Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Call for contributions - Drug Info

ayjay

Bluelighter
UPDATE> CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS TO DRUGINFO
You are invited to contribute to the next issue of the DrugInfo newsletter, which is shaping up to be another winner. Please contact the editor to discuss your article/contribution idea and to book a space.

Publication date: 1 December 2005

Topic: Prevention, ecstasy and related drugs: what is showing promise?

Booking deadline: 3 October

Copy deadline: 24 October

Word limit: articles 350-450 words; other contributions by arrangement

Contact: (from 3 October) Renée Otmar, Editor, tel. (03) 9278 8131 or e-mail: [email protected]

** Renee is away this week, so I'm posting this early so you can all have a few days to think up wonderful article ideas to present to her next week. If you would like any further information leave a message on her phone or email and she'll contact you on her return.

Johanna de Wever

Sales & Marketing Manager

Information Services

Australian Drug Foundation

PO Box 818

North Melbourne VIC 3051

Tel: (03) 9278 8109

Fax: (03) 9328 3008

Email: [email protected]

www.druginfo.adf.org.au

www.adin.com.au

www.somazone.com.au

This was just posted to the Update e-list (run by ADCA, if you're interested...)

'Prevention' is an umbrella term that includes harm reduction. I figured someone here might feel like contributing

What angle, main topic area you mostly interested in when you mentioned by "showing promise"?

What you mean by "related drugs" of what type?

I think you might need to give bit more details if you want to attract more interests of contributions.......

Hey - it's not me - I'm just forwarding an email that came my way.

Don't worry - the ADF will attract plenty of contributors from the AOD field - I just don't think they will have the harm reduction aspect covered as well as they might. Check out the druginfo rersources linked above - they're pretty variable from a HR perspective.

I guess it occurred to me that someone from here might like to contribute an article on pill testing, or pill reports, or planning safe parties, or even BL itself! It's an opportunity to present an alternative to the health-service-provider viewpoint. So-called "party drug" use is geting more and more attention from official sources - it's a good opportunity to remind these people that the level of self-management in the scene is very high.

Past issues are on the first website linked above.

Look - I don't work for the ADF - but they are a peak body in Australia. They get a lot of money, they are well-connected politically and they distribute their materials Australia-wide. AOD professionals, particularly in the treatment sector, rely on the ADF for drug information. This is an opportunity for the people who know the most about 'preventing ecstasy-related harm' - ie; BLers - to have a say. It's not my field of expertise so I'm encouraging someone else to have a go.

BTW - They also have an extensive library (catalog searchable online at www.druginfo.adf.org.au) - some good stuff there.