Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Heroin thread.

Diacetylus

Bluelighter
Now, I know that Heroin isn't too big in the Australian Drug Discussion forums and I don't see much talk of it in here. This isn't a thread asking for prices, nor is it a dicksizing thread, it's also not an availability thread for that matter. But, I have a simple question: If there are any Heroin users on this board/forum, please explain to me the whole "scene" of Heroin at the moment. Do you think it is gaining popularity in your town/city, or do you think less and less people are using this substance? Do you think there is alot of crime and violence in relation to Heroin (street or otherwise), or what's the feedback on quality around Australia, all states around? What sort of people are using it? Most common administrations?
How do you and your friends perceieve Heroin and it's (ab)useage? Disgusting? O.K.? Not bad? Tolerable? Whatever?
I dunno. To me, Heroin seems to be getting shittier in product, however... alot less people are using it!!?? I can see why!!! Please explain the whole "thing" around smack at the moment.

(mods, if this is not abiding by the guidlelines <which im sure it is...> please shift this thread, or otherwise delete it, thank you)

IMO the quality has fallen ever since the 2001 drought, although you do find the od strong batch it's rare.

No it's not really gaining popularity, but there's of course the set places for it in the big cities like Sydney and Melboure that will always have it. Heroin isn't near as common (and I'm guessing demand probably isn't quiet as high) as back in the 90's, early 00's. I think if you look up seizure rates the purity *usually* isn't around 80% like it used to be anymore either.

I don't think heroin is digusting, but the people around it quite often are and will sink to unthinkable lows, which often makes the whole environment pretty shitty to be around.

I think this can stay as long as people keep the guideline in mind when replying...

DON'T request information on the availability OR pricing of street drugs, pharmaceuticals or anything else.

Do not discuss specific prices in your posts either, though price trends are okay.

If people can't behave, this will be locked.

Also there have been some similar discussions in these threads:

NEWS: [Herald Sun] - 06/12/2005 'Heroin deaths drop'
NEWS: Need for speed is greater than heroin
THE AUSTRALIAN Crystal meth is the new heroin 5/9/05
NEWS: The Australian - 5/09/2005 'Totally addicted to ice'
how pure is the heroin in australia

I use to smoke it once in while back in 1996-97 with a few freind but after a while we just stoped taking it, I'd prefer the pill or meth anyday

In the area I live, nobody really uses smack anymore. It is still available, and isnt too bad quality wise, but everyone seems to go for ms contins, Oxys, anamorphs and ordine(liquid morphine). There is always plenty of these alternatives around, and you know that when you buy a 100mg ms contin, you are getting 100mg, as opposed to paying the same for a cap of smack and hoping that it is gonna do the job.

7 or 8 years ago it seemed alot more people wanted to try heroin and the majority wanted to use it i.v. Then when it got scarce (and alot of o.d's, myself included) everyones attitude toward it changed. It went from being "the" drug to try, to something only filthy, homeless junkies use.

These days i only use smack every now and then, generally i stick to the morphine, as do most other users i know.

Right price
Right quality
Right off

I'm from Melbourne and have been on and off Heroin for about 9 years. The scene nowadays has changed completely since the late 90's. In that time Melbourne had a heroin epidemic on their hands. The quality of gear was around the 80% mark and it was available 24hrs a day in a great number of suburbs. It was just like a drive thru. In the beginning (around 97-98) You could buy $XX street caps which you could go halves with and get nicely stoned. Around 2001 we experienced a huge drought. Quality was about 20%, and the streets were dodgy. Everyone was ripping each other off. About this time meth entered the picture as ex heroin addicts substituted drugs. Myself being one of them. Over the past couple of years the quality has improved but no way near the old days. Insted of XX$ to get high its' now $XX :(
I still use when I can afford it but usually are on some methadone or Buprenorphine program.

EDIT: Hey guys, thanks for sharing, but no prices please. hoptis

Last edited by a moderator:
twominds said:
I'm from Melbourne and have been on and off Heroin for about 9 years. The scene nowadays has changed completely since the late 90's. In that time Melbourne had a heroin epidemic on their hands. The quality of gear was around the 80% mark and it was available 24hrs a day in a great number of suburbs. It was just like a drive thru. In the beginning (around 97-98) You could buy $XX street caps which you could go halves with and get nicely stoned. Around 2001 we experienced a huge drought. Quality was about 20%, and the streets were dodgy. Everyone was ripping each other off. About this time meth entered the picture as ex heroin addicts substituted drugs. Myself being one of them. Over the past couple of years the quality has improved but no way near the old days. Insted of XX$ to get high its' now $XX :(
I still use when I can afford it but usually are on some methadone or Buprenorphine program.

Change all the word/s melboure to sydney and I pretty much agree. //edit just realised I already made the same point in my above post.

Still plenty of people queued up at the phone box every morning round here...but then I do live in redfern lol

zhuk said:
Still plenty of people queued up at the phone box every morning round here...but then I do live in redfern lol

haha I was just wondering about a trip out there today, kings cross yeiled overpriced garbage lately....damn so glad I don't live in Sydney I'd have the hugest habbit.

Who Here is an Australian Heroin user?

[EDIT: Threads merged. hoptis]

Who here is from Australia and uses heroin frequently?

how often do you use?

how long have u been using?

what is your tolerance up to?

please dont mention prices or availability, thanks.

I go through binges every now and then, can't afford a fulltime habit even with a good job I have been using for two and a bit years. quality in adelaide hasn't really changed in the time i have been using but had the same couple i buy from the whole time.

I use morphine sulphate alot more often and my tolerance to that is pretty high, I can take 90mgs IV'd over an hour in three lots no probs could go alot higher but that might be wasting my vials.

How much does morphine differ from real heroin ?

I really want to try IV heroin.

I have one ex-mate who was only recently telling me that the quality of Heroin he was getting in melbourne about three months ago was only a shade of the "good shit" he was getting back in the mid 90s when he first started using.

He said prices were simillar to those of the 90s.. but that means if the quality has decreased then effectively he was paying more.

(notice I said ex-friend, this guy overdosed twice, went into rehab and I haven't seen him since..)

di-morphine hydrochloride is aprrently six times stronger than morphine sulphate, but it feels closer to 20 times but it's hard to work out the doseage because H doesn't come with how many mgs are in it.

Its pretty damn good stuff!!!

mmm

I still use ocassionally, being an ex-addict, but I still like a taste. I'm on Methadone... I use a few times a week now. I'm an injecting drug user but not some street scum, quiet the opposite actually.

The quality of heroin in Sydney is pretty average by all means, city deals are small and in my opinion, not worth $X but hey, thats the price. Theres a lot of biege/brown gear around at the moment, you need to mix it with lemon or vinegar, as it's akaline, but gives you a nice taste, just be careful, better to use vinegar then lemon, as lemon when injected, even in small quanitity has a possible fungal side effect that can cause blindness, as from what I've heard in the Kings Cross injecting centre, a few peoples mate have had it happen to them.

I normally score outside the city now, mostly in Liverpool lately, where I get much more hang for my buck! worth it.

By overall, the gear is so so... nothing great, nothing to bad..

shals!

[EDIT: Prices removed. hoptis]

Why can people refer to Kings Cross but not the Rchmond flats,Collingwood,Footscray or fitzroy!?!If bad shit is going around(rare these days)but still.wouldn't warning people about strong/bad batches be in the spirit of harm reduction?Especially Richmond,Collingwood and Fitzroy....hundreds score at these places(Ice and Gear) everyday!!!!Warning of raids and strong/bad gear is harm reduction....No one will stop using unless they want to,but they won't have any problem scoring....good/clean ghear 9is a different matter!.

I'm not asking for prices to be mentioned,just relevant quality....People don't go crazy from Schmack(unlike ice)....they die.
Whatever the mods say,be careful people....things are changing.
Avoid SK!!!!and the horses!!Alot of turf wars/violence at the moment.
HARM REDUCTION

I'm okay with people talking about the quality of H in a particular suburb, particular if, as you say, there are bad batches going around. Talking about a particular block of flats though is getting pretty specific, I think everyone knows where you're talking about from a suburb name anyway.

I know there is a strong batch floating around north Brisbane (4017) at the moment, around the 85% mark, actually its been here for a few weeks now, but it is alittle off white colour almost pure white and is kinda rocky.

But the guy I get it off usually always has pretty good quality H, around the 55% - 70% mark, he has been in the game for about 17 years and has good quality everything usually but he told me that this stuff will blow your mind and to get it while it is around.

I don't use it, but all my mates do and they said this stuff got them really stoned and kept them there for ages just didn't die in the ass.