Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Korean Film: Taegukgi hwinalrimyeo (The Brotherhood of War)

fengtau

Bluelight Crew
Taegukgi hwinalrimyeo (The Brotherhood of War)

When a group of Korean archeologists find a skeleton and identify it, they call the brother, Lee Jin-Seok, who is now an old man, to tell him that they have found his brother's body, who died in the Korean War. We travel from the present to 1950, when the Korean War started. Jin-Seok and Jin-Tae, Jin-Seok's brother, are young men who suddenly find themselves catapulted into a bloody world so different from their quiet, rural lives. As the war progresses, the war begins to poison Jin-Tae's mind. Jin-Seok is lost when he finds that he no longer knows who his brother is.

lposter017590-k2.jpg

Official Site

Very good film.

i wanted to write about it here when i saw it a couple weeks ago on dvd but kept forgetting to. This is done alot like Saving Private Ryan and some of the gore comes off as a little too exaggerated but the story is really nice and carries all the way through. I really enjoyed it.

Question About Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood Of War

I just saw this film and was completely blown away. I would say its one of the best war movies I've seen in a long time. I wanted to ask though, I was confused about what happened in the end

***SPOILER WARNING***

did his brother join the North because of what the South did to his brother (therefore going insane), or did he do it because they captured him and he was brainwashed?

Last edited by a moderator:
So is this subtitled in English or dubbed? Just curious. Looks good.

Saw this a few days ago on DVD and like it, probably give it a 4/5. It's like a Korean 'Saving Private Ryan', I thought the movie did a great job of detailing the Korean War with perspectives from both sides including many references to civilian massacres on both sides, and I'm sure is fairly topical in the South where reunification is a big topic for people.

As war movies go, it's very graphic and perhaps it really did borrow a little too much from Private Ryan... well it seemed that way anyway.

Was also good to be able to tell the g/f that I watched a moofie with subtitles... even if it was a war film! ;)