Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

natural stimulants/amphetamines

LittleHedgehog

Bluelighter
ok, i've searched, and don't think there's any previous threads on this, so..

a friend was telling me about a tree - 'caht' or something?
it's found growing around random backyards, generally in older suburbs.
if you happen to have one of these trees in your yard your likely to be pestered by assorted people, usually of african decent, coming to get some leaves for their "cooking".
truth be told, chewing the leaves (or something) actually has a stimulant, amphetamine-like effect. apparently.

i am interested.
i think i know someone who has one of these trees.

does anyone know anything about something similiar to what i've described above?

Sounds like khat

The stuff is alright. If you do know where some is it is worth trying. If there are other people eating it then it might be it. Check the pictures on erowid and see if it looks the same. Its not strong like an amphetamine though.

Kratom is known to be a stimulant in low doses.

It's (now) illegal in Australia, but it's still about.

kratom (mitragyna speciosa) is a stimulant in low doses but the plant little hedgehog is asking about it catha edulis - khat, now that you know what your looking for you should be able to work it out from pics and descriptions on the net

Are you asking what are natural stimulants or where you can find khat?

What about Guarana, Caffeine and even Piperazines which some people call a pepper extract(hardly seems natural though). You can find Ephedra too.

Khat is a new one too me, but I am off on Kat's Erowid link to boffinate myself on the subject.

However... sounds like Ephedra sinensis. Perhaps you should look into that it is easy to propogate from seed.

Just by way of update to my last statement (post Erowid and further research);

Catha edulis (Khat) is equally as available as Ephedra sinensis. In addition, all stimulant matters aside, both of these plants are a good idea for anyone looking at having a manageable garden in Australia as both are very drought resistant species.

Im off to start preparing a garden bed ;)

yep, i think khat is it.
thankyou.
good old erowid.

you say this can be grown in Australia, eggman?
like . . one could walk into a nursery and purchase a catha edulis plant?

yes they can be grown in australia. do a search on the net and youll find places in australia that sell it, im not sure if its a common nursery plant so your local might not have it. then again you never know

Used to have a small Khat tree when I lived in Brisbane that I brought from a market stall in a hippy town down near the NSW/QLD border.

It was pretty hardy plant, one stage picked all the leaves off a approx 70-80cm tall bushy, stil survived and grew back all the leaves in no time, chewed the leaves the same way the South Americans chew their coca leaves, not a strong amp-like effect, more like strong coffee with bit more engery boost. Was handy some days before I started my nightshifts. They don't taste that nice.

It's native to Africans kinda like South Americans used Coca leaves and Africans used Khat. There was a interesting docomentary on SBS few years back about Khat culture in Africa.

Becareful don't chew too much it can make you pretty dehyrated in some cases and produce mild headaches sometimes heartburn like effect maybe due my diet or "previous" heavy drinking habit.

Probably still in the frontyard if anyone used to know where I lived down Brisvegas. :D

yeah khat and Kratom are both now on the list in .au.. i personally hate both, krotom gives you werid panda eyes when you use to much and khat, just makes me feel wired, like ive shot down 10 short blacks.. basically the people who use khat sudan/egypt/lybia and most of north africa, are just tribes folk that sit around a chew all day, also if a women chews khat is is seen as a whore..

-MoF0

I had two diferent khat cuttings given to me a while ago, but they ended up dying :|
I have tried it before, the effects was'nt terribly strong, as Urbanhog said, it feels a bit like caffeine in smaller doses, but there's more "energy" to it. Hard to explain.
It tasted like poison and ended up buring my throat out :)

mmmmm Kratom, still want some of that!

*adds to wish list* LOL

one of my mates bro's has a tree in his backyard and every now and then he has to chase off some asshole who's ripping off the leaves.
I think he cares more about them going into his backyard then stealing thre leaves

alot of taxi drives are into it its known as "chard "chad" some shit like that

LittleHedgehog said:
say this can be grown in Australia, eggman?
like . . one could walk into a nursery and purchase a catha edulis plant?

You are going to have to visit a lot of nursery's and talk to a lot of nursery type people before you find any Khat, if at all. Just look at how many people here know a little about it, you can be sure that most nursery types will be at least vaguely up to speed (no pun intended) with what it does. If you dont look like a 65 yo ex-botanist they will know what you are up to and just tell you they have none. Nursery folk are really up tight and generally always think they are going to get busted.

Unfortunately my friend you will have to learn the same way we all did and UTFSE. Probably not this one, use that other big one the kids are always talking about - through in your keywords, regulate yourself to Australia and NSW - you'll find it ;)

I've tried a few leaves at a time and I get a bit of energy, but as was said it is a lot like caffeine and unless you take a lot, its fairly subtle. I say its good for those times when you haven't had sleep but still have something to do. Summers coming around and it starts growing like crazy =D

Fun for a fairly easy accessable plant, you might want to look for this plant on the internet if you want your own :)

eggman88888 said:
You are going to have to visit a lot of nursery's and talk to a lot of nursery type people before you find any Khat, if at all. Just look at how many people here know a little about it, you can be sure that most nursery types will be at least vaguely up to speed (no pun intended) with what it does. If you dont look like a 65 yo ex-botanist they will know what you are up to and just tell you they have none. Nursery folk are really up tight and generally always think they are going to get busted.

Unfortunately my friend you will have to learn the same way we all did and UTFSE. Probably not this one, use that other big one the kids are always talking about - through in your keywords, regulate yourself to Australia and NSW - you'll find it ;)

its rather easy to find actually.

there ware quite a few australian ethnobotany websites that sell it, and other ethno plants.

^ Yeah thats kinda what I was getting at ;) trying not too give sources ;) ;)

Was also trying to pass the idea that this dude shouldn't expect to go to Bunnings or his local butthole nursery in town. Gosh!

hahahhaha i read about khat and found a tree that i thought was it and ate a few leaves, must of been sprayed with fertaliser or just some chemical in the plant coz it felt like my mouth was on fire and burning for about 4 hours, water didnt help - it was painfull