Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[MELB] Melbourne Shuffler DVD launch - 17/12 @ Westgate park

TheCrackWizard

Greenlighter
Hey all, after much much much hard work in the scene and in the studio, The Melbourne Shuffler DVD is just about ready for launch. Come down and celebrate the release of our Biography of Melbourne's dance culture, we'll be running al day until it gets dark enuff for the DEBUT SCREENING of the DVD!

Westgate Park, Port Melbourne - 12noon December 17

By 'running all day' you mean music right?

Like, who's playing? Anyone we know?

That's just around the corner from me, might have a look.

Hey Potato we should make a day of it.. gather some bler's up and head down... "awww come on...... " PM me..

Underground Epidemic Productions (UEP) wish to invite you to the launch of the “Melbourne Shuffler” Documentary. A project we have dedicated ourselves to for the past 2 years ensuring that we would present the dance that we love, encompassed in a raw, edgy visual showcase that investigates the “soul” of Melbourne’s own dance. Throughout our journey we were amazed & thankful about the amount of support & encouragement we received from many different people from all across our diverse scene. Many of these people are helping us put together this FREE party, so we can celebrate Melbourne’s “Rockers” and the people involved in helping make our scene what it is. Come and enjoy a party that helps celebrate one of the world’s most underground dance forms.

flyerstart_dave5_4web2_2.jpg

FREE OUTDOOR DAY PARTY 17th December 2005
10AM - 9PM - followed by documentary screening

SECRET LOCATION REVEALED
UNDER THE WESTGATE BRIDGE, WESTGATE PARK
(OFF TODD RD.) Opposite the Go Karts

2 BANGING DANCEFLOORS & 1 LARGE SCREEN

DJ LINEUP
In No Particular Order

HARD DANCE/HARD TRANCE (AREA A)

St Luke - 3D, GOD
Karl Brown - Bass Station
Andy Golden - Elevation, Tuned
Elite - Elevation, Tuned
Rob Klasic - Bass Station
Compound - Bass Station
Ben Kakoschke - BPM
Benny Drohan - BPM
Master Kaos
Scott Alert - Kandy, Trauma
Soul-T - PHD
and the Forums own..
Fusion - Bubble
Karpe DM - PHD

PSY TRANCE/BREAKS/TECHNO/BANGING ACID TECHNO (AREA B)

Richie Rich - Hardware - Breaks
Brewster B - Breaks
Siaqua - SMUG records - Psy Trance
2Energyv - SMUG records - Psy Energy
Luke Shaminax - Psy Trance
Disko Pussy - Teriyaki Anarki Saki, Earthcore - Techno
Jay Slack - Teriyaki Anarki Saki - Techno
Side A - Wet Music - Techno
Dee Dee - Teriyaki Anarki Saki - Techno
Slieker - Teriyaki Anarki Saki, Monotremes - Techno
Scott Alien - Virus, 909 - Banging Acid Techno
Itchy - Virus, 909 - Banging Acid Techno

Official After Party is Pharmacy vs. Krankin @ Cage

Hey this sounds alright now, free party around the corner from my house = Jackpot!

in case you haven't heard about it already......

The Melbourne Shuffler Documentary

Beginning in the late 80’s in Melbourne’s underground party scene, a revolutionary freestyle dance began to grow and has now developed into the most unique and robust dance style since the birth of Break-dancing.
Initially grown from the roots of acid Techno/house music along with back stepping and psychedelic arm movements.
The Melbourne Shuffle has no set steps but encourages individuality and imagination, incorporating dance moves from numerous styles such as miming, popping & locking, liquid and breaking. But the basis of the Melbourne Shuffle has traditionally been the footwork either performed sliding left to right, on the spot or in a triangular direction, but is evolving everyday. Known as “Rocking” to the Melbourne locals the name Melbourne Shuffle has been derived from overseas visitors and the media trying to describe this phenomenon. The Melbourne dancers don’t dance for competition or to show off but for themselves, for fun and self-expression. Learning by watching other dancers and incorporating variations into their own style they create an individual style representing their own personality.
The DVD production will trace back the early beginnings of the Shuffle and show how it has evolved and progressed into what it is today.

It will contain interviews with Melbourne’s Dancers and local and international Dj’s such as Ed Real (Nukleuz, UK), DJ Isaac (Holland), Lab 4 (UK), Leeroy Thornhill (X-Prodigy Dancer), Pascal Feliz (Holland), Scott Alert, DJ Compound, Richie Rich, Itchy, Scott Alien, Sleiker, Kelstar, Pip (x-Earthcore), Mark One, Garth (Smile Police), Ben Kakoschke, Soul-T, Andy Golden, St.Luke, Luke Shaminax and E-LIT-3 and many more...

The documentary soundtrack will include tracks from over 10 Melbourne producers such as Scott Alert, Siaqua, 2Energy, Soundyndrome, NFX, Itchy & The Geezer, Brewster B, Nick Compound, Benny Drohan, E-LIT-3 and Ben Kakoschke creating an eclectic collection of Psy-Trance, Breaks, Acid Techno, Hard Dance and Hard House.

Special Features Include - Multi-angle DJ lesson, A day in the life of Ben Kakoschke, Steps to Party Organization, How to Shuffle, History of the Shuffle and Extra Dance Footage.

This is gonna be an awesome day! Wicked line up for free, westgate events always rock and the dvd finally! Can't wait :)

Can't wait for this... got some great new killah tracks to play too! Woohoo! :D

went to this from about 11 till 2 scattered from the night b4 so ended up too wrecked to stay any longer. did things pick up in the afternoon??

<3

^Oh man... I don't like hearing this at all. :(.
I remember holding an event last year and something similar hapenning.
Is it too much to ask that people don't bring weapons into these places? These events are put on for the people. ::Shakes head::

I really liked the venue of this place.. very nice.. relaxed enviroment, great documentary, pitty about the E-tard that was standing in front of the screen but yay for Patato for carrying him away...

*na na na na BATMAN!!*

P.s The cookie Monster, by the time I got there which was around 6pm it looked very much a party place..

Well this was one of the most poorly organised/ran events of 2006 for sure. The 2 dj 'areas' back to back meant the foldback was bouncing off each other. Lots of the dj's who had any sense pulled out of this. The headphones jack was pulled out of it's socket simply by a dj pulling out his headphones. No spare units at all for backup so the dj (slieker) had to play without headphones.

And all the e-tards there, 'twas to be expected by the stupid beat up of 'the melbourne shuffle' these days. Rave hard guys 8) 8) 8)

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
^Oh man... I don't like hearing this at all. :(.
I remember holding an event last year and something similar hapenning.
Is it too much to ask that people don't bring weapons into these places? These events are put on for the people. ::Shakes head::

He didnt bring a weapon as such.
From what I know so far a man was stabbed in the neck with a broken bottle.
This happened quite late in the evening, on the street outside the actual park venue,there was about 10 mins of the DVD left to be played. The man was rushed to hospital and the police came and shut the party down.

Because of this, it possibly means that we will never be able to hold any parties at this venue again, and there may also be other ramifications. This is a shame because we held Smurfadelic at this venue awhile back and it was a successful party and a lot of fun, we were hoping to be able to use this venue again throughout the summer.
The dmf crew are very upset about this incident.

Im not 100% sure what provoked the attack on the man at this stage.

Last edited:
Its got a thumbs up from me. For a free party, I think they did goto alot off work to get it going. I had a really fun day, didnt have a problem with the sound or anything, afew crackle's here and there but shit happens, what do u expect for nothing, I think they did a really mad job. Apart from all thi dik heads jumping up in front of the screen, and some freak wif a bottle next to my car, I had a really good day. Thanks Guys, It Rocked!!!