• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

brain fucked from drugs

dihydrogenmonoxide

Bluelighter
My brain is in terrible condition mostly from my drug use. Here is my history

15-16 perscribed wellbutrin for add for a few months, then switched to the maximum dose of effexor. was perscribed adderall. stopped using effexor. started prozac 80mg after i quit using mdma, continued with adderall. used cannabis, LOTS of mdma(around 50 pills in a few months), started methamphetmaine after quit mdma. did dxm, coke, n2o a few times.

17-18 lots of methamphetamine. large amount of n2o. taken off prozac and put on 50mg seroquel. stopped using meth, then stopped using seroquel. ate an entire oz of shrooms and did shrooms occasionally after that.

19-20 just shrooms, dmt, cannabis everyday, did meth for a couple months.

I am almost 20 now. I used methapmhetamine for a few months a few months ago. my brain is pretty fucked now. i just now started taking seroquel again.

Does anybody have any recommendations to help my brain repair, becides quit all drugs? I am currently taking a EFA blend (omega 3,6,9). I have heard that alpha lipoic acid helps in nerve cell repair. Thanks.

edit* HELPFUL comments only please. No one is ever totally "fucked", there is always something you can do to heal yourself and thats what we focus on here. Kthanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The bad news, Nerve cells in the Central Nervous System (the brain particularly) do not regrow. Once they're dead that's it. Quit the recreational use and start eating well and getting regular exercise. Goodluck.

I heard that nerve cells do regrow.

Ok what about situations where nerve cells arent completely killed, just the axons are fried, like with mdma.

I am not looking for a supplement like an amino acid that will throw my brain chemicals off balance more but help me thing better. Im looking for something that will help repair. Most importantly i want to not do more harm than good.

Does anybody know anything about "Lions Maine"?
http://www.shamanshop.net/store/pro...0/CategoryID/15500.0/SubCatID/3755.0/file.htm

New cells generally don't form, but exisitng cells have been shown to form new connections (I think). If you feel that you've overdone it with your chems, then abstinance, a good diet, excersize and lots of good fats will help. A good oil taken regularly (such as Udo's Choice blended oil) will help repair some of the oxidative stress.

Being so young doing alot of dugs before your brain develops is no good. I would be eating alot of nutrition and smart drugs. and no using drugs for a while. things should get alot better if you pt in the time and money. Like if you spent as much money on herbs, vitamins and nootropics ver the next couple of months as you would of spent on drugs you should be ok?

Abstinence from drugs, nutrition, diet and exercise are the first things you need to get sorted.

Next is trying to use your brain -- you'd be surprised how plastic it is, and by working at using it you'll find it easier every time.

Nootropics may be of some use, though the effect is different in everyone.

Consider acetyl-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid, piracetam, choline, fish oil (which you've already got covered).

Bacopa (Brahmi), ginseng and ashwagandha have been shown to promote axon/dendrite growth in various animal models... it has been proposed this may be the method of action of the so-called "adaptogens". They need to be taken for months to show reasonable effects.

I am a little sketched about doing more harm than good. I do not want to ingest ammino acids and throw off my ammino acid balance (ammino acids come from protien) or "smart drugs" that arent really meant to be in my body in the first place.

I take essential fatty acids because they are a food. I don't know about any of the other stuff. Can you claify what one you think are safe?

Amino Acids are a necessity, there are 20 key acids, without all 20 you die (the 20 can be modified to yield variations). Any excess amino acid will be broken down. Better to have too much than be deficient. Proteins are just thousands of amino acid residues all strung together. Of course you can ingest too much protein but the odds of that happening are low.

An amino acid doesn't work like a neurotransmitter (although tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin and other bio molecules), it won't screw with the brain chemistry. The body has many regulatory processes to keep most chemical levels at optimum. Just be careful with metal ions in vitamins. The body's sodium, potassium, calcium and iron levels are all very sensitive, don't take too much.

Nerve cells can regrow yes, but typically not brain cells. It has to do with the dense packing of the cells and the way the axons are insulated (oligodendrocites? or Schwann cells can't remember) If the axon is fried the action potential (the signal) can't go from one end to the other so the nerve cell is essentially useless, but it can branch from the cell body to a nearby nerve cell. So yes you can heal your brain in a sense but it won't be as strong as a virgin "unfried" brain.

Best of luck, diet and exercise are key, you'd be surprised how much what you ingest influences your state of mind. Also enroll in a class or two or apply to college, something to get the mind working. Basically quitting all drugs is the only option if you want to really get your mind in top form.
The more you use your mind the stronger it gets.

exercise, a highly varied diet, read/other mental activities, and meditate.

If you are doing all of those drugs, there is probably a reason. Find out what's bothering you.
Meditation is an excellent tool for this.

good luck :)

^^if you eat meat your are wasting your money

you only need a miniscule amount of b12, all of which easily comes from meat.

Nootropics, adaptogens, antioxidants, and mental exercise. If you aren't in school, start studying something that interests you, in depth. Exercising your cognitive/learning skills is the simplest and most effective way to regain lost intellect.

How does this "Neurorepair" supplement sounds:

NEURORECOVERY™ - 90 capsules
Adult Daily Dose: 3 - 6 capsules with meals
Reg. $31.00 - Special Price
Each three (3) capsules provide:
Vitamin B6 (aspyridoxine HCl)
50 mg.
VitaminB12, activated (as methylcobalamin)
1000 mcg
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)
1000 mcg
Folic Acid
900 mcg
Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA)
300 mg
N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine (NAC)
100 mg
Glutathione, Reduced (GSH)
25 mg
Inositol
200 mg
L-Glutamine
300 mg

is there anything i shold be adding becdies EFA?

im sorry to spoil the fun but you need to seriously change your life. a few dietary supplements wont do it for you. these supplements arent nessesary if you eat right.

what youre trying to do is eat these pills to `repair` the damage that the drugs have caused you. you see them as brain-repair medicine, only theres no such thing. the only thing that will help you (very slowly, at best) is what the other bluelighters have already said, eat right, exersise, keep the mind intrested and this will probably be difficult for you, because you have to change your whole lifestyle. just think "healty is cool" and you`ll be on your way.

personally i think keeping busy is most important cause you wont have time to think about the shitty things in life, and before you know it you`ll be liking life altogether.

try to see it as trying to get to into heaven, while youve lived like a criminal your whole life. its gonna take a lot of work, and not just one good deed.

ps. dont give up before youve tried.

oh my !
did i see Adderall ? meth? SSRI's ? ?? of course ur fucked up !

stick to opioids , they wont fuck you up as much as you would on stimulants.
its a fact!