only buy eyeshadows now and perfume, because everything else seems like such a rip. I liked the foundation I had for a while, but paying close to $40 CDN for it is a bit much. :(

i'm in love with Dream Angels Heavenly and Love Spell from Victorias Secret. I also like Mango Mandarin from Bath and Body Works. Oh, America, will you and your products marry me?

I'm all late on this.. but i did realize lately that i have a very picky and rutine way of things that i will let touch my skin & hair.. lol

for my face i used to use Oil of Olay only from HS till recently.. but my brother (straight but spends more time beautifying than me!) got me hooked on Aveeno lotion :) and now i have even replaced my body was with the Aveeno one (skin relief). It smells really good.. but not purfumey at all.

My brother also got my 17y/o bro using the shit, and using specific stuff on his face and for shaving. (they both have oily and pimply skin)
I thankfully, don't. it's a bit oily on my tzone.. but i have no other problems. i do use those clean & clear oil face wipes, like when i go from work to school (since it's been like 8 hours since i could scrub my face)
i am even weird about people touching my face or when some one (like my ex) would put his face to mine.. i would always break out, ugh.. cause my skin is really sensitive, i hate it.

the only make up i use is Mabalene (wow i can't even spell it!) but i REFUSE to let any concealer or anything like that touch my face. i use lipgloss, mascara and eyeshadow only!!!

I am also a Lorel whore. all my hair products including shampoo are Lorel. the Studio line and Vive .

I shave with a Mach3 Turbo (suggested by my bro all 3 of us have one! lol) and just the lather from my body wash.. no creams. Occasionaly i will use baby oil for the bikini area.
(and the razor works wonderfully! and is easier to uhh.. guide down there than the Venus)

and for Nail Polish.. i love OPI & Revlon

^^ i dunno if there is any huge difference... i use them and i really like them.. the applicator is a lot smoother than most adn they are very comfortable..

Status
Not open for further replies.