Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ads you despise...

kytnism

Bluelight Crew
whenever i hear (let alone see) the ad "brissssbane, we REALLY REALLY REALLY love Brisbaneeeee... I love it so much,,,, IT HURTS" i feel like hurting myself...

...what ad's get up YOUR ass...?!

..how emotional...

...kytnism...:|

ALL panadol ads make me so angry I want to kill small children :X

Come in and see the good good good guys.
Nah, nah nah nah nahhhhh, nah nah nah.

*gets gun*

Oh and it's not an ad exactly, but when they play the same ad twice in a row. It's fucking annoying.

Any fucking ad that's on the TV in Australia. They're all annoying, lame and horrid. The Ad's actually made me want to stop watching TV there as they were offended me to the point where I realised that I was wasting precious time even watching that garble.

The TV here doesn't seem to be quite as offensive, thank fuck for that. At least I can sit down and watch a decent show now.

EDIT: Is that Harvey Norman ad still on there? That one, Ken Bruce and any HBA ad usually were the ones that I got the most annoyed at. :X

Ads for sanitary products, particularly that one that mentions colours in it.

Luckily I don't watch much commercial TV, but I generally tune out when the ads come on.

i absolutely despise any american ad that they re-dub with aussie accents.

how anyone could accept a lot of these ads is beyond me, 'yeah that sounds heaps aussie now... so what if it doesn't match how their lips are moving!'

<3

In other words, which advertisments were sheer marketing genius [in a completely irritating and somewhat backwards way] and force the brands image and slogan into your eternal memory? 8).

I don't watch T.V.
Except House. :|.

I'm surpirsed that they haven't been mentioned yet, but those fucking mobile phone ringtones ads. They are lame and constantly on (even on pay TV you can't escape them). I remember when Crazy Frog was all the rave and that ad was on every ad break, very very annoying!
Also that cologate 'whiteing toothpaste for sensitive teeth'. It reeks of superficiality, like when the girl says "I wanted a tooth paste that was sensitive8) but I didn't want to give up things,8) like having having white teeth8) ' she rolls her eyes occassionally as though its an accessary to her use of punctuation.
Theres more but I've got to think. Good thread

That Tint Professor one that's disguised as an adult chat line ad. I totally want to buy window tinting now. Fo sho.

joannie_mhm said:
i absolutely despise any american ad that they re-dub with aussie accents.
I was about to say the same thing - although I'm sure some of them aren't even American. They're like, Danish or something.

I think the ad I hate the most is that Fructis hard style wax [I think] ad. The one where he's a pizza boy or something and then like, totally rocks out man with his mohawk. That guy creates an unusual amount of aggression to rise within me and I'm not sure why. Besides the fact he's such a wanker.

I also hate any ad which tells me 'how life is' or 'how life should be'. This is usually McDonalds and Coke.

Besides all the ones people have mentioned....

....the new Wendys ad. The one where its a mother and 2 kids.

The mother finishes her milkshake and kicks her daughters chair so the daughter thinks it was the boy. The mother takes his milkshake off him and drinks it. Then does the same, vice versa.

What a greedy fucking bitch! If I ever saw someone do that, I'd kick them in the head.

(Dont get me wrong, I hate kids just as much as the next person, but fuck that.)

anna! said:
That Tint Professor one that's disguised as an adult chat line ad. I totally want to buy window tinting now. Fo sho.
x1,000,000

The Tint Professor, The Best For Lessor!

:X

up all night said:
I also hate any ad which tells me 'how life is' or 'how life should be'. This is usually McDonalds and Coke.

Yeah that Coke one about 'what Summer should be' really shat me off. Don't tell me what my life should be like you corporate shmucks :X . There is also a Crown Lager ad along the same lines, which suggests going out and 'experiencing life' or something. But just make sure you do it with an ice cold Crownie :| .

There are also the Fujitsu ads with Mark Tubby Taylor which don't really shit me, but make me laugh because they are so lame. He gives absolutely no reason why anyone should choose a Fujitsu Air con over all the other brands, but simply says: 'Just do what I did, and get a Fujitsu'. Yeah great Tubs, that's a real selling point 8) .

kytnism said:
ads you despise...|

all of them

But in particular.... coke zero.. fucking manipulative shite.

I'm with you COTB... I don't watch the telly either. haven't done for a few years. Obviously there will be the odd time but otherwise I got no idea.

Every time I sit in front of a telly I want to smash it. I feel like it is personally condescending to me. God it's painful, it's just so fucking slow for one thing. I'm like "yeah, ok, moving on now" Are the general population really that stupid that they need everything "dumbed down" to that extent? God help us if they are.

i'm with you kytnism... i HATE that ad. I pretty much hate most ads, and unfortunately cable seems to have more ads than free to air nowadays. :\ I still love cable though, although we only hover around discovery, nat geo, history, world movies, and a few others.

I don't like "commercial" tv, but surely people see the positives in watching a channel like discovery or nat geo which are pretty much documentary channels? I've learned a hell of alot watching them.