Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ketamine substitution?

streetsurfer

Ex-Bluelighter
I recently got onto to some of what what described to me as "crystal ketamine" rather than powder it was as the name implied in crystaline form (ie, pure). I had one bump to sample and it fucked me but later when I and my friend were munching through a half weight we both felt that there was something strange about the effect.....it was k, but it wasn't.
It seemed to lack the eurphoric quality that k normally has and to be more tranqualising and also last a shorter duration.

Any thoughts on this?

Most powder ketamine is simply veterinary solution that has been recrystallised over a steam bath, it is as pure as you'll get. Different brands may recrystallise differently (possibly due to anti-recrystallising agents/preservatives) and this may be able to explain different qualities. Set and setting may also have played a part.

Have you ttried real K before or just K pills? Snorting K pills may cause euphoria with tiny amounts of speed or mda/mdma in them?

Splatt said:
Have you ttried real K before or just K pills? Snorting K pills may cause euphoria with tiny amounts of speed or mda/mdma in them?

I'd agree with this light bulb over here.

K bomb = Preety much K , dissassociating the mind & tiny amounts of speed or mdXX triggering a increase of dopamine & therefore a more "euphoric" trait.

I find that i never got much euphoria off K back in the day.But everybody is different.

oh no dude, I have definetly had k, actually euphoria prob isn't the right word at all. This stuff just seemed to have a more depressant effect. But it had been at the end of the tweekend, maybe I was just fucked

I remember feeling as though I was loosing my mind at one stage and that I would never be sane again, I wrote some fukin weird stuff down ie "I am donnie darko" (it was on vid that night) ahhh, jus another sunday roast at streetsurfers house

Ive had an experience exactly like that above ^^. Normally with K i feel a mood lift (ie some euphoria) and spaced out, but once with this other stuff, a different looking powder, it felt more depressing, weird and generally not as nice a feeling as the K i normally get. It also felt as if i was going crazy walking around the house and thinking bad shit.

I have no idea why this was, maybe cut with something, maybe the cook stuffed up somehow when heating the liquid k, dunno. It was definately K, but something felt "dirtier".

different brands of ketamine contain different mixtures of the s(+)and r(-) versions of the molecule. someone correct me if im wrong.

mmm... I have to admit I'm not sure on this. Both enantiomers have different properties (S) is an anaesthetic and the (R) a hallucinogen. It all depends upon whether or not the processes used in commercial production are enantiomerically selective. Someone else round these parts may be able to shed some light here.

I looked right into it ages ago and came to the conclusion that k is k. Aparently it is all manufactured the same.

Doesn't one brand of ketamine come with mixed an antihistamine, i could be remembering wrong and im not sure if it would cooked out when it was turned into powder but maybe thats got something to with it?

this is probably right off but i read that theres an alprazolam/ketamine mix and im probly so wrong but i suppose theres a chance you got that.i dont know
waterboy:)