Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Medics at raves

Hater

Bluelighter
just a heads up to all u ravers and people who frequent clubs that have fully trained paramedics (home has really good medics ;) ) i recently heard a friend remark that he'd rather sit out and OD than get done by the cops so lets just make this clear for everyone right now esp with a big rave goin down dis weekend

MEDICS WILL NOT TELL THE COPS U HAVE TAKEN DRUGS

neither will ambos but cops listen to the radio chatter and know all the code signs and when an ambulance is called they might come but its doubtful they would arrest anyone but if i were a friend of an OD case i do advice if u have drugs in your poccession to get rid of them before riding in the ambulance with your friend

now the medics at raves will confiscate ya drugs if they are found but we throw them straight into a drug locker which is handed over to the cops at the end of the event im pretty sure they do this at [Venue name removed. hoptis] iv seen the locker myself but i dont know their protocols

im sick of people who think medics are a bunch of tightarse fucks who hate drug takers and will bust them and their friends upon bringing in an OD case

just a little bit on medics i used to be one but kicked out for bringing ppl into raves and supplying drugs (they never caught me for that one luckily) but yer alot of my medic friends will sit in that medic room taking our pure codiene tabs or inhale a lil nos whenever they feel bored

we even had a party where we stole a box full of the strongest morphine inhalent and because of that one party st johns changed all protocol regarding who can access that shit

im sure most of u know this shit but since theres a million dickheads for one informed person i just had to say what im sick of saying

oh and if u have any questions regarding medics or if u'd like to know what people OD off most at raves n clubs i'll make a few calls

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, if your friends or anyone you know is EVER overdosing, dont be a fucking dickhead. Do the right thing.

Get help.

^^^^
Good call lok1

They might be pissed at you when they come to but they will get over it and eventually thank you for your decision

Hater said:
i used to be one but kicked out for bringing ppl into raves and supplying drugs (they never caught me for that one luckily) but yer alot of my medic friends will sit in that medic room taking our pure codiene tabs or inhale a lil nos whenever they feel bored

Fart talk if I ever heard it.

yep, medics can't tell cops about drug use. it's a confidentialy agreement and a HIPAA violation. if they aren't helping with working on the patient then they can never be legally told.

it's pretty strict. if we respond to a car wreck and start transporting the patient and discover he's been drinking, we can't tell a state trooper who shows up later for investigation. of course he will talk to the patient and most likely discover it himself but we can't come out and say it. if the state trooper was first on the scene and started assisting the patient then we can pretty much divulge all that's discovered.

wow, just now realized this was in australian discussion. oh well, i assume most of it applies but maybe not HIPAA(Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)

^At raves? Yes, they are usually ambulance workers. A few years ago, it could be argued that most St Johns workers were not up to scratch on drugs and related effects. But from experience working in harm reduction alongside these guys, many over the last few years have shown a keen interest in drug awareness, and are generally more capable and confident because of it.

The rules are much the same here dream39. No-one wants to hear of someone suffering (or worse) because they were worried about possible legal problems.

good post hater. hopefully some of the uninformed people you were talking about will read this.

the week before i did E i had a friend that feel down some stairs with a bottle in his hand, cut it open (pretty bad) and he was on alot of drugs, to many to name but the owner( a friends ) called the ambos straight away and ever since i will always do it if i see someone OD or hurt them selves, my friend that hurt him self didnt get in to trouble at all.

oh well, Q to hater, what happens to a person that OD's, ive tried asking ppl, even teachers but they said that they die straight away, i was like thats bull shit, can u tell me what happens to the bodie cause i no what ur talkin about. and what are the chances of surviving.
Cheers

Greetings all,

Essentially this is correct. Medics come form many places depending on where you are. in NSW volunteers are likely to come from UniMed or St John depending on the venue. There are also a few private companies who look after raves especially in SA and VIC. Most medics who work at parties are well educated in drug and alcohol issues.

In NSW Police have a policy that they will not prosecute people for drug offences if they have sought medical advice (unless you have 4000 pills in your bag). Likewise Medics under federal privacy legislation can only give certain information police and others about what is going on. The bottom line though is that Australia police are not interested in arresting you for minor drug offences if you need medical care.

Feel free to ask me any more questions about dance party medics.

Cheers,

Buck