Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Discovery Channel- Going Tribal

BA

Bluelight Crew
TV: Going Tribal - Discovery Channel

I caught an episode of this last night and I am hooked! It's a simple premise; a guy named Bruce Parry from the UK goes deep into the jungles of Africa (I believe) and spends a week or so with native tribes doing what they do. Last night he drank fresh cow blood, took part in a scarring ritual, danced with the natives, learned stick fighting, etc.

Next week's preview shows him being sized up by a tribe of head hunter cannibals as he gets his nose pierced. This guy is pretty cool and willing to do just about anything with these tribes. He seems to take everything in stride. I already set me DVR to record all upcoming episodes.

Tuesdays @ 10

www.discovery.com/goingtribal

they have been showing a trailer for an upcoming show where he does "nu-nu" (psychedelic drug) with some tribe.

they show him crawling around on the ground tripping his ass off.

lol.

Sounds a tad sensationalist, I don't think there are any true headhunter/cannibal tribes left, IIRC it wasn't widely practiced in Africa and the last tribe that is known to have practiced it in Papua New Guinea gave it up in the sixties.

But I could be wrong...

--- G.

Then these guys were good actors. A chief from a neighboring tribe came over because he heard a rumor of Bruce being there and he looked pissed! I love this show.

TV: Going Tribal

Anybody watch this show? I find it interesting, especially all the psychedelic snuffs and teas he drinks to try to experience the 'spirit worlds'.

Going Tribal

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Going Tribal follows former Royal Marine and expedition leader Bruce Parry as he tests the physical limits of living with ancient tribes in some of the world's most remote areas.

Parry sheds social trappings (and sometimes his Western clothes) by living alongside people from the virtually unexplored areas of the Himalayas, Ethiopia, West Papua, Gabon and Mongolia. To the degree possible, while spending a month immersed in each society, Parry also tries to adopt the methods and practices of his hosts.

Parry enthusiastically embraces jungle hunting and the rituals of the warrior, being taught by strangers how to survive using bows, arrows, blowpipes, dogs, spears, traps, snares and clubs. He must cook and eat his catch using traditional methods such as hot stones, waxy leaves and bamboo pots.

Parry is accompanied by a translator, but learns the basics of tribal language. The series is accompanied by subtitles. Viewers hear unique languages and watch the sometimes-graphic practices of living and surviving in the jungle among some of the world's disappearing cultures.

This show is awesome. That Bruce guy is either brave as hell, or dumber than shit. NO WAY would I get involved in 1/4 of the stuff he gets into.

what do those tribes take for PAIN??i mean,the knoceach others teef out(well the women) and they get into those stick battles where there are often broken bones, deep cuts..im sitting back thnking "those be sum tuff africans!!"

awesome about the psych drugs..is there a group of people on this earth that do NOT take drugs of some sort??is