• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bringing Amphetamine & other prescription drugs into oz...

its_k_time

Greenlighter
Hey, i'm in India at the moment and many prescription drugs are easily acquired OTC. Will i have much trouble with customs bringing in amphetamine, codeine or xanax?? I believe i'm supposed to have a prescription with me, but would this be necessary?

Any information would be helpful...
Cheers

hmmm....what do you look like, k_time? so as we at LE know who to keep an eye out for and let pass freely.

if you / luggage don't get searched or drugs found, you may be lucky. though i hear the ion scanners at major internatinals are now ref. standard calibrated for most commonly smuggled drugs....

3 2 1

nanobrain said:
though i hear the ion scanners at major internatinals are now ref. standard calibrated for most commonly smuggled drugs....
That's interesting. Bear in mind though you only get ion scanned on *departure* from Oz - as it's primarily an anti-terrorism measure. IDK where you're flying from but Mumbai airport is widely regarded as the shittiest in the world - they can't even afford moderately sanitary toilets, let alone ion scanners ;)

All bags are x-rayed on arrival into Australia, though - but they haven't introduced body x-raying yet, like in the US. If they find the pills, you'll be in a world of shit. Really not worth it IMO.

anyway nanobrain's right -
(Guidelines: here)------------------------------------------------------->(this thread: here)

^i was ion scanned repeatedly on coming back from SEA / Indian Subcontinent in Melbourne and Sydney, this was a couple years back...at that point, they did not have the scanners calibrated for drugs yet.

i have also been scanned on domestic flights, departure and arrival, at the most trivial and small airports you'd never think would bother.

Wow - that's never happened to me in the last year, out of some 30 or so international flights. Good to know though :) Let me just check we have the same understanding of what ion scanning is (I can be a bit slow): are they the jobbies that look like dustbusters with a sticky thing they swipe over your bag? (sorry for non-technical language).

in regards to valium/xanax/a heap of other prescription drugs of a similar nature I took them both in and out of USA, from Australia only recently. I'm guessing those type of pills are commonly prescribed for long flights anyway and the airport crew didn't seem to either notice or care less, although all bags were scanned.

If you have a legit prescription and the amount of drugs you have is within that prescription, and it's legal to possess these drugs in the country you are traveling to, then you'll be fine. Those are the things you need to check, because a prescription from another country will mean fuck all if the drugs are banned outright at your destination.

And assuming that it actually is OK, make sure you've actually got your prescription with you, in a place where you can produce it on demand. That'll save you a ton of trouble.

But if you're asking these questions so you can smuggle stuff you're not supposed to have, then you will most likely get caught. Don't try it.

well i think i'll be ok with xanax - as its just really a sleeping tablet and i do a lot of long distance travel...

As long as you prescription doesn't say "10 tablets" and you rock up with 100, you should be right with xanax. But as I said, keep your prescription with you at all times.

I use to take these diet pills to lose weigth they came in a set of the one to tkk in the day time were duramine simular to amphetamine and the one at night was domicum simular to xanax. I have had no problem brinmging them in from thailand, but i did have presiption for them

All the drugs its_k_time are talking about can be bought without prescription in India, which is the problem (as he said, he bought them OTC - over the counter). No prescription = illegal possession in Australia. It's up to you whether you want to take the risk.

The dudes controlling the ion scanners are tools. I know it is good having them there because it does make me feel safer but my mate had walked through the metal detector thing, was standing there waiting for me to walk through and was tested and interrogated because he looked like he had "no purpose to be in an airport."

It may be because im drunk but that really shitted me. He would have been standing there a max of 4 seconds and he got interrogated and harassed by this guy with a little wand thing!

Slightly offtopic: how good are the ion scanners? ie if i have had pills, powders and whatever in my wallet at some point in the last month . . would it detect any traces leftover of this? (im not talking a line sitting in the bottom of the notes part of my wallet. . maybe a few grains tho)

^they are as good as the sensitivity setting they are calibrated to, which is verry sensitive for explosives, but i doubt very sensitive for drugs - LE wouldn't want to have them go off everytime someone is scanned who may have smoked dope a week ago or came into second-hand contact.

The one my mate got tested by was explosives only. It had a sticker on the monitor that the result came up on and i was watching the result and i didnt see anything relating to drugs. Not to say there isnt ion drug testers but this particular one was explosives only.

friends of mine have brought back stockpiles of Caverta from Thailand, made in India.

you only get x-rayed at sydney international airport with the quarantine xrays, so if you happen to have something in your pocket (provided the dogs cant smell it?) who is going to know you have it there?

OT: I don't know where your information comes from keystroke, but there are definitely IonScanners in use at Sydney airport, because I have been scanned there with one. The staff member who pulled me aside for a <5 min scan with the little yellow felt-tip wand after the security X-ray check of hand-luggage explained it was a screening for explosives detection; swiped the wand over the handle of my bag, inside my bag around the top, my hands and belt area; passed the felt into the machine, confirmed my sample cleared and sent me on my way.

BigTrancer :)

^yap, that what they do. my laptop, ass and hands, all electronic devices, handluggage, as well as ears got the swab treatment.

this also inpart depends on your itinerary - in the US for example, they use a code system, which assigns a weigthed average risk factor prediction based on your ticket info - get the special code, off to the side you go to get the stripdown. and you will get the special code if you go something like Aus-US(1 day)-Mexico(2 days)-US(1 day) for example.

i really hate it when the smiling customs officers cut apart you custom handmade Mexicna leather carrybag...

Pleonastic said:
As long as you prescription doesn't say "10 tablets" and you rock up with 100, you should be right with xanax. But as I said, keep your prescription with you at all times.

I got the same response to my question over
HTML:
<a href="http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=355614">here</a>
. I don't HAVE my prescription because when it was written for me, I handed it over to the pharmacist and never saw it again.
Does an official hospital seal with my name on it, printed on the bottle, count as a legit prescription?

aunty establishment said:
That's interesting. Bear in mind though you only get ion scanned on *departure* from Oz - as it's primarily an anti-terrorism measure. IDK where you're flying from but Mumbai airport is widely regarded as the shittiest in the world - they can't even afford moderately sanitary toilets, let alone ion scanners ;)

All bags are x-rayed on arrival into Australia, though - but they haven't introduced body x-raying yet, like in the US. If they find the pills, you'll be in a world of shit. Really not worth it IMO.

anyway nanobrain's right -
(Guidelines: here)------------------------------------------------------->(this thread: here)

Recently been to USA, LAX to be exact and SanFrancisco- NO X-RAY. Just A photo and fingerprints at customs on entry. If they were going to have Body Xray- They would have had it at LAX for sure... (yeah i've seen it on TV too, it's obviously still getting perfected).

SpecTBK=D