View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Arkansas police seize 90 pounds of ecstasy pills

ezroller26

Bluelighter
Link

Arkansas police seize 90 pounds of ecstasy pills

(1/27/06 - WEST MEMPHIS, AR) - Arkansas police seized three trash bags -- filled with more than 128,000 ecstasy pills -- from the trunk of a car traveling on Interstate 40.

The driver from Texas has been arrested.

A 32-year-old Dallas man -- Mai Inthavong -- was held at the Crittenden County jail on $7 million bond. He's charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell or deliver.

Deputy Don Graham stopped the vehicle for a traffic violation when he found the trash bags in the vehicle's trunk.

The bags contained 27 individually wrapped packages of ecstasy. Police estimate the pills have a street value of up to $6.4 million.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link

Cops Seize 90 Pounds of "X"
JANUARY 27, 2006 - Posted at 7:55 a.m. CST

WEST MEMPHIS, AR - Crittenden County police have seized three trash bags filled with more than 128,000 ecstasy pills, or 90 pounds of the drug, from the trunk of a car traveling on Interstate 40. The driver of the car has been arrested.

Mai Inthavong, 32, of Dallas, was being held at the Crittenden County jail on $7 million bond. He is charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell or deliver.

Deputy Don Graham stopped Inthavong for a traffic violation when he found the trash bags in the vehicle's trunk. The bags contained 27 individually wrapped packages of ecstasy, each weighing 3.3 pounds for a total 90 pounds.

Police said they estimate the pills have a street value of between $3.2 million and $6.4 million.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter how many times I read it, it makes me sick. Shit like this is why I haven't got to roll in a month.

Links added - Skyline

Last edited by a moderator:
That guy is looking at a long time in prision, some states would put him away for life too.

shoot, now we will have some hard times in Tx, since 3 4 months of supply is gone.

I wonder if he was going to TX or coming from TX....

Second of all, I did the math and the cops need to find a better hook-up:
An estimated 6.4 million dollers / 128,000 Pills = $50 a pill!!!! (At least the reported in the second report had done XTC and corrected it a bit better to $25 a pill! :) )

I guess arguing that they are for his personal use is out of the question..

his life is basically over. how tragic

that really sucks. i wonder what kind of pills they where. to be honest, i'd like to see that happen to all the people flooding the US with shitty meth bombs.

West Memphis is on the Arkansas side of the Mississippi river bordering Tennessee. If thats where he was arrested, thats a little ways from Texas.

Ecstacy is one of the demonized drugs here in AR... not so bad as methamphetamine, but they will still go out of their way to make this guy look like satan.

This is a MAJOR MDMA bust by Arkansas' standards. The cop that caught him has probably already been promoted.

Though really, you can only feel so sorry for someone like that. I mean, if you are going transport that kind of quantity.. for fuck's sake make sure your tags are current, lights all work, don't speed, etc. Stupid decisions regarding cars/traffic get so many people busted that otherwise would have been fine.

Better yet, don't freak out and give them permission to search. My money says the guy lost his nerve and let the cop talk his way into a search of the vehicle. If he'd been a little smarter he may very well have gotten away clean.

I'm glad was not me, or else I had my AK 47 next to me a bullet prof vest jacket to defend those precious rolls.

Man, I feel sorry for that dude, between him and Sadam Husein Trial, I'm not sure who is sweating more at this point, 7 million dollars bond, they can fucking suck my left nut, if they think I would ever pay that, do I look like Michael Jackson.

Fuck the DEA, fuck the LAw, they can kiss my white ass.

Peace Out

i live in memphis

this has me upset, u should have seen all the pills laid out on tv on the local news - was traumatizing

Theres been some good rolls coming thru here, i wouldn't be suprised if they were Infinitys, Cupids or Exclamations.

i dunno, i wonder if the quality of the pills was any good.. i mean if they were half meth and 1/4 caffine, then its not that big of a loss to the end users..

but ya, he's screwed.

fizzacyst said:
Though really, you can only feel so sorry for someone like that. I mean, if you are going transport that kind of quantity.. for fuck's sake make sure your tags are current, lights all work, don't speed, etc. Stupid decisions regarding cars/traffic get so many people busted that otherwise would have been fine.

I know, if you are taking that amount of drugs with you, I think there is a better mode of transportation then a '83 El Camino!!! Dress like a traveling sales person, stay calm, drive a fairly nice car, don't look like a thug, and make sure that your shit is going to check out if you do get stopped... NEVER... NEVER allow them to search!!!! I do not care if they have to wake the judge up at 2:00 and get the drug dogs, I am not going to let them search (even if I am not carrying anything.)

StratusBouce said:
Theres been some good rolls coming thru here, i wouldn't be suprised if they were Infinitys, Cupids or Exclamations.

Yellow cupids are in circulation in the areas he would have passed through.

I wonder if he will sqeal on his supplier.

For less of that 40 year prison term and the 7 million bond, You bet your ass he is going to sell out his mother if he thinks it will help!!!!

fizzacyst said:
Yellow cupids are in circulation in the areas he would have passed through.

I wonder if he will sqeal on his supplier.

Well it says hes from dallas and the infinitys and cupids which are the same thing have been showing up all thru the D/FW area

Yep. He's fucked legally. Too bad he didn't do a lesser crime like rape or murder. He'd be out in a year or two.