Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

filtering base

pie999

Bluelighter
Does anybody know the facts about filtering base before you iv it? Is the potency lessened considerably? Or the impurities? How effective is it?

Filtering with a piece of cotton / cig filter won't get rid of particles smaller than 50 micron (the width of a piece of hair), but it's still much better than not filtering at all.

Filtering it won't reduce the potency at all. Most base dissolves easily in water without too many particles left. If your gear won't dissolve readily in water and gets stuck in the filter, you shoudn't be injecting it anyway.

Even if it appears to dissolve into a clear-looking solution, there can still be particles present than can cause damage to the veins, heart and lungs. Filtering with cotton isn't ideal, but it will at least remove some of the crap from the mix.

pie999 said:
Does anybody know the facts about filtering base before you iv it? Is the potency lessened considerably? Or the impurities? How effective is it?

I get filters from here

They are perfect for the job at hand, not cheap, but WELL worth it.

That's not cheap - $4 each!! Several of the needle exchanges here in Melbourne sell these for $1 to $2 each. But maybe you are in QLD pie? Try Biala in Brissy - they should have em.

The 0.22 micron filter would be the go for filtering base - will also remove bacteria & fungal spores (but not viruses).

ayjay said:
That's not cheap - $4 each!! Several of the needle exchanges here in Melbourne sell these for $1 to $2 each. But maybe you are in QLD pie? Try Biala in Brissy - they should have em.

The 0.22 micron filter would be the go for filtering base - will also remove bacteria & fungal spores (but not viruses).

I didn't know they sold them in Melbourne, any idea if the exchange on smith st has them? I'm 300kms north of melbourne but will be "visiting" the flats near smith st. this week.

MINE - 94171299 - on smith st does have them periodically - just ring and they'll tell you if they are in stock.
Healthworx - 93628100 - in Footscray is always a sure bet - its jst near footscray station so hardly out of your way if your coming 300km anyway.
Think Healthworks are $1.50 a pop.
One option for cutting down on the wheel filter expense (and it has these provisos: - you need to live in a house where only people you trust open the fridege, and (ii) preferably not one kids enter) is to mix up a couple of days worth of hits and put it all through the filter at once, then refrigerate your tastes for the next couple of days.