Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drugs in real life situations

shadows

Bluelighter
I went to a carnival the other night which was quite quiet and a tad boring. I was told that the guys running this ride that played fast techno were all on speed and crystal meth so they could maybe enjoy the work or be more aware and/or quick. I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge of other people using any kind of drugs for work or for example meth to stay up and study all night or even stories of drugs they or friends have taken during sporting events or any kind of imput would make an interesting read for everyone i think. People hear about drugs all the time but you guys tell me examples of their use in different situations.
PLUR, and a happy new years!!!=D

i find meth isnt really a dangerous drug to be on, really just gives you energy to stay awake and your not really a danger to anyone except maybe driving

i have a feeling a lot of bouncers at dance clubs take drugs to stay awake and maybe enjoy the night also

The state some of the long haul truck drivers are in when they arrive to load/unload at work is shocking.Its truely scary that they are driving around semi's utterly fucked on meth to stay awake/benzos to sleep.

i train and ride horses for three day events (its an olympic sport - im from mark todds country!!!) and i can tell u that part of my talent is due 2 smoking meth - i just hav no fear wen im tweaking, i can get on one of my clients young horses, neva bn ridden before and ill just sit on it till it stops trying 2 get me off
its not a dangerous drug for me either, except that afta a couple of yrs doing several points a day it does start fucking wiv ur head - ur patience gets shorter and shorter and u start 2 feel more and more paranoid and less and less sociable wen u r tweaking
i made a resolution 2 give up this yr for 6 months but the detox clinics not open yet and evry time i try i end up on my fucking knees trying 2 get my 'last' hit
all drugs hav their gd and bad points i guess
and i drive better on meth then not - ive got 2 that point where if im not on meth im verrrrry sleepy

DAMN that was the drugs talking, i say such dumb shit wen im tweaking - as of lately ive actually started doing BETTER in competition cos i dont have meth fueled over-confidence, impulsivity and aggression
and now i actually remember my dressage tests 8)

Last edited:
I have a mate who use to always smoke a bowl before his art essays because he felt it allowed to have a edge on the other students because he could be more unique in his writing and access parts of his mind the other sober students couldn't

wiv art that mite b right - marijuana seems 2 bring out the creative side of sum ppl

yeah thats true, for me its not so much creative just a completely different state of mind therefor thinking bout things i usually wouldn't and in more depth which yeah i guess is weed in itself

Plenty of people used dexamphetamine in high school for studying and in exams, some also keep on using now for uni. I'm sure this will be no news to most.

one night at the end of the semester at uni a couple off years ago one off our exchange students girls was going home, i wasn't planning on having big one cause i had a exam in the morning. anyway, we wound up having a big one dropping a couple of pills and the next minute i was lieing on my couch panicing that i have really fucked up. i felt my only option was to have two points off meth and a strong espresso.
in three hours i cranked out 14 pages of dribble, which i wound up getting a credit for, i can usally write two -three pages an hour, i got lucky that time, would never do it again, i had a bad comedown that arvo cause i though i had fucked it, didn't get the results for five weeks later. learnt a big lesson that day.

I've used amphetaines for study. I find that they are much better for when you have to summerize notes (a boring task, particularly when its statisitics) rather than for essays and tests because that requires alot more thought and preparation. I've used marijuana to make all kinds of boring situations abit more interesting, its no good for study though

Took half tab of nice acid years ago during one of my night life drawing classes, it was interesting, but found it difficult to keep focused one thing a time, my mind and ideas was all over the place. It was fun, but wouldn't do it again.

Couple of years ago, took a small dose of 2c-i when I used work as Nightfill Manager at this supermarket, because it was the most boring job ever, but the 2c-i made the night interesting, watching the colourful products changing colours and moving. :D

i use codeine and poppy seed wash to help handle my chronic jaw pain, as well as the severe jitters i get from the anti-depressants i just started taking . . .

also to help sleep . . .

in fact i can say before i started taking "soft" opiates, i was a freakin' wreck in constant pain . . .

the fine line of addicition is a hard one to walk though, and occasionally i find myself using too many times in a week for my liking . . .

but im not going to turn into a junkie like my mother, so i keep things under control . . .

Sometimes when I'm working an all nighter (10-5am), I'll much a point of base over the evening. Besides keeping me awake, it makes working in a bar much more fun. I feel more on the level with the customers and dont need a break (which gets me good with the bosses).

Only problem is, when I get home, I generally cant sleep for a few hours.

^^Yep drug use is pretty rife in hospitality. When I worked in a nightclub in Melbourne I took more drugs at work than anywhere else at any other time in my life. Like Jimity I worked some pretty long hours doing shifts from 10pm-10am and sometimes later. At the start I used to just drink my way through work but found that by the early hours of the morning I'd be drunk and well that would upset the boss, but if I took drugs he wouldn't mind so much because he figured it made up work better. I guess I was probably abusing drugs whilst working behind the bar because they were so plentiful due to dealers giving you freebies to stay on the good side of things and enable them to work more easily. At the start it was just a bit of speed to keep going through the night but then it escalated to speed, pills, k, g and pretty much whatever I felt like.

Most of the guys behind the bar like me would be pretty trashed as we figured the more trashed we were the nicer we were to customers and therefore more tips. Theory worked pretty well. The glassies would generally be pretty amped up on speed as it was beneficial to their job having to be quick at picking up glasses all night.
Friends who worked in other bars and clubs used to take drugs aswell to make work more enjoyable but not quite to the extent as it was at the venue I worked at.

I think recreational drugs also make the odd appearance in sport. I play hockey at fairly high level and used to have to go straight from work sometimes so I'd get there in a pretty trashy state. My solution to this was to have a line or 2 before I got out of the car. Not the greatest idea really as the negative health impacts and dangers are obvious but I had a crazy thought process of not wanting to let my team down and that taking more drugs was the only way to not let them down. Never occured to me at the time that I just shouldn't get fucked up at work. I also used to play cricket with some guys who would regularly rock up off their face and would be ducking back to their car during drinks breaks to do lines or drop a pill. Silly stuff really.

In retrospect I'm glad I'm past that point in my life. It was fun, but messy and ultimately not good for me.

Beech

What - you mean doofs aren't "real life"?????

I have had coworkers drop acid on 2 separate occasions (once in a hardware shop, once in a lab), then had to cover for them as they went silly. If only they'd stuck to good honest workaday drugs like looey ;)

I can just imagine the headlines if a journo was to get a hold of this thread, it would be a goldmine for their creative reporting techniques...

'Teenagers using drugs to get through highschool exams'...

A bump of meth to last an evening of poker isn't unknown. Is that not real life enough? Maybe the bump of meth the next day to make it through work after the night of poker ;)

I try to avoid using substances just to make day to day things or work more bearable, something about that just doesn't sit well with me....

To get more out of music and other recreations on the other hand.... ;)

Just make sure you don't overdo things in "real world" environments. At least dance parties and clubs are generally well equipped to deal with people who have overindulged...

Just saying, you don't want to end up like this guy ;)

I've had plenty of friends who do take drugs in these situations but personally, I'm quite anal about keeping a line between recreation and work/real life situations. It's not like I won't as a definite... maybe, someday.

Also I can definitely agree with what beech is saying about the hospitality industry. It's remarkable just how deeply drugs proliferate in that particular scene and in some venues it's pretty normal for all the staff to be on drugs. For example, I know a few clubs have a "special room" set aside just for staff to do drugs, and those drugs are thoughtfully provided by management and "friends" of the venue.

^^ I worked in hospitatlity for a few years and have to third that notion, drugs in that industry are rife, not that I complained, but I don't think I really ever paid for drugs while I was working in the 'club scene'....

I use codeine and other perscription opiates fairly regularly at work, I have a pretty high stress job and I'm the only one here who can do it, so when it gets busy I get pretty strung out, I find they help me relax and remain focused...