Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[PERTH] .:ANDY C + MC GQ:. and .:SHIMON:. Metro City: Friday 27th January

astro^boi

Bluelighter
andyc2006_1.jpg

Loaded dice present...
Andy C & MC GQ "Nightlife" tour

Bona-fide drum ‘n‘ bass royalty, there are few artist who’ve given more to the burgeoning scene than Andy C. In a car! eer spanning almost fifteen years, Andy’s seminal imprint Ram Records is recognised as having defined DnB, whilst his scorching-hot Djing skills saw him voted no.70 in DJ Mag’s coveted Top 100 for 2005 – an all-encompassing poll voted for by a staggering 123,933 people, with Andy consistently polling the highest out of the DnB massive.

Together with the highly respected MC GQ, Andy C returns to Oz this January for his highly anticipated Nightlife Tour.

A prodigious talent, Andy’s involvement in dance music stretches way back to 1989, when, as unknowing youngster, he was taken to his first rave by his older sister – he was just 13. Bitten by the bug, Andy teamed up with good mate Ant Miles to experiment with production and the result was the ‘Valley of the Shadows’ under the Origin Unknown alias – a track still regarded as on! e of DnB’s most classic offerings. Unbelievably, Andy was just! 15 at t he time.

On a shoestring budge of £1000, Andy began Ram Records in 1992. Few could have imagined what an impact the label would have. A name synonymous with quality, Ram has been the platform from which DnB supergroup the RAM Trilogy (Andy C, Ant Miles & Shimon) have launched their worldwide dancefloor assault. The group’s industrial-charged ‘No Reality/Scanners’, ‘Mind Overload/Intercity’ and ‘Chase Scene/Terminal’ were scene-ruling anthems.

One of the most celebrated DnB artists in history, Andy C has scooped the award for ‘Best DJ’ at the Knowledge awards and by website Drum ‘n’ Bass Arena, as well as being recognised at the Accelerated Culture’s ‘People’s Choice Award’ in 2002.

Dubbed ‘The Executioner’ for his cut-throat mixing skills and kil! ler performances, Andy is touring Oz to promote the Nightlife 3, the latest edition in his cutting-edge compilation series featuring the who’s who of DnB, capturing the essence of where this dynamic sound is headed. Featuring Sub Focus, Shimon, Dillinja, Pendulum, Fresh, Moving Fusion and heaps more.

Joining on his upcoming tour of Oz by MC GQ, a man voted no.1 MC at the Hardcore Awards and considered by many to have the best flow in the biz.

Venue: Metros City
Price: $50 + bf
Tickets: Planet Video, 78 Records, Mills, Dj Factory

wouldnt mind goin 2 this, after only seein part of his set @ sunshine last yr, i crave some more andy c .. just need to org the rest of my crew so i aint all like .. "sooOO who else has a ticket ?"

Andy A, Andy B....who do we want Andy "Cee".

Its a pity that its on a Friday.......will have to see what i can do about work on saturday!

toenibbler said:
wouldnt mind goin 2 this, after only seein part of his set @ sunshine last yr, i crave some more andy c .. just need to org the rest of my crew so i aint all like .. "sooOO who else has a ticket ?"

I got mine thats for sure ;) and im positive *IRISH* and Red Koi have or are getting theres. So be rest assured some 'crew' will be there repin it JUNGLIST stylez! =D

Love to see the Andy C but I think I might be all DnB'd out after the last couple of months. Carl Cox on the other hand....

Looks like ticket sales have done well. Metros is gonna get torn apart by the "EXECUTIONER". Heard reviews from NZ and seems like they had a sweet time. Bring on Australia Day madness!!

is it in any danger of selling out in the next couple of days? I wouldnt mind seeing this but depends on fundage.

Yeah possibly, but try Narcissist Clothing or Planet Video. They should have tix left

yeah was told narc still had tickets left .. if all goes 2 planb i should be gettin mine 2morro (should have already gotten it .. but once again i left it up 2 a friend 2 get me one and alas .. not achieving this)

Yeah Planet had 200 left as of Thursday or something and Narc just ran out of industries on Fri or Sat, but AFAIK they still have regular tix available. Mills had ~40 on Saturday as well iirc... get in quick ;D

zephyr said:
got tickets- might bump into some of you there.

Cool , will most likely bump into ya Zeph , drag Mister Duck along to this as well me reckons ;)

i went into narcissist yesterday and picked up tickets for myself and a friend. I had heard they were sold out of industry tickets, with regular tickets still available - but I was sold them at $50 each so who knows... :) I'm usually organised a bit further in advance, so this leaves me with a shorter period of time to fire up! w00t

Fire it up !! 1 more sleep...Cant wait to hear some dnb come out of Metros sound system....damn im itching like a fiend. *goes and puts on Andy C live @ Godskitchen Global Gathering 2005*

^ you are seriously the most dnb passionate people I have ever met in my life. See you there, Naths coming too.

yeh astro that system is so prime for dnb.should we have a meet up at say...kizons office at midnight? ok meet you all there.