Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Nausea...AFTER pills?

Bent Mk2

Bluelighter
I've been lucky in the past that I don't normally suffer from the stereotypical comedowns (terrible Tuesdays, etc)...and whilst I've certainly slowed down in my old age I've come across a new problem.

Lately if I've had a big night out (once every couple of months, if that) I end up getting terrible nausea a couple of days later (ie pills on Saturday, wanna chuck on Monday)...and I just can't shake it, regardless of whether I've eaten and slept properly on the Sunday, etc.

I've done a search, but all I can find is nausea on the come up...not the come down. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else with a fix?

Cheers,
Bent

From people that I've talked to this is fairly common. I only really started noticing it happening after partying pretty hard for about three years, by which point my tolerance was through the roof and nausea was a pretty common element of the week after a big night out, usually lasting for a few days, peaking in intensity after the first 1.5/2 days.

It can get so bad that it makes it difficult to work or function properly.

Do you take 5HTP as a post-load? I find this can be a factor.

I don't (hadly have big nights anymore, so I've been a bit slack)...might give that a try. You're right, its a real pain the arse, I can put up with most things, but there's nothing worse than feeling like you need to vomit all day long!

Actually don't give it a try. What I meant was taking 5HTP contributed to my nausea.

Try taking 5-HTP with food, that seems to help settle the stomach for me anyway. On an empty stomach 5-HTP is very nauseating.

BigTrancer :)

Thought I'd give this a bump, had a few big weekends lately (after a big, big, big break) so I haven't pre/post-loaded with anything, and seriously suffered the next few days, not with the stereotypical 'terrible Tuesdays' but just with this overpowering need to vomit (and vomiting sadly didn't help!).

Anyone else suffer? Any tips?

far out man that sucks i get terrible tuesdays pretty bad, sometimes i just stay in bed and cant get to work but ive never thrown up

Have you tried using OTC anti-emetics like diphenhydramine? That could help.

Luckily for me, I usually just feel tired and space out the day after pills, and then the rest of the week I'm back to my usual manic and glorious self ;)

personally for the post-pill nausea i've found liver support, aka Herron "Detox" with milk thistle 6000, along with some vitamin c pills, a couple of liters water, and an advil or 3 for the headaches tends tp get rid of the sick feelings i get after a weekend on it...

but most the time, i don't even need to bother.
usually just feel tired, and thats even after eating 7-8 biccies on a saturday night.