Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Crystall Methaphetamine Purity Assuptions Smashed

mongman

Bluelighter
Crystal Methaphetamine Purity Assumptions Smashed

I thought this worth of a thread of its own, if only to get people to take notice of the facts I wish to present. As the tittle would suggest I recently consumed some crystal methamphetamine, reagent tested to be sure. It was in my opinion from both the reagent tests and appearance extremely pure product.
I may be able to dig up a photo of it from my archives, but for now I will describe it. Some shards were 4 cm long and weight up to 1/2 gram, they where also terminated crystalline structures. I had never seen meth. with terminated crystal structure before. I was very excited, and for good reason, it turned out to be killer product and kept me up off about 25 - 30 mg smoked. I had no tolerance as I hadn't taken any amphetamine for more than 6 months.

Later that week I had a drug test at a pathology, I knew the methamphetamine would show up and so did the doctor. This was disclosed before the test, however when the results came back it was found that I had oxazepam and nitrazepam in my body as well. I hadn't taken either of these drugs before and the only conclusion I can arrive at is that it was in the meth.
I suggested this to the doctor and asked if smoking the substance would have destroyed them. Apparently they would not have broken down enough that I didn't receive significant doses of them.
I was shocked to find out that this substance I had assumed was relatively pure with the addition of some _inactive_ adulterants had other ACTIVE adulterants... both anxiety medications strangely enough.

Can anyone provide personal experience where they have hard scientific firsthand proof of similar situations?

edited: for spelling

Last edited:
very very very interesting idea. BUT; is it actually possible? Can those substances be crystallised?

I have no idea about how they fit into the crystalline structure this methamphetamine came in.

I just know that they can't have came from ANY other source as I took no other drugs for weeks and the doctor (who is regularly exposed to drug abuse) was not really that surprised...

Last edited:
Nitrazepam doesn't react with Marquis as far as I'm aware, but unfortunately a known reagent test for oxazepam is to react with formaldehyde and sulphuric acid (different mixture than marquis) whereby it turns orange. It's quite possible it will react in a similar fashion with Marquis, which would explain why your test came back as only meth.

If you wanted to clean any meth thought to be contaminated with oxazepam or nitrazepam, then you could simply do a cold water extraction on your meth. The meth HCl will dissolve, but the others are listed as practically insoluble in water.

Many things can be crystallised together, depending upon technique and skill. Some additives can actually make crystallisation of some compounds easier, although as a general rule contaminants usually make crystallisations more difficult.

anyone got any idea why you would cut meth with these benzos? better buzz or something?

only time ive used benzos with meth is when ive wanted to goto sleep, so to me cutting meth with them seems odd.

^ As I mentioned, some additives can actually make crystallisation of some compounds easier, or produce better looking crystals. My guess is that it was done for more money and/ or for better (bigger?) crystals.

Hm, I hadn't thought about the water solubility of these compounds. That's a good one phase dancer.

Regarding why this was done, the reasons p_d suggested would make sense.
The fact that the compounds it was cut with are anti anxiety meds. could also be a key reason?

There must be significant amounts of these substances in it for a urine test to come back positive for them. Usually the cut-off levels are reasonably high?

phase_dancer said:
Nitrazepam doesn't react with Marquis as far as I'm aware, but unfortunately a known reagent test for oxazepam is to react with formaldehyde and sulphuric acid (different mixture than marquis) whereby it turns orange. It's quite possible it will react in a similar fashion with Marquis, which would explain why your test came back as only meth.

If you wanted to clean any meth thought to be contaminated with oxazepam or nitrazepam, then you could simply do a cold water extraction on your meth. The meth HCl will dissolve, but the others are listed as practically insoluble in water.

Many things can be crystallised together, depending upon technique and skill. Some additives can actually make crystallisation of some compounds easier, although as a general rule contaminants usually make crystallisations more difficult.

So using a micron filter and IV'ing the crystal should effectively filter out these adulterants?

So using a micron filter and IV'ing the crystal should effectively filter out these adulterants?

I'm not advising for a moment that this should be attempted, but if you're determined to do it, then using a minimum amount of cold water should mostly only dissolve the desirable, and as you've mentioned, a filter should also help [no guarantees though- technique can be everything].

Unless these products were simply present as contaminants from the insides of a bag or bottle used to store the crystal, then I'd suggest steering right away from it. Could you be sure the next batch would even contain the same mixture, or would it be just what was lying around that happened to work ok (crystallize)?

Please don't flame me if this a stupid suggestion because I know nothing of benzo's but:

If they're anti anxiety meds, would they take the edge off the edginess you feel while you on meth, or more so, while you're coming down??

Shoot the messenger?

I'm curious about this... to me, a false positive on the test is at least as likely as adulteration of meth with nitrazepam/oxazepam. What kind of test was performed (urine, blood, other; and then how was this assayed?)?

Both nitrazepam and oxazepam have fairly short half-lives (nitrazepam 15-38hrs, oxazepam 4-15hrs; from benzo.org.uk). If you smoked 30mg of crystal, how much of this do you think was oxazepam/nitrazepam? 5mg? How much made it into your system after smoking? Maybe a dose equivalent to 2mg diazepam, with most of it metabolised within 2 days at the outside. And yet... it showed up in the test.

Frankly - I'd be more likely to believe pills (as against meth) were adulterated with benzos. If you say you didn't have anything Mongman, I totally believe you. Which really only leaves a false positive test as the reasonable explanation. Comments??

Mongman, was the bulb you used a clean one or that old filthy thing that has been lying around for ages? That has had many previous samples put through. cross contamination even???

EDIT: It was a completely new bulb as I wanted to assess the purity by observing if a residue was left over. For those who don't know, the fact that no residue is left once you have smoked the crystal methamphetamine does not indicate that it is pure. It merely indicates the lack of particular cutting agents.

Hm, ayjay: I hadn't even considered a false positive, is this common? The test type was urine and just your standard pathology drug test. Do the use EMIT for am I way off mark? The test used was specifically to detect drugs, and I hadn't taken any other substances at all.

According to IDU's I know most benzo's are not favoured for injection with the exception of Dormicum (sp?)..... I say favoured because injecting any pill type benzo is very dangerous

Last edited:
I'd say false positive from something you ate or whatever too more likely than something in the meth....google will probably give you some examples of what causes false positives but I guess you never know....

If you really, really wanted to find out, because you plan on getting more of this stuff, and are deadset on doing it, why not go clean for a while and then have a test before and after taking some of it? Im not sure if these anti-anxiety drugs would have any health risks, but you want to know for sure if it was contaminated...

I was actually very much clean before taking the test. So there was no other explanation as far as I could see.

As far as health risks go I would be more concerned about the high addiction potential of benzos! It would definitely bring people back for more of the stuff....

^if you were using the meth frequently enough to be at risk of becoming dependent on possible benzo adulterants, you'd also be at risk of becoming habituated to the meth! The kind of rigorous testing you would need to know exactly what was in your product just isn't available to the average punter. You migh be able to get a more rigorous test performed on your original urine sample, to rule out false positives, if there is any left. You might have to pay for this. But frankly - why bother. It sounds like quality product - use it with the respect it deserves and play it by ear :\