Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ice meth facts thred

mr king

Bluelighter
ICE[/B]

The long letter regarding U4Euh printed in Whole Earth Review (no. 59,
Summer 1988) was in response to their previous Winter 1987 piece by "R. U.
Sirius" of High Frontiers magazine which accidentally (?) gave U4Euh the
chemical structure for another drug, MDA, which is dissimilar in effects.
The nomenclature for U4Euh therein was given as 3,4-Methylenedimethoxy
Methamphetamine which the letter's author showed as "an impossible chemical
structure."
Without stretching this point too far, other "points of fact" laid down
in the response letter included "like crystal methedrine, it is almost
certainly capable of precipitating paranoid psychosis," and "Finally, U4Euh
is relatively untested, both scientifically and on the street," and so on.
The implications of "brain damage, kidney damage, heart damage and liver
damage" continue the barrage. Here is the Friendly Stranger's unprinted
response to "May You Never Sleep - Cognition Enhancing Drugs" from The
Whole Earth Review.

Feedback on Cognitive Activators from The Friendly Stranger

I was one of the first half-dozen or so people to enjoy U4Euh. I also
named it. That's a brand name. Clever? I thought so.
Someone else suggested the name Intellex.The description in the box is
TOTALLY incorrect. I doubt that R U. Sirius was guilty of so egregious an
error. If he was, he completely destroyed his credibility. U4Euh does NOT
fit the definition of "designer drug"; it was created decades before the
term was thought up, and it lay hidden in a journal article and patent.
Calling it a "stimulant" plays into the hands of DEA pigs and Nancy et al.
Saying it is "chemically related to MDMA" is like saying that a Model T
Ford is structurally related to a Formula One Ferrari. U4Euh is related to
MDMA only in that both contain a benzene ring and are composed of Carbon,
Oxygen, Hydrogen, and Nitrogen. There are tens, possibly hundreds, of
thousands of compounds which fit that description. It IS similar to
Pemoline. No, I am NOT going to reveal its exact molecular structure or
chemical name. Why should I?
I feel somewhat like the way John Sutter may have felt after word about
the discovery of gold leaked out. U4Euh was already out, in Florida, so it
was possibly only a matter of time. But my introduction of it at a major
gathering of free spirits, ax-hippies, "freaks," etc., to put it politely,
resulted in it getting out to California where the "baby birds" continued
to disobey instructions and take too much of it, unnecessarily winding up
at the Haight-Ashbury Clinic.
The DEA pigs learned about it and it was Emergency Scheduled. Mea
Culpa. Partly. I did the best I could with what I knew at the time. If I
knew then what I know now, I would NOT have been so generous, would NOT
have identified it, and would have required that people take it in my
presence.

writen by The Friendly Stranger

Here it is again. Some improvements to the PPA extraction process were surmised through empirical testing. A mixed solvent system of ethanol and water is now called for, and results in 100% extraction efficiency with super-speedy filtering. This works only for the *non-time-release* tablets,. The time release ones are a different story, I am told, and require much more processing time and crap to deal with.

Some other changes to help clarify the street nomenclature has also been added due to the e-mail I have received. Enjoy, and remember, if you want this to be a *real* FAQ, you guys have to send me more comments.

The 4-Methylaminorex pseudo-FAQ (beta)
Due to strangely increased demand for 4-Methylaminorex "recipes" that I have received by mail, I decided to compile a short document with the cognate preparation of this interesting compound. This may become a full-fledged FAQ in the future, depending on user response and outside input donated where this will undoubtedly be deficient.

A new clandestine, synthetic drug has been reported in Florida. Ice,
also known as U4Euh on the street, is synthesized from phenylpropanolamine
(PPA), a central nervous system stimulant, and cyanogen bromide, a
derivative of the poisonous gas, cyanide. The chemical name of Ice (U4Euh)
is 4-methyl aminorex.
Aminorex was researched as a diet aid between the 1950s and 1960s.
McNeil Laboratories received a patent and began testing it in 1964.
Aminorex was subsequently shelved because its stimulant properties were too
potent. When taken at lower doses, Ice produces amphetamine-like effects. A
hallucinogenic effect, similar to PCP, occurs at higher doses.
Some drug dealers are marketing Ice as cocaine or crystal
methampetamine. Ice may be taken in powder or liquid form. Most users snort
it or mix it in a drink. A small percentage of users administer it
intravenously. Florida law enforcement officials have identified
approximately 15 cases in central and northeast Florida involving the
powdered drug.
The first documented overdose fatally occurred in 1986. A 37-year-old
male with a history of clandestine chemical manufacturing was found dead in
a Florida hotel room. A plastic bag containing white powder was discovered
in his pocket. the bag was labeled "4-methyl aminorex free base. Not for
injection. For sacramental use only." An autopsy report confirmed the cause
of death to be a drug overdose.
As a result, the DEA classified Ice as a Schedule 1 drug on October 15,
1987. Prior to the emergency scheduling, a clandestine lab was seized in
Pennsylvania where Ice was manufactured. A Gainesville, Florida lab was
seized after Ice was banned. The state of Florida outlawed the substance in

*STANDARD DISCLAIMER*
This is for informational purposes only. It is being produced in order to illustrate the novel structure and effects of the aryl-oxazolines. Use this information at your own risk, I cannot be held responsible for what you do with it, etc... and so on.

Q1. What is Ice?

A1. Ice is a norepinephrine potentiator (neuromodulator class). It has a characteristic look and feel, like white opaque ice, hence the name. Ice is currently a Schedule I drug as designated by the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) which means it is felt to have NO medical use whatsoever. It was originally researched for appetite suppressant ability, but never pursued, probably because it's too much fun. Ice is also synonymous with "U4Euh".

Q2. Can Ice/U4Euh be made from amphetamine/methamphetamine?

A2. It is *technically* possible, but requires some backwards motions to get back to a sec. alcohol. At least one individual, in a personal communication to me, indicated that "they knew of someone who could convert crank [methamphetamine] into ice by washing it with something". This is not possible and more than likely is just a street name for clean crank (meth).

Q3. What kind of chemical is it?

A3. In drug parlance, which is notoriously Non-IUPAC compliant, Ice is synonymous with "Euphoria" (U4Euh), 4-Methylaminorex, or, chemically speaking: dl-cis-2-amino-4-methyl-5-phenyl-2-oxazoline. This is a tongue twister of a name, so I will explain and illustrate it with a cheap floozie of an ascii drawing.

//\
// \____ _____ ____CH3
| || | |
| || | |
\\ / O N
\\/ \ //
\//
|
N
/ \
H H

The numbering starts at the heterocyclic Oxygen and goes counter-clockwise. So the amine is at the 2 position, the methyl is at the 4 position, a phenyl ring is tacked on at the 5 position. Also, the 2-oxazoline part is often merely called oxazoline, as the double bond to the heterocyclic Nitrogen is implied.

It is interesting to note that all of the stereoisomers of 4-MAR are centrally active [1] (ie - it is not stereospecific in action).

Q4. What does Ice/U4Euh do?

A4. The document at Hyperreal.com describing the effects of Euphoria would be a good place to start. Anecdotally, it is said to help concentration and thinking - a sort of "make-you-smarter" drug, with a minor speed-like component to it. Time of action is around 4-6 hours (some say 14-16). Dosage varies but a good start is 20mg for a 150lb individual. It is smoked as the free base or the hydrochloride salt - both have relatively low melting points.

References
Journal of Forensic Sciences, v34, #4, 1989, "The Stereoisomers of 4-Methylaminorex", pp 963-979, Klein, Sperling, Cooper & Kram
Journal of Medicine Chemistry, v6, 1963, "2-Amino-5-Aryl-2-Oxazolines. Potent New Anorectic Agents", pp 266-272, Poos, Carson, Rosenau, Roszkowski, Kelley & McGowin
Euphoria Document

CRYSTLE METH
Overview
Methamphetamine (also known as speed, meth, crystal, crank, tina, and sometimes confusingly called ice) is a chemical widely known for its stimulant properties on the human body. It is frequently confused with other drugs that share similar effects, including amphetamine, 4-methyl-aminorex, ephedrine, caffeine, and other chemicals, both legal and illegal.

Terminology
In this document, we shall refer to the drugs by their common chemical names, rather than by "street names", since the street names do not have a one-to-one correspondence to actual chemicals. For example, the term "speed" can mean methamphetamine or amphetamine. The term "ice" is generally considered to apply to 4-methyl-aminorex, but is often used to refer to relatively pure (and in some cases, not so pure) forms of methamphetamine.

We shall use the term "methamphetamine" to refer to the substance in either its free base (i.e. simple, unadorned) or salt (usually hydrochloride) form. When precision is needed, we shall explicitly state one form or the other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pharmacology
This is one of the most difficult sections to write, partially because there is very little "science" involved. The literature gives conflicting reports, due to the fact that many criteria are subjective, and probably also due to confusion over terminology.

The pharmacological effects of methamphetamine are very similar to those of similarly structured molecules.

Administration
Methamphetamine can be taken orally, snorted, smoked or injected, in approximately increasing order of immediacy of onset.

Onset
Onset can be immediate (in the case of injection), or can take as long as 30-40 minutes if ingested orally.

Duration
Duration is subjective, but is probably on the order of 4 - 8 hours. Delayed absorption (for example, due to oral ingestion) can prolong the effects relative to time of administration. Of course, larger doses last longer due to the fact that it is removed from the blood at a finite rate.

Plasma Life
The length of time that methamphetamine will stay in the plasma (blood) is between 4 to 6 hours. It can be detected in the urine one hour after use and up to 48 hours after use.

Dosage
A toxic reaction (or overdose) can occur at relatively low levels, 50 milligrams of pure drug for a non-tolerant user. Different peoples' metabolisms work at different rates, and drug strengths vary, so there is no way of stating a "safe" or "unsafe" level of use.

Effects
These include euphoria, hyperexcitability, extreme nervousness, accelerated heartbeat, sweating, dizziness, restlessness, insomnia, tooth grinding, incessant talking, and other effects.

Methamphetamine and other CNS stimulants have strong bronchodilation effects. Vasoconstriction (tightening of blood vessels) and pupil dilation are also common. Elevated blood pressure, heart rate, and other general symptoms of increased sympathetic nervous activity.

The physical effects are almost assuredly due to interactions between the amphetamine structure and human physiology, probably due to the similarity to adrenaline (epinephrine).

Mental capacity is not diminished directly by the drug. In fact, some studies have shown slight increases in mental capacity on simple tasks. It has been prescribed for attention deficit disorder, among other things.

Confusing reports here tend to center around the effects of fatigue on mental capacity.

Emotional responses may range from euphoria to anger and paranoia. Preliminary doses tend to produce the former, while continued use (e.g. for three or more days) tends to produce the latter.

It appears that these feelings may be linked to the neurotransmitters dopamine and/or serotonin, although we have not seen a good reference on this yet.

From Ephedrine or Pseudoephedrine
Making it from ephedrine or pseudoephedrine is possible. The only difference between methamphetamine and (pseudo)ephedrine is that damn alpha-hydroxy group. Reacting your ephedrine with thionyl chloride replaces the OH with Cl to produce N-methyl-alpha-chloroamphetamine as an intermediate. Hydrogenating this product is easy: use lithium aluminum hydride, sodium borohydride, or even hydrogen gas with nickel or platinum metal as a catalyst. The product of this step is N-methylamphetamine and HCl. Evaporate off the water and you have methamphetamine hydrochloride.

by (yogisin) and erowid.org

HAVE EDITED POST AND ALSO ADDED REFRENCES! [/B][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the mods know where it came from, and I am pretty sure half the posters on here do too.
You could at least credit the author instead of playing secret squirrel and also I am assuming you have gotten the orginal authors' permission to post it here yeah?

And this isn't the ice you would find on the streets of Australia, Japan, Asian countries or California... We refer to "ice" as crystal methylamphetamine here. Then again who knows exactly what they have crystalized.

It has been stated that 4-mar is present in Australia, and it is also stated in the meth section the difference between both. As for crediting the author, i should, but I'm not trying to be secretive. I just can't be fucked with 14 years olds going to the site then daddy checking the computer history... the next thing you know "ac and tt" will have a drug web site mega episode

spell cheek done via friend

Last edited:
mr king said:
and as for crediting the autor i should do but im not trying to be secretive i just cant be fuked with 14year olds going to the site then dady cheeking the comp history and next thing you no "ac and tt" will have a drug web site mega epasode

Looks like you also couldn't be bothered with correct spelling, grammar or punctuation.

If you are going to spew out someone else work you could at least link it or quote it. May I suggest you adopt the harvard referencing method in any of your future "essays".

;)

I can't be fucked trying to read your posts until you learn to spell or at least use the spell check button.

You have stolen someone elses work without giving them credit, I can't be fucked with that.

Cheers for the post, its great information but it just isn't the meth facts thread. Fact is meth in Australia is methamphetamine and the word ice is just slang.

Fry-d- said:
I can't be fucked trying to read your posts until you learn to spell or at least use the spell check button.

You have stolen someone elses work without giving them credit, I can't be fucked with that.

Cheers for the post, its great information but it just isn't the meth facts thread. Fact is meth in Australia is methamphetamine and the word ice is just slang.

Methamphetamine (also known as speed, meth, crystal, crank, tina, and sometimes confusingly called ice)

The term "ice" is generally considered to apply to 4-methyl-aminorex, but is often used to refer to relatively pure (and in some cases, not so pure) forms of methamphetamine.

*sigh* ..

mr king : I am one who is appreciative of this sort of info, although a in depth analysis I would probably search for elsewhere, a summary into something like "the good, the bad, and the ugly" with local relevance is a great first step for someone starting out.

I personally appreciate peoples efforts to share.

-Fr

ps: I'm not a mod and I wouldnt want to be, but a little bit of maturity can go a long way.

i have updated the tread a few times and will continue to do so i didnt have the time to put it all together in one go but i will get for and more info i have hundreds of pages worth good day frosty freeze

are names and slang are so fucked up when it comes to ICE
my question can an ADHD person get high off 4-MAR? if they don't get high of meth, dex or any amphetamine?

Fry-d- said:

i still cant spell for shit but hey i try somtimes good day

meth/ice/speed my views

:\
I’m not sure, but basically this my understanding, I thought there was three types
Street names
For amphetamine: “speed”, “crystal”, “bennies”
For methamphetamine: “speed”, “meth”, “crank”
For d-methamphetamine: “ice”, “rocks”, “shabu”

They can be called all different names in different cities, theres so many street names this site has a long list and more facts.

http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/content/publications/iddr_2004_05/amphetamines.pdf

I have had a lot of each type. I call meth, meth, and shabu, ice. That's just me.

They are all very similar in effect and chemical structure & effects, but also slightly different. They are different in appearance too. I mean I only ever smoked ice and i've never smoked meth because of the composition or form, (rock form, poweder, form, etc.) like e’s pills are made in illegal labs and so can be made slightly differently, cooked with a mix of things. So anyway this is basic info. just seemed like some people were getting mixed up. 8(

Ice, Intellex, Euphoria= 4-Methylaminorex
Shabu= Crystal Methamphetamine (or as us aussies confusingly Call- ICE)
Whizz, Louie= Methamphetamine a.k.a- speed
Yaba= Crystal Methamphetamine

I don't doubt there is 4-Methylaminorex on the streets of Australia, actually let me rephrase that. In the Mansions of Australia. 4-Methylaminorex is a very rare exotic drug that is VERY VERY rare worldwide. I doubt ANY people on BL have had 4-Mar, I can quite confidently say that, or at least very very few have.

From my understanding the manufacture of 4-Mar is very difficult to make and can't be just made by some backyard cook? due to the 5th Molecular ring... Spoke to a Chem student and he said it would be a very difficult task due to the 5th ring and the chemicals being used, he did say but that it can be done... Only by someone who knows what they're doing but!

SpecTBK=D

^Well, I have smoked really, really good meth before and have smoked amazingly good (-something else-) that is most definitely not meth, but comes in a similar crystallized form. I presumed it was Ice, aka: 4-methyl-aminorex, but I guess I wil never know. It most definitely wasn't meth though as the high was extremely, distinctively diferent to what meth is. And it was tested and the results were negative for methamphetamines.
It only required very little dose to feel any of the effects and the mental clarity was far, far superior to that of what I have experienced from methamphetamine. I would not be exaggerating if I told you at the time, my intelligence felt almost Godly.
The high also lacked any of the physical traits that meth seems to produce. I had an increased heart-rate, but I wasn't as edgey and there was literally no anxiety felt.
The high lasted what seemed to be over a day, however I did smoke more than I should have. The comedown was torture though. The depression was fucking unbearable, but I think this would have something to do with how long I was up for.

I will take a stab in the dark here and say that Ice:4-Methyl-Aminorex is more than likely imported from other countries, but that's just guesswork. I wouldn't be surprised if it was manafactured in one of those "superlabs" in South East Asia and just sold off as crystal meth to some criminal syndicate.

Diacetylus said:
I will take a stab in the dark here and say that Ice:4-Methyl-Aminorex is more than likely imported from other countries, but that's just guesswork. I wouldn't be surprised if it was manafactured in one of those "superlabs" in South East Asia and just sold off as crystal meth to some criminal syndicate.

That's what I think too, but I think it's more like crime syndicates buy crystal meth, thinking it's ice- When if they would have had Ice it would be completely different! Diacetylus- from what you have said, you are a lucky lucky guy to have tried it! I know a couple of other people who. May have had 4-Mar before. But yeah if it is 4-mar you come up with, the feeling that *i want more I want more* I need more... it doesn't happen- that temptation is non-existant so a friend told me who had 4-mar while overseas travelling, in ASIA of all places8) !

But yeah- Most people in Australia, unless you can crack that 5th ring, you can pretty much dream on getting your hands on 4-mar. Unless the DEMAND goes up and people begin to import it!

SpecTBK=D

There's an easy way to check for yourself what you have bought - put a little sample of powder under a drop or two of Marquis reagent and if it changes colour you will be well on the way to identifying the substance.

BT :)

yeah, Marquis also bubbles with no colour change with 4-mar.

a result i have seen, and gear i have smoked before. 4-mar exists, and it isn't that rare. but it's a nice treat ;)

befor christmas 4-mar was easy to find now april/may i have come across it twice fare from fuking happy i can tell you last weekend i smashed 4-5 pipes because of the filth and i only put at least 1-2 point shard/rocks in at any time no dust mini shit its becoming a fuking joke im moving to queensland!!!!!