Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[melb] Wine & Cheese appreciation picnic - 3rd Jan - Botanical Gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

katmeow

Bluelight Crew
Ok... so seeing as it's been discussed in both the wine thread and the cheese thread, but no-ones made a thread yet, I'll do the honours ;)

Due to a number of interstate visitors descending on Melbourne early in the new year, it seems a good time for the:

~WINE AND CHEESE APPRECIATION PICNIC~

Date: Tuesday 3rd January 2006

Place/Time: 11am meet at the Queen Victoria Markets to purchase picnic goodies, then onto the Botanical Gardens at 12pm

How does this sound to everyone? Suggestions welcomed. I'm not from Melbourne so someone will need to fill in the finer details on where exactly to meet and what not.

I'll leave this here for a week or so, then move it over to events.

i'm there! :D

can't wait!

all credit to the lovely potato of course for this little brain child! ;)

Yah. In. :D

When potato and I had a discussion bout' this in the wine thread, it was going to be an afternoon thing. But things could've changed.

It doesn't bother me either way... just clarifying.... so see y'all there.

Oh.. and I know we've got MP and Nickyj as our interstate visitors... is there anymore? You Kat?

I was just going on the times that had been posted in the cheese thread - if people would prefer it to start a little later we should go with whatever suits everyone best.

And yes, I'm about 95% confirmed to be down there from 2nd-9th Jan :)

Nah Katmeow is spot on. Not everyone has to come to the markets of course.

It IS an afternoon thing - it starts at noon. It'll go til the gardens close at 6 (at least) hence the slightly early start time.

If you're planning on coming later and want food/wine/goodies of any variety, just PM me and I'll buy them for you at the markets, then you can pay me back later.

This should be fun - a bunch of broken bluelighters set loose in beautiful surrounds with good food, wine and company.

I'm so looking forward to this. I'll be there with my beret on.

In France, they sit on the grass in parks at lunchtime and drink wine and eat cheese with chunks of bread. Then sleep. We probably won't sleep. But it will be very French anyway ;)

Sounds good... but I dunno if meeting you katty will be a good idea... U just might corrupt my poor melb bl'ers?

I'll message someone after I finish work to see whats going on.. =D

It'll be my first day back at work *boo hiss* but I can't think of a more fitting way to ease my way back into 9-5.

I will most likely be burnt, 2kg lighter and with random pieces of ouchy things embedded in my feet due to extended period doofing over new years - but i'll most definatley be THERE! :)

I'm soooo there! :D Preferably next to Popavich in the "broken as hell" section ;) :D

I dare say the lovely Zephyr will be joining us for this one too :D =D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.