Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

60 Minutes: Reefer madness

Stuart

Bluelighter
http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/sixtyminutes/stories/2005_09_11/story_1501.asp

September 11, 2005 - Reefer madness

Back in the '30s, there was a melodramatic little propaganda film called Reefer Madness. In no uncertain terms it thundered on about the evils of the demon weed — that mind-destroying drug marijuana. Naturally enough, hip youngsters thought it was hilarious. They still do. But as it turns out, reefer madness is no laughing matter. It really does exist. Wait till you see the latest, most comprehensive research. It proves cannabis really can cause psychosis, can wreck young brains. Not only that, the drug itself is stronger now, super strong, and the users are younger, much younger — 10 and 11 years old, in some cases.

Cannabis is only available to kids because the regulatory authorities impose no control over the substance because of its legal status. Instead they let dirty street gangs and thugs distribute it. Ohhh the irony!

This will be another chance for the mainstream media to down-talk and shit all over the noble sativa.. To name a current affairs show after the most over-dramatised and badly scripted movie in history makes me giggle actually. This is not an issue of drug characteristics as most people think.. This is an issue of legality and human rights. Ofcourse cannabis can ruin young lives.. so can alcohol, violence in the home, sexual abuse and SSRI anti-depressants. However, most of the black and white conservitive and soccer mom thinkers that will be watching this will attribute cannabis use in general - nomatter of age and social background, as a cause of psychosis. Cannabis is a very under-estimated drug and can cause alot of harm and good at the same time.

Last edited:
Ahhh reefer madness, I downloaded the old movie sometime ago, was pretty boring till all the raping starts

I don't care what they say, it's impossible for me to take that seriously. MARIJUANA WILL MAKE YOU KILL PEOPLE!!! DEATH!! MISERY!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahhaha! MARIJUWANA : DRUG OF CHOICE FOR PEACE LOVING - HIPPIES! IT MAKES THEM KILL! CAUSES THEM TO BECOME PSYCHOTIC AND VIOLENT AGAINST HOMELESS PEOPLE AND ALCOHOLICS!!

DANGER BEWARE!

That program fucking disguested me. Just finished watching it. Who the fuck would rather their son/daughter to be on crack cocaine/heroin rather than marijuana. Where the fuck do these people come from, i mean heroin/crack isnt even comparable to cannabis in its addiction potential and health issues. They should do a program on alcohol next, cause as everyone knows that is a very beneficial drug to the integrity of a young persons brain 8)

just watched it then on t.v. what did everyone think?
tha blonde chick was smokin a FAT j.
well i now know to stay away from that 'super skunk'...

but seriously they are just over exxagerating the obvious, if you abuse it, it will fuck you. i think they just show segments like this every once in a while to scare parents and their kids they force to watch it...

Rats fed THC in there adolecence stage took more herion when they were older proving the gateway theory.

"You survived cannibus, not everyone does"

And whats with the drug "expert" saying that kids are better off haveing a crack or a herion addiction then a pot one....What kind of fucking expert is that?!! Isnt that proof enough of the intgrity of the story...WTF

I just watched the tv program on cannabis and i could not believe the mother said, "i would rather my son be hooked on herion then cannabis"

I just had to laugh

The guy in the blue shirt who ran the weed/seed shop, I thought, knew his stuff. Shame he only got 10 seconds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosis

I think she meant survived a psychosis episode. Well I hoped that’s what she meant. I can see how it can come across the other way.

How’s the part when she said 'I hardly see sugar or caffeine causing Psychosis'. I got a bit peeved about that part. That was... I don't know what to call it.

Doesn’t too much sugar cause diabetes or something? How many people have friggen diabetes? My dad has type two diabetes that I believe the coke (the drink) he consumed every day contributed to. You can say he abused coke and now he's paying the price for it.

The guy abused the drug. Why couldn’t that be the focus of the story.

and what was the purpose of cutting the brain in half? I was hoping the woman was going to point at an area of the brain and say 'Look, see, evidence!'. But nothing. Just shock value footage.

And isn’t there new research out, only very recently that showed the brain fully develops at around the age of 25? Not 18 or 21 as I remember someone on the segment saying. I'm pretty confident it's now believed to be 25.

And there was alot of terminology used throughout the segment that I felt that needed to be explained, I think the average person would not know what the hell they were talking about. They were using the terminology without explaining it to give the image that the person talking on camera has some authority/credibility on the subject.

All in all. People with young developing brains should not do cannabis. That's what's coming accross. What I would of like to see come accross. 'People with young devloping brains should not abuse cannabis.' Nor should developed brains for that matter.

By the way, I drank coke for 20 years every day. But because of my dad and his diabetes, I now drink water 99% of the time. But I havent compeletly stoped drinking coke, I don't see as bad. I still enjoy it, it peps me up.

In moderation! I'm not going to deny myself the little things I enjoy.

Last edited:
the 60 min lady(sorry dont know name), loves her weed, see her face when she smelt the plants.

if i could enter the chat room i would ask the question...

who is funding your research?

the heat is on weed once again for one reason. the pharmaceutical companies are almost ready to launch thc based pain relief medication without the associated high. if the movement for legalising weed grows even stronger, as it is, many people are set to lose a lot of money.

why would one want to give their money to their doctor; their pharmacy; the drug company; their government, if they could grow their required medicine in the backyard for free?

and on the diabetes and liz hayes' face upon smelling the weed, my thoughts exactly. 60 minutes lost all credibility years ago. it is why so many journalists with integrity have left the program and returned to the abc and sbs.

Who's funding her research? You doubt her intentions? Anyway, here's a question that was just asked.

yoly in ninemsn_events2 asks: Is cannabis use for those adults that are suffering chronic neuropathic pain OK, or can there still be brain damage? Is it as risky for an adult? Does brain damage & new problems occur?
Sysop_ninemsn says: The data shows that cannabis use in adults is less risky for developing psychiatric disorders for example than it is in adolescents.
Sysop_ninemsn says: Clearly cannabis related medication has important pain relief properties, so after all other medications are tried, cannabis should be evaluated in adult patients for relieving chronic pain.

cannabislg9yw.jpg

well, her name is liz hayes...(haze) lol

oh and 30-60 times stronger? "designer dope"?

best laugh i've had all week.

hypocritical baby boomer mother - "yes son, i smoked when i was your age, but it's much stronger these days."

son - "yeah, you just smoked twice as much" =D

Silvia Saint: The neurologist just stated that cannabis related medication has important pain relief properties. I doubt she's being payed off by drug companys to demonise cannabis.

I watched 60 minutes tonight as well,I even had a few bongs while i was watching ..lol.... I been smoking since i was 17 and im now 29.. every day too ... oh well see you all in the nutcase ward .. :D
TV2005091119493800_thumb.jpg

TV2005091119494100_thumb.jpg

yoda.jpg