Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ravesafe Melb celebrates a Dedicated Decade

mibrane

Bluelighter
10 years ago this month, after a few months getting our ideas together, Ravesafe hit the Melbourne scene.
Our first efforts were participating in the electronic music and digital art tv program on Channel 31 - Cyberthon Spectrum.
And our first appearance at a party was at Psychic Hamony with X-Tron at the late, much loved and lost, Global Village. Bonk Safe! Blast CLean! Dance Proud! Party Hard! formed the basis of our first fliers.
It took until Jan 97 to get the funding we wanted, and an other four years after that to be able to offer a year-round service
In that time we've participated in little forest doofs, to the week long Earthcore Millenium fest, from underground warehouse events to major stadium-sized dance parties.
We're having a host of activities to celebrate (check out events forum for our party) and listen into Dissident Dance 22:0) - mindight Tuesdays on www.subfm.org.
But we;'d love your reminescences to - if you've been part of a peer-ed team, if you've dumped a friend who was losing it on us so you could have a great night8) (no offense - thats what we're there for! :D ) or if you've just enjoyed our famous fresh fruit for brekky, post away!

You guys rock.

Your presence at any rave always improves the night in more ways than I can count. Congrats on 10 years of great work in the rave community.

those oranges are the best on a night out, keep up the good work.

My first encounter with Ravesafe was in South Africa in the mid 90's and I know they not related to you guys directly but they should be cos they stand for exactly the same principles as the name suggests of course.

Ravesafe all over the world you Rock !

A big thanks to ravesafe as they give up a lot of time to educate ppl