Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

My Favourite Time of the Year

maxload

Ex-Bluelighter
As the heat of the Queensland summer is turned down and we slip deeper into the year I have decided today that Feburary is my favourite time of year.

Okay it may be because the rugby season starts proper today with the kick off of the Super 14 season, which means Friday nights will involve drinks after work watching grown men squeeze each others testicles under the cover of a tangle of sweaty, muddy bodies. Now this may or may not appeal to everyone but there are many more reasons.

The cyclone season is in full steam most years at this time which means that the swells most surfers wet dream about roll in to the points on the gold coast. Every man and his bud seem to come down with 24hr flu and pull a sicky. Somehow a recovery always allows a quick surf come 1pm. If you have never been witness to the chaos generated at Kirra, Snapper or Burleigh Heads and the buzz which flows through the city, then pack your bags in the next month.

It is all not confined to the southen hemesphere, those lucky enough to be in Europe right now should have a decent cover of the white stuff allowing spring skiing to rule. Nothing beats being able to hit the slopes/half pipes wearing a t-shirt.( okay not right now , but in a few weeks perhaps). Throw in the winter olympics and you can't wipe the grin from my face.

So whats your favourite month?

DECEMBER

* Doofs every weekend
* Hot weather without being unbearable
* My birthday
* Christmas
* New Years Eve

Queenslanders are odd ;)

Yeah, I'm down with December as well.

* Quietest time of the year at my job (read: major bludge)
* 3 weeks solid holidays to look forward to
* Christmas; which I *adore*... I'm a major cheesy Christmas freak
* Great weather.... first taste of real sun, singlet t-shirts, air-conditioning... just revelling in summer.

close second is Spring... September/October, purely because I love the "smell" of spring... everything opening up, renewing, blossoming, after winter. It's beautiful.

maxload said:
Friday nights will involve drinks after work watching grown men squeeze each others testicles under the cover of a tangle of sweaty, muddy bodies.

LOL! I'm not sure everyone who experiences a Friday night like that is playing sport either ;) =D

For me it'd have to be one of the summer months... probably February as well. My birfday falls this time and the last few years, it's always been the most eventful month. Not sure why... maybe all the summer music festivals.

January.

I love the sweltering heat of summer, late night swimming, holiday mode, fruity cocktails, birthday celebrations, lazing at the beach, Big Day Out, cruising with the windows down... good times :)

I'm the complete opposite.

February =
13.gif

The weather is intolerably humid, the silly season has just ended, there's nothing to look forward to until easter, there's this pesky little holiday in the middle of the month that makes single people feel more bitter and twisted then thay are already.

Nah the quicker Feburary is over won't be fast enough IMO.

:p

I love summer; in particular January. The craziness of December is gone. The days are long and cares seem miles away. I spend my time cruising out on the boat and watching the world go by. I adore the long hot days and the smooth, balmy nights. Everything is easier in summer, and the weight of the world seems to lift from everyones shoulders, as if, for a little while, the mundane reality of working life comes second to living free and having fun.

BTW; I know this is a bit different, but there is a favourate seasons thread already that can be found here.

Donny Don't said:
I'm the complete opposite.

February =
13.gif

If I was a Paramata fan I would hope the season never started.

All the school kids are tucked away by Feb, less crowds at Time Zone.
Huge marke up on packets of cigarettes too ;)

JUNE!!!!!!!! :D

besides the obviously self-indulgent reason that my birthday falls in June, I've always been a winter bunny.

I love getting rugged up and sitting around with friends inside, desperately trying to warm up by clutching hot drinks and covered in blankets (am I romanticising Queensland winters a little too much?).

AND

I love walking outside all rugged up in winter, with just your head exposed, feeling the chilled air whip your cheeks and give you that ruddy winter complexion.

and I have an obsession with scarves.

and it's half way through the year.

Hmmm I'm going to pick August because I can't see why anyone else would like it and I think every month deserves a fair go.

Goooooooo August!

[But really I love February.]

I love April (loads of public holidays) but for weather, i love October... the jacarandas are in full bloom in Brisbane, splashes of bright purple everywhere and the weather is warming nicely, but not TOO humid. :)

(it's still freezing as fuck in Melbourne though ;))

i like january cos it feels fresh and 'new', ready to take on another year and full of positive resolutions and goals
dak is plentiful and always fresh and potent
also then the horse competition circuits just started again and ive usually acquired new pieces of gear to show off

When it starts to get Freezing Cold In the Mornings.. and Ya Get those First Big Rain Down Falls....

Aproxx a Week aFter that....

And that Magic Fungus comes back to life =D

I Love the winter months... i love driving to work when its pissing down with rain, having my heaters fully cranked up...

falling to sleep with the pitter patter of rain falling on the roof !

Those Awersome Lighting storms !

Also the Ocean Turns Wild and Unhospitable, Huge Swells, Great for Jetsking =D
Also the Beach starts to erode away Making for the Mass dumping of sand at the beach !
I Find the Funny and i cant wait untill the day the all those Big Houses and Fancy resturants WASH AWAY !

I love July....
my birthday is in July and its the perfect weather up here, not so humid and lovely cool nights!
:)