• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: CHUD - Cult Classic

lee harvey

Ex-Bluelighter
C.H.U.D. (Contamination Hazard Underground Dump) or (Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller) - you make the choice.
I remember seeing this movie when it first came out when I was a kid and it scared the piss out of me. I saw it again about a year ago and it was still scary, even though it was totally cheesy. I bought the DVD last week and I made the terrible mistake of letting my 5-year-old daughter watch it with me since we're usually cool watchin godzilla movies and monster movies. Now my daughter is scared shitless and won't sleep in her bed. I learned the lesson of Big monsters = cool with kids. Monsters that can invade your house through the sewer in the basement in the middle of the night = not at all cool with kids.

Still, I have an unhealthy fascination with this movie and also other cheesy cult classic sewer movies like "Alligator".

YES!!!! i remember watching this on Betamax when I was young with my entire family! lol.........thanks for the trip down memory lane . I dont remember getting frightened when I saw it tho ( I was also five? maybe six?) but probably because I had just seen Rosemarys Baby and XTRO before i saw this :p
Do you remember X TRO??? The ALien birthing scene?

I actually haven't seen this yet, which is unusual cause I am obsessed with 70's-80's cult horror flicks,

I will have to check this out. Isn't there a CHUD 2 also?

Anyways, is this like a zombie type of movie? I'm going to my local video store tonight to try and find this.

^ yeah there is a CHUD 2. not nearly as entertaining as the first one - of course.

it is loosely considered in the zombie genre of horror. zombie-like monsters that live in the sewer come up and wreck yo shit. it's a classic 1980's horror movie and if you like zombie films or 80's horror in general I highly reccomend seeing it.

I had forgotten about this movie. I can only recall the cover of the VHS tape. I think we were still renting a VCR in 1984. I should watch it again.

My mom introduced me to horror flicks when I was young. Thanks mum. When Poltergeist came out, it was a family outing. I was nine.

I still keep the closet door closed completely when I sleep and never stand next to the bed for too long before getting in. Your daughter won't be traumatized ;)

great movie ! i remember renting this in like 1986, lol i feel old now, chud 2 was good also, but this one is tops !

Loved it! Though, I loved every cheesy horror movie growing up. I think I have said this before, but will again...my favorite thing to do during our trips to blockbuster was find the videos in the horror section that had covers on the packages, since the covers themselves were too graphic to show!

It definitely really is a fun genre.

My mom always teased that it was her fault I was fascinated by the horror flicks. She was about to push me out when she saw the Excorcist in the theater.