• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Make Them Die Slowly - The boombastic cannibalastic cult classic

lee harvey

Ex-Bluelighter
Grab a 12-pack and a couple friends and get ready for some serious laughs.

If you were a cheese-horror film fan during the early 80's like I was I hope you didn't miss this piece. Emblazoned on the VHS front cover in red bloody writing was "Banned in 31 countries" to get you interested. I remember when I finally scored the movie by getting an adult to rent it for me and I thought I was in for a real treat. I saw this years ago but I remembered it today. Basically it's your typical stock cannibal film with sex and cocaine thrown in for good measure. Highlights include plenty of funny gore, a guy getting his dick cut off and a lady hanging by her boobs. You'll laugh your way through this one with the many opportunities to insert your own beer-swillin jokes.

aka cannibal ferox. Make them die slowly for some reason always confuses me with i spit on your grave.

Over all I'd say it was a pretty weak movie- bad acting, stupid story, not enough gore to redeem. But, i guess that works if your a big cheese-horror fan.

Cannibal Holocaust was better.

wow, I am a huge fan of 80's horror and zombie type movies. should I give this a try?

Yeah, if you can find it. . All the little mom-n-pop video stores that carried obscure foreign uncensored horror movies are like, gone. They've all been swallowed whole by the Blockbuster monster.

Cannibal Holocaust was just disturbing. Those rape scenes weren't nice.

I haven't seen Cannibal Ferox (aka Make Them Die Slowly), but I've always heard that Cannibal Holocaust is better.

On an old movie group a bunch of folks were discussing this flick intellectually--actually tossing around $5 words like "subtext" & "cultural coding & branding" while describing this grinhouse classic. Here was my reply

One of the joys of watching crap movies is knowing that they are crap movies. Trying to intellectualize a total shitpile like "Cannibal Ferox" (or "Make Them Die Slowly" as it was known when I saw it) is the height of stupidity & kills any real joy in watching the flick.

I saw this in a cheasy run down theatre in the early 1980s on a triple bill with "Driller Killer" & "Avenging Disco Godfather". The theatre was the Selwyn & it was one of a dozen on 42nd Street where you could see great triple bills (usually horror, action & kung fu flicks) & smoke weed & drink beer without raising hackles. Nowadays 42nd Street & the rest of the Times Square area has been cleaned up & Disneyfied (sob!).

The Selwyn, or a theatre like it or a drive in (if you can find one) are the only places to watch silly swill like "Cannibal Ferox". The actring is atrocious, the direction almost non existant and I've seen better cinematography on 7-11 security cam tapes.

Bascially this is a softer version of "Cannibal Holocaust". If "CanHol" is too strong for you & you must see a bad Italian gore flick to win a million bucks then check this out. Frankly I've found it a good bet to avoid any Italian flick with the word "Cannibal" in the title (that goes for you too Fulci!)